Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wall rings doesn't care about discounts with Gold Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Willolan View Post
    Wall rings doesn't care about discounts?
    Yes, this is correct.
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Quote Originally Posted by Willolan View Post
    I was waiting to get the 20% discount for buildings from my Gold Pass to use some wall rings I've been saving to upgrade lvl13 walls. As you know, they regularly cost 5M gold/elixir but with discount bonus they cost 4M.
    I remember each wall ring counts as 1M gold/elixir. But when I was going to use them, it still ask for 5 wall rings and not 4 as I expected. I thought it needed to update, then I reset game but still asked for 5 wall rings. I waited until today and same thing.
    So, is this how it should work or is it a bug? Wall rings doesn't care about discounts?
    They aren't the same as resources, even though they have a comparable value. If you go to the shop right now, you could get 5M gold for 50 league medals. Those same 50 medals could be used to purchase 10 wall rings, which would be more valuable if used in this manner since that's about 10M in gold normally. I get where you are coming from OP, but I don't feel the game needs an adjustment here. Wall rings are already a discounted way to use resources.

It's like when you are shopping (online or in person), and the store tells you that you can only use the "Buy One, Get One" coupon or the "20% off your entire order" coupon, but you can't combine them and use both at once.
    old headz - A place for adults to gather, chat, drink, and clash! Learn more about us at https://oldheadz.wordpress.com/

Find us in Clash: old headz (#2VVQVLCV). Adult clan for War and Clan Games.

Darian confirmed (don't remember where exactly) that wall rings are working as is intended.

BOYROMIO
    | Clan: Clan Clashers 1 | Lvl 15 |
    | TH12 Level 183 |
    | King lvl 60, Queen lvl 60, Warden lvl 30 |
    | Currently Working on Walls |

I’d just be happy with 20% of my money back, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtroll View Post
    I’d just be happy with 20% of my money back, lol
    you'll get nothing and like it
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    They aren’t specifically worth 1M of resources, though, it just often works out that way. As you said that is an estimated value. A wall ring is different than having 1 million gold to spend on walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by themariofan View Post
    I bolded the most important word of your post. It's an estimated value. One wall ring does not equal one million resources, it's just the logic they used to decide how many wall rings it takes to upgrade a wall.

It also only makes a difference on wall levels 10 and 13, and wall rings generally come in sets of 5 anyway.
    Sure. I'm also not necessarily arguing for a change because functionally it's small and so insignificant that it's near irrelevant as far as the grand picture of wall upgrading goes.

The point I was making is that wall rings =/= Books/Hammers. That's a bad comparison and, in turn, a bad basis for an argument.
    It wouldn't make sense if Books/Hammers saw some buyback due to the discount, given how we've always interpreted their function. It would make sense if it took less rings to upgrade discounted walls. I'm not saying whether it should or shouldn't, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Maybe a better example is: If we see two more wall levels next update (crazy, but keep it theoretical) and all walls saw some discount so prices could stay reasonable for those top two levels, we'd all expect it to take less rings to upgrade our current wall levels (assuming they were significantly cheaper).
    Compare that to the theoretical that we get 2 more archer tower levels and prices on current archer tower levels see a similar reduction. We wouldn't expect any functionality of books/hammers to change.

Edit: It is possible my interpretation of wall rings vs other magic items is seriously off target compared to the rest of the community, but I think my reasoning is rather sound. I am open to criticism if anyone understands them in a drastically different way.
    Last edited by ProjectThirteen; June 14th, 2019 at 06:29 PM.
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 50 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 20 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectThirteen View Post
    Sure. I'm also not necessarily arguing for a change because functionally it's small and so insignificant that it's near irrelevant as far as the grand picture of wall upgrading goes.

The point I was making is that wall rings =/= Books/Hammers. That's a bad comparison and, in turn, a bad basis for an argument.
    It wouldn't make sense if Books/Hammers saw some buyback due to the discount, given how we've always interpreted their function. It would make sense if it took less rings to upgrade discounted walls. I'm not saying whether it should or shouldn't, I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Maybe a better example is: If we see two more wall levels next update (crazy, but keep it theoretical) and all walls saw some discount so prices could stay reasonable for those top two levels, we'd all expect it to take less rings to upgrade our current wall levels (assuming they were significantly cheaper).
    Compare that to the theoretical that we get 2 more archer tower levels and prices on current archer tower levels see a similar reduction. We wouldn't expect any functionality of books/hammers to change.

Edit: It is possible my interpretation of wall rings vs other magic items is seriously off target compared to the rest of the community, but I think my reasoning is rather sound. I am open to criticism if anyone understands them in a drastically different way.
    We would expect them to reduce the ring price as well, but not because the rings are actually a proxy for resources. It'd be because they reduced the price of one method, so they would also reduce the price of the other.

Wall rings are definitely unique among magic items, and the logic of the prices can definitely create a bit of confusion with the perks.

Quote Originally Posted by themariofan View Post
    We would expect them to reduce the ring price as well, but not because the rings are actually a proxy for resources. It'd be because they reduced the price of one method, so they would also reduce the price of the other.
    So why do we see this specific example as different compared to the discount? (genuine question)
    | Clan: BEST IN 'BOAG | Rank: Co-Leader | Current League: Legends |
    | Level: 172 | Townhall 12 | King: 50 | Queen: 60 | Warden: 20 |
    | Gold Grab: 2.00B | Elixir Escapade: 2.00B | Heroic Heist: 13.10m | Friends in Need 109.01k |

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectThirteen View Post
    So why do we see this specific example as different compared to the discount? (genuine question)
    Because the wall rings aren't actually equivalent to resources. One million resources isn't actually the value of the wall ring, it's just "here's why the made the costs what they are." The perk discounts resources and time, and wall rings are neither.

Lopping the 5th ring off level 13 also makes them cost the same as a level 12 (which would be 4 at every perk level, which doesn't really make sense.

So if wall rings are affected by the 20% discount then shouldn’t builder potions. They should only provide 8hr of builder time so they complete the same percentage of the upgrade.

My point is is that the boost affects resource costs and time. While magic items can take the place of resources or time, they ARE NOT the same. Wall rings are still better value in the shop than resources and it does not affect gameplay much.