Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby idea! Level the playing field

Quote Originally Posted by Olympius View Post
    It is crushing to see they finish a power derby by Wednesday evening , yes ... But let's think about it : these guys spend real money to get more diamonds to speed up their game . In a way it's like allowing athletes to use doping and compete against clean ones . We lose the game ... but they lose real money . I understand game developers need in-app purchase features to support their activity and Supercell won't take decisions against those who pay and they shouldn't . If I can say one good thing about such desperate players is that sometimes I am glad they exist . Think about it for example during a global boat event . Target at 14.000.000
    boats . We fill 10 , maybe 12 - they fill tens of thousands . By using diamonds bought with their own money they help the global be successful and so we all get our final reward .

Think about it... you cannot tell the difference between those who PAY to win and those who PLAY to win

either way, buying and using diamonds is not cheating
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    Think about it... you cannot tell the difference between those who PAY to win and those who PLAY to win

^^^^^ THIS!

There was a time a couple of years ago when a NH was ‘accused’ of cheating, here on the forum. There was no name and shame, but they specifically described their particular derby experience on the 2nd or 3rd day of the derby. The post described how thousands of diamonds must have been used, and it wasn’t fair, etc, and that the NH in first place MUST be CHEATING.

The derby race was for NHs of 3 players. Most know that it is beneficial to be well prepared, stacked, etc. for small NHs to stay in the CL. This race that was described sounded oddly familiar. So, I looked at the competition in my own NHs race. Strangely, it WAS in fact our race that they were concerned with, and it was MY NH that was being accused of ‘cheating’. I was horrified, as nothing could have been further from the truth. We probably had not used any more than the 10 diamonds for the extra task. We do not use diamonds to refresh the board or speed production. We will use diamonds to call boats, but we try to avoid boat tasks. Personally, I spend no more diamonds than I earn in the week, through normal play.

We were then and still are always well prepared, we stack some, but not as much, we trash the board often and are picky about what tasks to keep. We also communicate, a lot.

Using diamonds is part of the game, whether it’s for decorations or slots on your machines, or the derby. It is not CHEATING! To suggest that there is a league where no diamonds can be used, is ludicrous.

I will say, that until I really understood the derby, I had a hard time figuring out how NHs could finish so quickly. Once I tried some of the strategies here on the forum it all became very clear.
    Level 156
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post

Sorry , buddy , maybe I can tell who PAYS to win . When a farm finishes 18 tasks in two days it's impossible to think they prepared many of them . Also - as I explained before with the boats global : try visiting one of the top contributors during such an event . Boat comes , gets filled ( not always easy boats , whatever barn / silo storage they have ) and then sent away . Wait five seconds - new boat arrives , gets filled , etc. I watched one play like that for few hours in different days of the event . Diamonds , diamonds , diamonds ....
    In my opinion it is cheating

Sorry , buddy , maybe I can tell who PAYS to win . When a farm finishes 18 tasks in two days it's impossible to think they prepared many of them . Also - as I explained before with the boats global : try visiting one of the top contributors during such an event . Boat comes , gets filled ( not always easy boats , whatever barn / silo storage they have ) and then sent away . Wait five seconds - new boat arrives , gets filled , etc. I watched one play like that for few hours in different days of the event . Diamonds , diamonds , diamonds ....
    In my opinion it is cheating
    In my opinion you are wrong. Wrong about cheating and wrong about paying to win. I would expect to finish a power derby within 24 hours doing 18 tasks, and yes we prepare a large number of tasks to make them quick to complete, and are good at trashing the board. Just because you don’t believe people do this doesn’t make you right. You’re not. In global events of course the top teams use diamonds to call boats, but no matter how many times you say it, this is not cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Minxville View Post
    In my opinion you are wrong. Wrong about cheating and wrong about paying to win. I would expect to finish a power derby within 24 hours doing 18 tasks, and yes we prepare a large number of tasks to make them quick to complete, and are good at trashing the board. Just because you don’t believe people do this doesn’t make you right. You’re not. In global events of course the top teams use diamonds to call boats, but no matter how many times you say it, this is not cheating.
    Listen ... in the real world - not the fantasy one you gamers live in - creating an organized competition and accepting money from one of the parties to ease their way to victory is called cheating . Or in legal terms : corruption . So there you have it : Supercell has created a corrupt environment and some of you bite the bait . Not sure if illegal since there is no real prize to the competition . Not my problem , I like the challenge of a hard game and I'll try to win through honest ways . I haven't really understood if you pay for diamonds but if you do answer this ( question for all that speed up with diamonds ) : are you having fun playing this way ? Just tap - tap - tap the diamond speed up button ? What thrill do you get from playing a game so easy to win ?

Listen ... in the real world - not the fantasy one you gamers live in - creating an organized competition and accepting money from one of the parties to ease their way to victory is called cheating . Or in legal terms : corruption . So there you have it : Supercell has created a corrupt environment and some of you bite the bait . Not sure if illegal since there is no real prize to the competition . Not my problem , I like the challenge of a hard game and I'll try to win through honest ways . I haven't really understood if you pay for diamonds but if you do answer this ( question for all that speed up with diamonds ) : are you having fun playing this way ? Just tap - tap - tap the diamond speed up button ? What thrill do you get from playing a game so easy to win ?
    But Hayday ISN’T the real world...it’s just a game! You seem to have real issues with how it works, so perhaps it’s something you should give up to reduce the stress in your life. If I buy diamonds, I expect to be able to use use them in a way which the game allows, and yes I have fun or I wouldn’t play the game at all.

Hay day IS a fantasy world, where the “organized competition” moves horses in a fantasy race, fuelled by cow milking, animal feeding and cake baking

all for pixelated, fantasy prizes

supercell has created a game where there are advantages and rewards for making in game purchases, but otherwise, FTP for anyone

i challenge you to find any game which is more generous

Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Quote Originally Posted by 273nicole View Post
    Derby is boring. When a farm is in first place the first day with max points. It takes the fun out of it. Why not start a diamond league. The farms that use diamonds to play the derby. Have them compete against each other. It would give the diamond users more of a challenge. The farms that can’t or don’t use diamonds would have a challenge too.
    Happy Farming!
    Imagine a diamond league with level playing field. ALL diamond dumpers. Thousands of dollars dumped... and they still get demoted every other week. So they stopped dumping the thousands of dollars every week. What a horror scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by VulcanforHayDay View Post
    The champion league IS the diamond league.
    No. Itís not

I have been playing for 5 years, solo for about 2.5 years...Iíve been in the CL most of that time and all of the time since I started playing solo bat the first few weeks where I went up a League each Week to reach the CL Other than the final task which I do pay for each week, I rarely spend diamonds on the Derby. Itís not worth it TO ME I plan and Ďworkí hard to get wins in the CL, without diamonds so itís quite offensive to be continually accused of buying my place.

People accuse others of Ďcheating/using diamondsí when they canít play effectively themselves - personally I donít care if people use loads of diamonds or not, but I choose not to.

I see both sides. Yes, using diamonds speeds things up.. Which is useful in a race essentially. I don’t see it as cheating though, it’s just how things go sometimes in the champions league. Perhaps an idea would be to have the option of NOT being promoted from expert to champions after winning a trophy. That might ease the frustrations of a lot of players.
    level 111. Boat: 157000~. Trucks in 1 day: 571. Max revenue 1 day: 1463629

GC: Ace-Se7en
    KIK: Acese7en