Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it that easy to exploit war matchmaking system

Is it that easy to exploit war matchmaking system

Here's a post I found on reddit today
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan..._to_supercell/
    Quoting text from it:

Dear Supercell,
    I am a player in the clan __________, which currently ranks second in the total number of wars won. In this wonderful game, I am only interested in one thing - the clan wars. Making the optimal roster, engineering, finding and creating the best layouts in this game, and, of course, making win streaks, of which ours is in triple digits. That is what keeps me interested in this beautiful game.

However, there is a huge problem, which practically nullifies all endeavors and efforts of many clans, including my clan and me in particular. Since the introduction of the matching-changes on August 25 2017 it has become relatively easy for anyone to war against... themselves. Yes, you understood me correctly - against themselves. All you need to start wars against yourself is to find a very unpopular roster and start wars using this roster in two separate clans. To lose, in this case, all you need to do is not attack, making the main clan invincible. As you might have guessed, you can do this as many times as you want. 50 win streak? Easy. 100? Same. It just takes some time.

Currently clans can't war against each other for about 2 weeks once they've matched. However, this can be bypassed easily by making a new clan (the clan that will lose) for each war. This can be prevented by adding a similar cool down of about 2 weeks for the individual players so two clans with a players that have recently fought in war would he unable to match for that duration.
    Finally, I urge SuperCell to take action against this self-matching, as well as against clans that conduct their wars in this way. Since you support the fair play in your game (and I know how serious are you about it in CWL!), I would like to believe that you will take all necessary measures against this.

He has even added names of clans who do this, but I am not mentioning them as it may be against rules.

Now another similar post. Read the comment
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...y_in_comments/
    Quotient text-
    A little backstory, I'm the leader of a lvl10 clan. War log is 128-10-3 (or similar, didn't check to see exactly). We currently have a streak of 19. Name is -------- if you want to verify.

Ok, now for the "hunting." I met a guy in global, we will call him -----. He was a max th10. Impressive war stars. Good attacking ability. Overall good recruit. He did a war with us and put up a 6 pack. Nothing too out of the ordinary. Fast forward to the next war. We match in about 5 minutes. Odd. Normally takes 30+. Then, before war starts, we get a guy trying to join the clan and he has a message along the lines of "You have been hunted, pm [Random Username] on line for more info." Then, right before war starts, Fred deletes his cc troops and throws up a base designed to be easily 3 starred. He also spelled out hunted with his walls.

These guys knew who we put in war and when we searched, so they put equal weight bases in their search and began searching at the same time. Then they screenshotted all of our bases so they can attack and practice on them countless times before the actual war started. Then, he made his base an easy 3 star right as war was about to start. It was the whole reason he joined us in the first place. He saw we had a high streak going, and that is what this clan does. They try to play dirty and sabotage you in war so they have a huge advantage and can end your streak. It's smart in a sense, but it is just way too sleezy for me to get behind.

Additionally, one of our members recognized a clan from their war log. They had a 30 streak going before what I imagine has happened to us happened to them.

Second one seems kinda creepy, but still both of these post have proof attached with them. I don't know how if it is against the rules, but to get such accurate matchmakings is sure something which made me think "How efficient is war matchmaking?"

Good, I'm glad you got your fake winstreak broken.

You call the guy who hunted your clans behavior as 'sleezy'. Is it any more sleezy that purposely keeping your weight low so you match against clans that you have a massive advantage over?

At least what the hunter and his clan did took patience and skill to be able to exactly match your clan. All coward engineers do is not build things. Lame.

I say BRAVO to the hunter and his clan. To bad theres not more like them.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv18, 681 fair play wins and counting...

I'M BATMAN!
    To be honest, despite The maneuvering they went through to get a match with you, you got probably the closest ‘fair match’ that anyone can see. Same troops, same heros, same base levels, same defense levels. You lost to a team with greater skill. How much more fair can you get than that? if your win streak was broken by a team that is your equal, that seems pretty fair. If you lost because of that one base with no cc troops, then you didnt have much coverage or didnt use it appropriately.

Maybe this should belong in the bug section? or is Clan Wars more appropriate? I can provide additional proof about how to self-match.

Hunting, although you may not like it, is part of the game.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:04 PM.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Prearranged matching (includes Self matching) has existed, and continues to exist. FW, OL and other consortiums openly do it. The question though is "Does that negatively impact the game?".

My own opinion, no, does not. Yes, you can extract records for "bragging rights" as to win streaks. but the game does nof officially recognizing any traditional war records (there is no official in-game clan leaderboard for either win percents, nor win streaks).

CWL though does have something at stake! In the end a declared champion, and money! That then has to be "above suspicion and doubt", and they have taken anticollusion steps there.

I see traditional wars as "sand lot baseball". Nothing official, nothing at stake, except individual egos and self invented bragging points.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:26 PM.

Forum Elder
    As Tosti says. Your 2 stories help to show that the MM is real good at this present time, since the self matching clan, as well as the hunting clan, were able to home in on their intended targets, simply by using their roster break down.

It is congratulatory on SC's part that this has happened, since for so long matching was way off the mark.

As to how people choose to enjoy the game, is often open to question, possibly even including yourselves, and differs dependant on ones perspective, but it is what it is. Neither of the above mentioned actions are against the T&C, so they have the green light.

i do feel calling anyone cowards for choosing a playstyle is both inflammatory and laughable tho, and really has no place within the forum. Chill pill on its way.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:51 PM.

Ok, how about this? I added Op's post to a new topic I created in the bugs section where I summarized an experiment we created.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Ok, how about this? I added Op's post to a new topic I created in the bugs section where I summarized an experiment we created.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked
    You done all you can mate. Hope somebody that matters takes the time to read thru... And agree's.

PS.. Seems like the MMA is a little too good ATM.
    It is allowing self matching with ease, but it is also allowing roster engineering to work again.
    Have started dabbling again with alt clan. Hardest part is to stop the oppo from maxing out too, but think I am getting there.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    You done all you can mate. Hope somebody that matters takes the time to read thru... And agree's.

PS.. Seems like the MMA is a little too good ATM.
    It is allowing self matching with ease, but it is also allowing roster engineering to work again.
    Have started dabbling again with alt clan. Hardest part is to stop the oppo from maxing out too, but think I am getting there.
    Timing couldn't be better actually, I've been meaning to put it all together and the Reddit post is a nice addition.

It's a 1-2 punch.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:02 AM.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    As Tosti says. Your 2 stories help to show that the MM is real good at this present time, since the self matching clan, as well as the hunting clan, were able to home in on their intended targets, simply by using their roster break down.

It is congratulatory on SC's part that this has happened, since for so long matching was way off the mark.

As to how people choose to enjoy the game, is often open to question, possibly even including yourselves, and differs dependant on ones perspective, but it is what it is. Neither of the above mentioned actions are against the T&C, so they have the green light.

i do feel calling anyone cowards for choosing a playstyle is both inflammatory and laughable tho, and really has no place within the forum. Chill pill on its way.
    So what would you call people who purposely keep their weight low so that they can match clans they usually have a massive advantage over? I'd say cowardly fits the description just nicely, but thats just my opinion. It might be inflammatory but its definitely not laughable. You think the poor unlucky clans that get matched with these darn engineers are laughing? I highly doubt it. I'd be willing to be they're more annoyed and angry than laughing.

Of course its well within their rights to do so. Even though SuperCell took a major step to try and reduce the number of coward engineers out there, its still not against their terms or service. That being said, it dosent mean that my description of them isnt accurate.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv18, 681 fair play wins and counting...