Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Question - How is position in roster determined for fully maxed bases?

  1. #21
    Super Member Call me H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    KillerEliteUK
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    Well it's not "random" at the war level. If Player A and Player B are both maxed, and Player A is above Player B today, they'll be above them in all wars.

    I don't remember if this was a description from SC on these boards or someone else, but I remember reading that it is based on the location of the player in a certain player-list table. Location was largely dictated by when a player started playing, but some locations "seemed" random (as if, for example, a player joined and was deleted, then the next player could come in and replace their spot in the table).

    My recollection of the description was that there was a general pattern, but given that the pattern was often interrupted, there was no definitive "this is how you could tell if you or another player will be higher". You won't know until you are maxxed and have someone else maxxed to compare with, and even then you'll only know relative position compared with that one other individual.

    Hi,

    so.. war search starts and i am ranked 1st in war and then war is found and i am 3rd. If i take the top 3 bases in our clan we all maxed out at about the same time and sit and wait for the next update to land. we were the same at th11 and at various stages through th12.

    my observations are that how it works is down to opinion and guessing a system. All i can say is i see it first hand.. we (the clan) refer to it when we are all maxed as russian roulette.

    I have been first for the last 4 wars and now im 3rd.. and next war i could be 2nd etc etc etc...
    Last edited by Call me H; April 29th, 2019 at 02:28 PM.


    Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

    Founder of KillerEliteUK.



  2. #22
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    Hi,

    so.. war search starts and i am ranked 1st in war and then war is found and i am 3rd. If i take the top 3 bases in our clan we all maxed out at about the same time and sit and wait for the next update to land. we were the same at th11 and at various stages through th12.

    my observations are that how it works is down to opinion and guessing a system. All i can say is i see it first hand.. we (the clan) refer to it when we are all maxed as russian roulette.

    I have been first for the last 4 wars and now im 3rd.. and next war i could be 2nd etc etc etc...
    I have to ask. if everyone is maxxed and therefore position order becomes meaningless at that point, why exactly does it matter? If I come across opponents with 5 max TH12s at the top and I am maxxed TH12, I have 5 targets to pick from unless I am being a fool and trying to attack mirrors.

  3. #23
    Super Member Call me H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    KillerEliteUK
    Posts
    938
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I have to ask. if everyone is maxxed and therefore position order becomes meaningless at that point, why exactly does it matter? If I come across opponents with 5 max TH12s at the top and I am maxxed TH12, I have 5 targets to pick from unless I am being a fool and trying to attack mirrors.
    the purpose of the thread is not to state whether its meaningless.. its people asking how it works.... you not having a good day?


    Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

    Founder of KillerEliteUK.



  4. #24
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    the purpose of the thread is not to state whether its meaningless.. its people asking how it works.... you not having a good day?
    Im having a great day thanks for asking. I am looking for the reason for asking the question in the first place. There is always a reason behind a question and I dont believe idle curiosity is the actual answer.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    98
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Im having a great day thanks for asking. I am looking for the reason for asking the question in the first place. There is always a reason behind a question and I dont believe idle curiosity is the actual answer.
    It could be a matter of prestige.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Vook's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    481
    The player with more chakra and better jutsus wins

  7. #27
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypocharge View Post
    It could be a matter of prestige.
    it could be. And if that is the reason for asking the question, the correct answer would be that there is no difference between two equally developed accounts and if you are looking for prestige, there are other things in the game that more correctly can be used to differentiate yourself: donations, attack success etc.

  8. #28
    Forum Legend Warios's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    8,053
    When you are maxed, not many other things to think about, so for me it is more out if curiosity then anything else, especially when the order randomly changes, there must be something that is the cause.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h






  9. #29
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    1,687
    W
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    When you are maxed, not many other things to think about, so for me it is more out if curiosity then anything else, especially when the order randomly changes, there must be something that is the cause.
    If I had my guess based on what SC has mentioned in terms of data shards in other threads it likely works something like this:

    If all development is equal then look at the most recent activity for each player and choose the last five digits of the row number that activity is in and put the players in ascending order based on that,

    Player A last activity row number is 1234567890
    Player B last activity row number is 1234712345
    Player C last activity row number is 1235547653

    Output is
    Player B 12345
    Player C 47653
    Player A 67890

    Each time that table is updated (and who knows what actually updates THAT 1 table or if it is even updated daily or weekly or monthly or once in a blue moon or only once ever - it could be a logon entry, it could be the last time you attacked, it could anything) the number will be different.

    In any case it effectively renders the outcome as pretty much random.

    Since the order that equally developed players sit in the roster is meaningless, it wont affect gameplay or outcomes in any way and hence is an easy way to create randomization without any damage.
    Last edited by Tosti111; April 29th, 2019 at 05:10 PM.

  10. #30
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    If it is to do with achievements .. how can i be above a maxed th12 with a complete profile and i have a couple to do.....
    It was only an idea because if it would be purely random than the likelihood that I would stay #1 in our clan more than 1 or 2 times in a row would be little to nothing. So there Must be something else.
    In our clan after the normal maxxed acc settles again (6-8 acc) the ranking is very stable so there must be something else.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •