Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Poll: End of season Trophy guesses for 1st season

Centennial Club
    5500 itís gonna be way more competitive

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    The new scoring system now really has the potential to put up a lot of trophies for people that use all of their attacks over the course of a season. Im interested to see the status of the leaderboard over the course of the season. I wonder whether the board will remain rather static or how much shuffling we will see at the top. Im sure we will see trophy levels break 6k, but they have the potential to break 7k by the end of season. So with that said, What do you think the top trophy score will be at the end of the first season?

Im gonna go really specific and say 7023.
    I'll guess 6700

Pro Member
    near the map legend right by the seadragon
    After reading through this thread, my gut feeling is that the first month may actually have the highest trophy amount as it will have some big win opportunities at the beginning of the season as all the non th12 bases get cleared out of legends. Then there will be the hero disparity as players don't get the high percentage wins to deduct points. A loss of course would be devastating but I am guessing the very top player wont see that and maybe even get a defense or two.

Unfortunately 7023 was already taken, so lets go big (go big or go home right?) and say the top player will hit 7712 during the first season and smaller in later seasons.

So 7712.
    Free to play TH12 BK60 AQ60 GW30
    Leader of kregs

Thank you to all the players who buy gems and allow others to play for free.

***7,000 to 10,000 trophies***
    is my estimated guess based on my own data (personal pushing for the past 7 months).

The higher end will compose of solid attackers (2.5 stars average per attack) with a well designed defensive base (1.0 stars average).

The 2.5 stars could go even higher tho with an account who has max heroes and the improved rage spell.
    Also the 1.0 star average defense could be a bit conservative given that there will be many people attacking without their heroes as many accounts will be upgrading.

All in I would NOT be surprised if someone surpassed 10,000 trophies next season. it really depends on matchmaking. SC saying you will be match with "like" trophies. Not sure what that means. Obv. titans will not longer get matched with legends but if I am at 6,000 cups will my range be 200 +/- or 400 +/-. The tighter the range the harder it will be to 3 star on the way up. This could push end cups closer to 7,000 at season end.

U.S.A
    Phillman98 | TH 12-5 | BK 65 | AQ 65 | GW 40 | GG 2B | EE 2B | HH 24.8 | LEGENDS 12,165 CUPS
    LEVEL 221 with 33 of 35 Achievements Completed

Unbreakable 5,348

Banned
    So I was thinking about this.
    Let's say only 10 people go to legend.

For every 1 person that wins 500 trophies in Legend to go up, someone (someones) has to lose 500 trophies to go down.
    So for every person on 500, 5 people have to drop to 4900 and drop from Legends?

There's not really other ways for this to happen.
    Except for more people continually entering Legends at 5000 and dropping 100 trophies to get to more trophies into the Legend system, and how long is that going to last for?

At the moment we have massive trophy inflation in the 5000+ area because from low Legends we mostly raid Titans players and increase the total trophies above 5000; but that's finished with the OBs changes.

I think some very few players will get to higher trophies (maybe even 6k again) but loads of people HAVE to be dropping out of legends, every day. I personally don't think they will bother trying it again... (Well not immediately)

My guess is 6666

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    So I was thinking about this.
    Let's say only 10 people go to legend.

For every 1 person that wins 500 trophies in Legend to go up, someone (someones) has to lose 500 trophies to go down.
    So for every person on 500, 5 people have to drop to 4900 and drop from Legends?

There's not really other ways for this to happen.
    Except for more people continually entering Legends at 5000 and dropping 100 trophies to get to more trophies into the Legend system, and how long is that going to last for?

At the moment we have massive trophy inflation in the 5000+ area because from low Legends we mostly raid Titans players and increase the total trophies above 5000; but that's finished with the OBs changes.

I think some very few players will get to higher trophies (maybe even 6k again) but loads of people HAVE to be dropping out of legends, every day. I personally don't think they will bother trying it again... (Well not immediately)
    I think you're right in that I think it's going to be MUCH harder going forward to go from Titan 1 to Legend. There will be nobody above you offering up decent trophy counts, so it's going to be less than 10 trophies at a time offered. Seems likely anyone getting knocked out of Legend might just say "screw it" and stay down in Titan or lower (especially if those leaving Legend know they aren't going to hang in Legend since they cannot make their 8 attacks per day).

The flip side is, they don't just have to drop 100 trophies anymore to leave Legend. If you want out of Legend and just don't attack, you could drop 300+ trophies on Legend Leaguers on your way out the door (more if you started even higher and just let people crush you for 2+ days).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    I think you're right in that I think it's going to be MUCH harder going forward to go from Titan 1 to Legend. There will be nobody above you offering up decent trophy counts, so it's going to be less than 10 trophies at a time offered. Seems likely anyone getting knocked out of Legend might just say "screw it" and stay down in Titan or lower (especially if those leaving Legend know they aren't going to hang in Legend since they cannot make their 8 attacks per day).

The flip side is, they don't just have to drop 100 trophies anymore to leave Legend. If you want out of Legend and just don't attack, you could drop 300+ trophies on Legend Leaguers on your way out the door (more if you started even higher and just let people crush you for 2+ days).
    Yeah, but everyone started at 5000 so the ONLY way new trophies are added is everytime someone drops out of legends (or I guess, drops into the 4900s and manages to stay there)

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Yeah, but everyone started at 5000 so the ONLY way new trophies are added is everytime someone drops out of legends (or I guess, drops into the 4900s and manages to stay there)
    Right, though I'm saying I think it's relatively reasonable to think that people will initially climb up in trophies, then realize "8 times a day doesn't work for me" and drop out from a point much higher than 5000 beginning trophies. They're still only having those "extra trophies" from other droppers to your point. But I think we may see 2 significant trophy "additions" so to speak (in terms of timeline, not the source of the trophies which as you point out is people leaving Legend). One as people who are at 5000 initially drop and return at a much slower rate than drops occur. And then another drop once the people who made a go of it realize they can't keep up with the daily grind and drop themselves, potentially from much higher than 5000.

Total trophies in Legends becomes a direct function of additions to and subtractions from the Legend player pool. And I think your initial thought is correct in that it's going to be far more subtractions than additions, which is going to prevent people from climbing all that high.

Forum Veteran
    I also wouldn't be surprised to see SC recognize all of this after a season or two, and change how the reset works. Either by raising the reset floor, or by doing something like making you lose only 1/2 your trophies above 5000 each season.

Perhaps they want people grouped up more closely though? I don't really know the motivation/plan for what they want to see Legend League look like. New system definitely makes it more elite.