Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How do people feel about the increased competitiveness of CoC?

not maxed anything. i once had a max th8. casual player. i love good competition win or lose and don't measure my manhood by a phone app

i prefer cwl by far! over classic wars. Anything where skill and strategy and total clan involvement trumps engineered rosters and bases is a big plus in my book

engineers, though supposedly diminished by th12, still suck the fun out of wars for the rest of us

(shameless plug)
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...chmaker-please

i'm only champs and I don't push trophies so it'll be a day or two before i am legends but i read about the improvements and i will say i am highly impressed

I don't grind the farm routine. i live off war loot. so for competition and resource building, wars are coc as far as i am concerned

gold pass was a stroke of genius. the guy or gal who came up with that idea deserves a raise

as for lower th's i feel the game really starts at th10 now. i have bases ranging from th7 to th12 and th10 is by far the most fun to play imo. there's enough challenge and base differences that it's not an auto 3 star. but 3* is still attainable with a good strategy

"that's all i have to say about that"
    -- forrest gump
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; June 15th, 2019 at 01:18 AM.

I do not feel pressure from SC to upgrade, nor to push up to 6k+ trophies. I put pressure into upgrading to max levels on myself, for I like that play style. I pushed up high once, great, I did my aim so all good. I do not need to push repeatedly, month after month.

I am sure many like the competition at the top and do want to be there month after month.

I just like playing the game, which has become very robust with all sorts of options from the social aspect to clan wars to cwl, events to clan games, now the season pass. Something for everyone who likes the game for whatever reason: there is an awful lot to do for any level of th and any sort of player.

I also do not think the lower levels will become irrelevant. There seems to be no end to new players, and I enjoy helping newer players in our clan fam. As always some will give up the game at some point while others will max. Perhaps a few will one day be at the top.

If someone wants to sit at th7 (or any level) forever and they enjoy it, fantastic. To me every level is a good and fun and competitive level.

I guess Ive been around some 6+ years or so? I have 8 accts ranging from lowers to max 12s in legends. Great game, good updates, always something to learn or do. No complaints here.
    Proud spammer of troops, spells, & heroes.

CWL is what regular war should have been all along. Matching on war weight then adding success in wars to your war weight is no bueno for me. I havenít enjoyed regular war since they introduced engineering. OBS is a step in the right direction for multiplayer. It should be about skill and progress level. Not who can stare at a screen the longest or in a lot of cases...well.....push in less than honorable ways that violate the TOS.

I havenít been back to legends since the thanksgiving fiasco last year. Yet here I am at 5300 waiting for the update to drop.

I don't know if i agree as a casual player CWL made winning wars possible the old system required maxing and many other things where as now your free to upgrade as you see fit and as long as your progressing your stronger each time. my clan of random little kids went from being unable to find wars and getting smashed when we did to casually queuing and doing quite well. also maxed players getting some kind of benefits doesn't hurt lower level players and the gold pass makes leveling way faster buying only builders and gold pass i have been able to level to townhall 10 on an account i made in may with maxed army camps and a few troops for its level. I think its much more casual friendly now.

I've been debating on this thread. I'm th12 a good ways from max. The second heaviest war base in our clan. We have 3 th12s that war. We don't expect to war at the top leagues of cwl. Not sure why we would. We'll get there or not. We focus on upgrading our bases on our schedule. What all th12 clans can do doesn't matter. I do admit that I find it a bit odd that those that need the medals least get the most but I can't come up with a better solution. As far as legends, I imagine I couldn't find more than 1 or 2 players in my clan that cares. I might, and that's MIGHT, if the clouds get better in titan, push to legend now. Might not. Titan 3 is pretty nice for farming. Bottom line, we really don't perceive a change. For us.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

It is the natural progress of the game. Supercell wanted to add some competitive aspects to the game. They felt that e-sports was the way forward. This begs the question, why should a th9 who has played for 1 year get to compete when there are maxed 12s that have been playing for 5 years. First they added things that sped up progression. Then they added CWL and the world championship to get a real e-sports league going. Letís face it, people want to watch the top level, not 4 levels below.

Now they have fixed the other competitive aspect of the game, pushing. They made it exactly like CWL where PERFORMANCE matters. You have to be maxed to compete but you have to have great skill to win. That is how it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    ...We're going to add more TH levels, and yes, that will render the lower TH's even more irrelevant by nature. It's not that we are disregarding them, it's that we'll always be focused on new content. Creating new content for TH9 doesn't incentivize players to upgrade and keep progressing through the game to experience the new content we're working on....
    I have no doubt this is the overall goal, but imho, if you donít bring new content or at least interesting content into the lower THís, many new clashers wonít want to invest the time and energy into making that onerous and daunting climb from TH1 to TH20. From another perspective, SC has built and will continue to build an empire, but foundations crumble over time, and fresh blood is needed to be the future foundation of COC. Itís all the more reason to focus attention on lower THís so they feel welcome and part of the COC global community.

Personally I think it’s awesome, at least without playing it I can say that, let you know after we’ve played it for a while.

I think it helps the game simply in the fact it now gives maxed players something to challenge themselves with, something with a somewhat level playing field. So for them to challenge themselves in Legends seems a nice addition to the game. It won’t in any way effect the farmers as they can still farm away in any level below, and do their own thing at their own pace, so really shouldn’t be any complaining there, but we all know this won’t be the case.

CWL is I think a great addition to the game, and I believe it will continue to get better as it evens out even further.

And as far as Darian’s point of the game always progressing, I agree the game must progress in order to stay interesting. My only hope is that the progression/grind is kept in check. By that I mean, if the grind is too great people will get tired of it and that would be a mistake, in my opinion. I mean personally I can’t fathom trying to grind 20 million gold for an upgrade and then have it take 21 days.....
    ~NÔgHtÁRŚwLŽR~
    TH12 AQ 65 BK 65 GW 40
    level 218 1756 war stars 5757 cups PB
    semi-finalist in 1v1 forum cup TH10 div
    member of the 2018 no dip Championship clan

Quote Originally Posted by LeethalForce View Post
    I have no doubt this is the overall goal, but imho, if you don’t bring new content or at least interesting content into the lower TH’s, many new clashers won’t want to invest the time and energy into making that onerous and daunting climb from TH1 to TH20. From another perspective, SC has built and will continue to build an empire, but foundations crumble over time, and fresh blood is needed to be the future foundation of COC. It’s all the more reason to focus attention on lower TH’s so they feel welcome and part of the COC global community.
    As a new player, everything is new. Unlocking better troops. Better defenses. Accessing clan games. There is already plenty at each level. If you add more, it becomes more daunting. As a multi account player, it might get stale. But a new player still has much to discover.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    As a new player, everything is new. Unlocking better troops. Better defenses. Accessing clan games. There is already plenty at each level. If you add more, it becomes more daunting. As a multi account player, it might get stale. But a new player still has much to discover.
    I actually do agree with you on that, because we’re only at TH12. The part I have a problem with, is a future new clasher being introduced to th1 and then told “see that humongous hill over there? That’s THXX, and that’s where we want you to go.”
    Last edited by LeethalForce; June 15th, 2019 at 02:12 AM.