Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it that easy to exploit war matchmaking system

Quote Originally Posted by dayone View Post
    Of course it dosent take any thought to be a max base MajorJohnson, this isnt rocket science, but you could argue that it takes even less thought to be an engineer. Its always easier to not do something than it is to do it. Less buildings, less things to manage, less things to think about, easier attacks.

I probably get 50-75 people a day trying to join my clan, easily, probably more. Granted the vast majority are terrible and never stood a chance of being accepted, but it never hurts to try it seems, lol. Anyway, if I see that the person is a .5 or worse a hard core engineer, they wont even be accepted into the clan to see if they’ll change and build their defences. If you have that type of mentality, you’re not welcome in my clan...so you wont have to worry about being berated because you play the game differently.
    I think you're a bit misguided on how much work it takes to be engineered these days. You seem laser focused on sandbagged bases as being how you engineer, but that is not the case anymore. These guys work at the clan level, picking and choosing upgrades. Gone are the days where you can throw a few sandbagged max offense 11s into a lineup and win easily.

Rest assured, I'm not trying to defend what the current batch of clan level engineers do these days. I personally don't think normal engineered win streaks are any more brag worthy than the self matched kind. Both are taking advantages of weaknesses built into the system. Honestly, this post from the original thread sums up my thoughts well: https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan...rcell/erav1ku/
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; 4 Weeks Ago at 03:33 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm 39/40 heroes
    TH11 - doug 50/40/20 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Are you sure? It may not be rocket science to me but it is for many. You no likey engineers but you don't know know the difference and draw the line at your feet and say anyone that cannot conform to a very specific route is cowardly.

I'd get 100+ requests too if I advertised and put my clan in my sig....

My advantage is that I have no line drawn in the sand, I have hundreds of bases to choose from whether it is maxxer, engineer, rusher, .5, and everything in between and war them all.

I am interested in who is behind the base, some may surprise you if given the chance and not through a narrow view.

Im positive Major. As I said above, its much easier to NOT do something than it is to do it.

Indeed I no likey engineers, and I do know the difference. You have the .5s, the least offensive, over there on the left and the hardcore no walls no defence max offence guys over there on the right, and everything in between...Then you have the roster engineers.

I joined the forums on August 6th, 2015 Major, almost 2 and a half years after I started playing, and I only have 415 posts. I highly doubt even a single person has tried to join my clan because of my signature. Heck, from what I can tell, the majority of forumers support engineering as a legitimate way to play. Thats why I put fair play in bold in my signature.

My advantage is that... Well there you go. See, I dont want an advantage Major. I want a fair and balanced war every single time where nobody has a distinct advantage. Is that really to much to ask, is that concept really to hard to grasp?

Im not interested whos behind the base because their base tells me all I need to know. Have I rejected a ton of people who Id probably get along great with, enjoy their company and maybe even become friends with? Of course, without a doubt. But at the end of the day (for me at least) it comes down to winning fair wars.
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv18, 683 fair play wins and counting...

I’m positive Major. As I said above, its much easier to NOT do something than it is to do it.

Indeed I no likey engineers, and I do know the difference. You have the .5’s, the least offensive, over there on the left and the hardcore no walls no defence max offence guys over there on the right, and everything in between...Then you have the roster engineers.

I joined the forums on August 6th, 2015 Major, almost 2 and a half years after I started playing, and I only have 415 posts. I highly doubt even a single person has tried to join my clan because of my signature. Heck, from what I can tell, the majority of forumers support engineering as a legitimate way to play. Thats why I put fair play in bold in my signature.

”My advantage is that...” Well there you go. See, I dont want an advantage Major. I want a fair and balanced war every single time where nobody has a distinct advantage. Is that really to much to ask, is that concept really to hard to grasp?

I’m not interested who’s behind the base because their base tells me all I need to know. Have I rejected a ton of people who I’d probably get along great with, enjoy their company and maybe even become friends with? Of course, without a doubt. But at the end of the day (for me at least) it comes down to winning fair wars.
    I also want the regular war matchmaker to make wars as even as possible on offense and defense such that attacking skill, base designing skill and clan organization/attacking strategy determine the outcome, again as much as possible. That said, I’m not going to intentionally build my base in a way that I know isn’t good for the matchmaker. Not building an inferno until I get some more offense because it is a disadvantage is no different to me than not building a mortar ever because it is a disadvantage. I was calling for a minimum weight back when I myself had a defenseless account, a 9.11 and several other types of engineered accounts. Anyway, thankfully, these days the advantage is getting to be more and more close to just upgrading in a balanced way.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

I’m positive Major. As I said above, its much easier to NOT do something than it is to do it.

Indeed I no likey engineers, and I do know the difference. You have the .5’s, the least offensive, over there on the left and the hardcore no walls no defence max offence guys over there on the right, and everything in between...Then you have the roster engineers.

”My advantage is that...” Well there you go. See, I dont want an advantage Major. I want a fair and balanced war every single time where nobody has a distinct advantage. Is that really to much to ask, is that concept really to hard to grasp?

I’m not interested who’s behind the base because their base tells me all I need to know. Have I rejected a ton of people who I’d probably get along great with, enjoy their company and maybe even become friends with? Of course, without a doubt. But at the end of the day (for me at least) it comes down to winning fair wars.
    To create an engineered roster or good engineered base takes far more work and dedication than a max base, and there are far more bad engineer bases than good. As a max base, your only goal is to max a base before moving up.

My point before was that the term 'engineer' is very broad, so you paint everyone with the same brush even if they would not consider themselves as such because they don't fit your very specific view. Completely fair and balanced wars are impossible unless everyone was forced to max everything in a certain order before moving up.

I do not think we will ever agree, you no likely engineers and I play to win. I'd like to call a parlay since we could be here a while.

Anyways, this topic is about self-matching rather than the balance in wars and it would affect you too since you are proud of the amount of wins your clan has, which could be acquired in less time through self-match.

You are ranked #3 in Canada for total war wins, quite the achievement. Now let's say the #4 ranked clan were to turn to self-match to pass you?
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:17 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

[QUOTE=MajorJohnson;12237639]To create an engineered roster or good engineered base takes far more work and dedication than a max base, and there are far more bad engineer bases than good. As a max base, your only goal is to max a base before moving up.

My point before was that the term 'engineer' is very broad, so you paint everyone with the same brush even if they would not consider themselves as such because they don't fit your very specific view. Completely fair and balanced wars are impossible unless everyone was forced to max everything in a certain order before moving up.

I do not think we will ever agree, you no likely engineers and I play to win. I'd like to call a parlay since we could be here a while.

Anyways, this topic is about self-matching rather than the balance in wars and it would affect you too since you are proud of the amount of wins your clan has, which could be acquired in less time through self-match.

You are ranked #3 in Canada for total war wins, quite the achievement. Now let's say the #4 ranked clan were to turn to self-match to pass you?[/

I fail to see how creating a good engineered base takes far more work and dedication than a max base. As I said before, its much easier to do nothing than to do something. No walls...check. No defences...check, decent heros...check, max specific troops they’re gonna use in war...check. Sorry Major, but that dosent even come close, its not even in the same realm as maxing a base. Thankfully not anymore, but back in the day you could have a decent engineered base in days, maybe weeks if you’re slow. A maxxer will spend weeks, months, years just upgrading walls and heros. Excuse me but I think the latter takes much more dedication. Theres a reason why SuperCell has been lowering the cost and time it takes to fully upgrade a base, not to mention all the magical items.

I dont think the definition is broad at all. Whether you’re a point .5 or have no walls and defences, an engineer is an engineer. Of course there a varying degrees of engineeredness, with .5’s being the least offensive, but it all comes down to the same thing, building your base with the intention of tricking the matchmaker into giving you easier matchups.

I agree that completely fair and balanced wars are pretty much impossible. The difference is we dont build our bases or stack our roster looking to have an advantage. I gather up the people who are opted in and press search. Just tonight we lost a war because the other side had an extra th12. Goodbye 10 war win streak. We tied but they beat us by percentage. It totally sucks, but what can you do? Luck of the draw I guess. Thank goodness they weren't engineered though, lol.

And make no mistake, I like to win too. I just like to win fairly, or fair enough to the best of my abilities. Sometimes we have an extra th12. It sucks but I dont feel bad because we didnt go looking for it. We dont put a couple th5’s or 6’s or lower at the bottom of our roster to lower our overall weight.

You’re right about us never agreeing, fair play is just a different mentality. I agree to your parlay.

PS- I think it would be terrible, tragic, a travesty of epic proportions if the #4 clan in Canada passed us because of self matching, lol
    Leader of Alberta United #9YQYU0P2. Lv18, 683 fair play wins and counting...

i just spun 2 clans with a th10 top and 4 th3's.

both clans matched *someone else* that were running a th10 topping 4 th3s. i'm in usa and one clan matched iran, the other china

i have spun 5v5 th3 wars before checking on self matching a couple months ago when i first read of it. yes 3 out of 5 times I tried it we pulled a self match. the other two times we hit clans from china and russia (on those occasions i stopped the 2nd clans search when the first hit)

so self matching attempts seem to be more prevalent than some might believe/admit and it appears to me it is widespread internationally

This post is pretty funny 😂 Maybe supercell should keep an eye on accounts in war and put a long cooldown on clans being able to matchup if accounts have a relationship - in the meantime good luck to the hunters ; war logs mean nothing if you are beating your own alt accounts in new clans ; really makes clans with huge war win logs look like they are just manipulating the system rather than skilled

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    This post is pretty funny 😂 Maybe supercell should keep an eye on accounts in war and put a long cooldown on clans being able to matchup if accounts have a relationship - in the meantime good luck to the hunters ; war logs mean nothing if you are beating your own alt accounts in new clans ; really makes clans with huge war win logs look like they are just manipulating the system rather than skilled
    Actually self match clan usually close their warlog, so if u see them in cocp.it there will be easy to differentiate between normal match to self match, the later has no visible warlog

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    This post is pretty funny  Maybe supercell should keep an eye on accounts in war and put a long cooldown on clans being able to matchup if accounts have a relationship - in the meantime good luck to the hunters ; war logs mean nothing if you are beating your own alt accounts in new clans ; really makes clans with huge war win logs look like they are just manipulating the system rather than skilled
    Actually they are manipulating the system, only not to the same degree (am not trying to be derogatory here). They at least chance the spin.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:15 PM.