Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Derby idea! Level the playing field

Derby idea! Level the playing field

Derby is boring. When a farm is in first place the first day with max points. It takes the fun out of it. Why not start a diamond league. The farms that use diamonds to play the derby. Have them compete against each other. It would give the diamond users more of a challenge. The farms that canít or donít use diamonds would have a challenge too.
    Happy Farming!
    KIK: 273nicole / (LEVEL- 144) 142/144 ACHIEVEMENTS FARMING FOR OVER 6 YEARS

Quote Originally Posted by 273nicole View Post
    Derby is boring. When a farm is in first place the first day with max points. It takes the fun out of it. Why not start a diamond league. The farms that use diamonds to play the derby. Have them compete against each other. It would give the diamond users more of a challenge. The farms that can’t or don’t use diamonds would have a challenge too.
    Happy Farming!
    Not every hood finishing fast and furious is using diamonds to do it.

many are planning ahead and making ready for tasks.

there is nothing wrong with using diamonds for anything, btw
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I used to think like this. I felt it was unfair for my neighborhood to be up against the same size neighborhood who were all buying the extra task. I didn't want to be one of those neighborhoods. I let it stress me out. So I took a step back. I realized that winning the top three spots and the prizes that went with it was not really worth it for ME. So I spoke to my neighborhood and ask them what they thought. We all agreed that spending the diamonds wasn't worth it. We all agreed that we had to define what a successful derby meant to us. 1) Horseshoes over placement. 2) As long as we stayed in Champions League. 3) Everyone contributes. 4) People over derby.
    We had to find a way as individuals to keep the derby stress free. Which meant the level 30 farms were free to do as much as they felt they could do without being harassed by the higher levels. Kids were allowed to be a bit more lax in their derby tasks in order to keep up with school and other obligations. As long as everyone has points on the board by Wednesday we are accepting. Otherwise they get opted out for a week.... or longer if they feel they need to.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

More and more derby players are complaining about this as they are becoming aware what is happening. The champion league is where it happens. Every week there seems to be at least one or two diamond blower teams injected into the competition that buy the trophy with diamonds. It is really not fair because the majority of derby players actually play the tasks by normal time it takes. Experience and strategy become a good honest advantage such as pre-stacking machines and pre-loading your town to get an advantage.

There are times that a team can jump way ahead by other means than diamonds. Although the task generation is said to be random, I really think at times it gets into a fluke where it puts out a repetition of advantageous 'fast' tasks for a team to advance quickly. Special derby like the blossom derby has a strategy glitch to be able to jump ahead fast.

It is unfair to have a diamond blower team in your competition because this is a global game and players from all walks of life play it. Spending loads of money on a video game is not an option for many folks.

Those teams who use diamonds profusely in derby should be matched up only with others that do the same. Since the system seems to be able to tell who they are then that should not be a problem organize.
    I personally would like to stay in the expert league since there is not such going on. But after a trophy win, the team is forced to play in the champion league.

Quote Originally Posted by 273nicole View Post
    Derby is boring. When a farm is in first place the first day with max points. It takes the fun out of it. Why not start a diamond league. The farms that use diamonds to play the derby. Have them compete against each other. It would give the diamond users more of a challenge. The farms that can’t or don’t use diamonds would have a challenge too.
    Happy Farming!
    The champion league IS the diamond league.

My neighbourhood is in top league, sometimes a few players use diamonds but it is personal choice. No-one is expected to use diamonds. We are currently in first place in this derby, not one of our members has used diamonds this week. Maybe we just got lucky this week.

We have been in Champions League since almost the beginning and we have no diamond usage requirement... you can win with or without diamonds.

extra task is optional and anyone who wishes to call boats, add extra slots, stack, prepare well, hire Tom, call trains, buy a pink scooter, speed up a machine, fill someone’s boat... with diamonds, is free to do so. It is all in game currency which anyone can earn or purchase.
    Farm 140
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    We have been in Champions League since almost the beginning and we have no diamond usage requirement... you can win with or without diamonds.

extra task is optional and anyone who wishes to call boats, add extra slots, stack, prepare well, hire Tom, call trains, buy a pink scooter, speed up a machine, fill someone’s boat... with diamonds, is free to do so. It is all in game currency which anyone can earn or purchase.
    That depends on how many are in your hood. For solo or very small hoods, your competition all buy the extra task (for diamonds). My hood has been in bottom 3 when we all do 320 point tasks but do not buy extra task. That's ok by me, as we end up in top 3 in lower hood and get prizes that way. Back up to champion and then back down again. Right now we are in 12th place (we were in 4h when we finished all our 320 tasks).

It is a choice not to use diamonds to buy extra task. Part of the game, and I am not complaining, just explaining. It is impossible to win in solo or very small hoods without buying that task. Large hoods can, and often do, win. All kinds of choices. Join larger hood, buy extra task, call boats etc.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    That depends on how many are in your hood. For solo or very small hoods, your competition all buy the extra task (for diamonds). My hood has been in bottom 3 when we all do 320 point tasks but do not buy extra task. That's ok by me, as we end up in top 3 in lower hood and get prizes that way. Back up to champion and then back down again. Right now we are in 12th place (we were in 4h when we finished all our 320 tasks).

It is a choice not to use diamonds to buy extra task. Part of the game, and I am not complaining, just explaining. It is impossible to win in solo or very small hoods without buying that task. Large hoods can, and often do, win. All kinds of choices. Join larger hood, buy extra task, call boats etc.
    We currently have 7 opted in, so I don’t know whether that is considered small or not.

We are sitting 5th, but A newer hoodie has only done 3 of 18 tasks, so we will miss the last horseshoe, but nobody is expected to take an extra and none of the other teams are perfect.

did the top 3 use diamonds to place? I have no idea and i don’t care.

Bottom line... the playing field is already level
    Farm 140

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    More and more derby players are complaining about this as they are becoming aware what is happening. The champion league is where it happens. Every week there seems to be at least one or two diamond blower teams injected into the competition that buy the trophy with diamonds. It is really not fair because the majority of derby players actually play the tasks by normal time it takes. Experience and strategy become a good honest advantage such as pre-stacking machines and pre-loading your town to get an advantage.

There are times that a team can jump way ahead by other means than diamonds. Although the task generation is said to be random, I really think at times it gets into a fluke where it puts out a repetition of advantageous 'fast' tasks for a team to advance quickly. Special derby like the blossom derby has a strategy glitch to be able to jump ahead fast.

It is unfair to have a diamond blower team in your competition because this is a global game and players from all walks of life play it. Spending loads of money on a video game is not an option for many folks.

Those teams who use diamonds profusely in derby should be matched up only with others that do the same. Since the system seems to be able to tell who they are then that should not be a problem organize.
    I personally would like to stay in the expert league since there is not such going on. But after a trophy win, the team is forced to play in the champion league.
    It is crushing to see they finish a power derby by Wednesday evening , yes ... But let's think about it : these guys spend real money to get more diamonds to speed up their game . In a way it's like allowing athletes to use doping and compete against clean ones . We lose the game ... but they lose real money . I understand game developers need in-app purchase features to support their activity and Supercell won't take decisions against those who pay and they shouldn't . If I can say one good thing about such desperate players is that sometimes I am glad they exist . Think about it for example during a global boat event . Target at 14.000.000
    boats . We fill 10 , maybe 12 - they fill tens of thousands . By using diamonds bought with their own money they help the global be successful and so we all get our final reward .