Page 112 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1164

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Questions on Season Challenges/Season Bank

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    There is a chance this has been covered in the previous 32 pages, if so my apologies.

This will make it tougher to fully max out interim TH levels. With the speed that earlier ages progress now, the lab is the biggest bottleneck for us early TH players. It’s quite easy to sit there with maxed buildings and walls while you’re working on lab troops and/or heroes.

This change will make it even even less appealing to max out the lab for every troop (which many could say is overkill anyway) as you will have builders doing nothing and not be earning season bank loot for when you do age up to the next TH level that you could use to make a good start on it.
    So, a feature then?

Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    So, a feature then?
    Depends. There is often a very “anti-rusher” vibe, with people willing to deride you for not having upgraded every single troop. And I don’t just mean the trolls on global chat, nut some of the sane and normal people. This is going to make getting 30/30 heroes at TH9 a lot less appealing for even more folk, I think. I’m not a fan of maxing every single troop in the lab fwiw.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH10 - LOJY8UUP9

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    I do understand what youíre trying to say but you have to admit that this is horribly complex and tough to understand and certainly not intuitive at all.

It really doesnít accomplish all that much because itís really not a big problem to begin with. Itís almost like trying to shoot a fly with a huge cannon.

Not every player will like how loot is spent in chucks and bits from here and there and restricted and theyd want choices. Because if you never empty your SB it means you lose out on loot.
    In the end it can even be worse for players in most cases.
    People stockpiling large amounts of free loot is a big problem, however, all Iím saying is that thereís a better way to do it.

My system is rather informative than restricting - we canít decide which weíre using at the moment - the season bank or the regular storages since itís all combined, and my system doesnít change anything about that - itís still combined. And Iím not suggesting players liking it or not, theyíll have to get used to the restriction nonetheless, but considering itís not different in any way from what weíre having now, except for the part that they can keep filling the next monthís season bank even on full storages, I donít know whatís there to dislike - players wonít stockpile large amounts of loot anyways.

Players are going to:

A) lose large amounts of loot if they donít attack and fill the next season bankís loot.
    B) lose large amounts of loot if they attack without spending the loot and fill their season banks in the process.

At least with my system, theyíll fill up the next season bankís loot even if they wonít be able to use it if theyíre maxed (preparation for update, OCD, activity, whatever ďchoiceĒ they make)

I fail to see how it can be worse for players in most cases.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    People stockpiling large amounts of free loot is a big problem
    Stockpiling large amounts of free loot leads to buying gems/books to free up builders. Is that a big problem? That's been a big part of supercell's money making strategy for the last 3 or so years.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1115
    People stockpiling large amounts of free loot is a big problem, however, all Iím saying is that thereís a better way to do it.

My system is rather informative than restricting - we canít decide which weíre using at the moment - the season bank or the regular storages since itís all combined, and my system doesnít change anything about that - itís still combined. And Iím not suggesting players liking it or not, theyíll have to get used to the restriction nonetheless, but considering itís not different in any way from what weíre having now, except for the part that they can keep filling the next monthís season bank even on full storages, I donít know whatís there to dislike - players wonít stockpile large amounts of loot anyways.

Players are going to:

A) lose large amounts of loot if they donít attack and fill the next season bankís loot.
    B) lose large amounts of loot if they attack without spending the loot and fill their season banks in the process.

At least with my system, theyíll fill up the next season bankís loot even if they wonít be able to use it if theyíre maxed (preparation for update, OCD, activity, whatever ďchoiceĒ they make)

Itís unnecessary complex and not intuitive. Players who just play the game wonít understand this system at all and this causes a huge amount of issues because people donít know what to expect or expect different things and get disappointed. And this causes a great deal of problems.

I fail to see why this is such a huge issue that it needs such a complex ďsolutionĒ.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1116
    Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    There is a chance this has been covered in the previous 32 pages, if so my apologies.

This will make it tougher to fully max out interim TH levels. With the speed that earlier ages progress now, the lab is the biggest bottleneck for us early TH players. Itís quite easy to sit there with maxed buildings and walls while youíre working on lab troops and/or heroes.

This change will make it even even less appealing to max out the lab for every troop (which many could say is overkill anyway) as you will have builders doing nothing and not be earning season bank loot for when you do age up to the next TH level that you could use to make a good start on it.
    Can you explain why this change exactly makes it harder to max the various TH levels ?
    I donít see the correlation.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

People stockpiling large amounts of free loot is a big problem, however, all I’m saying is that there’s a better way to do it.

My system is rather informative than restricting - we can’t decide which we’re using at the moment - the season bank or the regular storages since it’s all combined, and my system doesn’t change anything about that - it’s still combined. And I’m not suggesting players liking it or not, they’ll have to get used to the restriction nonetheless, but considering it’s not different in any way from what we’re having now, except for the part that they can keep filling the next month’s season bank even on full storages, I don’t know what’s there to dislike - players won’t stockpile large amounts of loot anyways.

Players are going to:

A) lose large amounts of loot if they don’t attack and fill the next season bank’s loot.

At least with my system, they’ll fill up the next season bank’s loot even if they won’t be able to use it if they’re maxed (preparation for update, OCD, activity, whatever “choice” they make)

I have to agree that logically yours is the most sound plan and one I'd personally love to see.

Consider that even if I'm able to eventually spend my Season Bank the entire time I'm raiding before I'm under the cap is lost time in which I can't begin to fill my SB for the next month.

What this means is that I'll have far less time than before in which to fill it and for some players they may not have the time in which to raid and fill it. This could easily be a huge turn off and lead to less players buying the Season Pass.

Level 18
    - 5,453/18,500| Master I
    BloodyIrishman - TH12 [Level 204] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by littledoctor View Post
    Stockpiling large amounts of free loot leads to buying gems/books to free up builders. Is that a big problem? That's been a big part of supercell's money making strategy for the last 3 or so years.
    Are we sure it leads to buying books or gemming builders? If you can stockpile it in Legends, where you can't lose it to raiding...there are probably plenty of farming folks who would just be happy to sit on all of it, use the occasional book in CG or gold pass, and just slowly drain their supply.

The last 3 years or so have never featured a scenario where you didn't have to worry about being raided for that loot, with the ability to save up hundreds of millions so easily (gold pass). Just imagine someone dumping a few hundred million into walls that need no books or gems (for example, imagine if you could save up hundreds of millions before this, and now this update comes out with a few mortars, but 50 walls, all just instantly upgraded).

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore1998 View Post
    Are we sure it leads to buying books or gemming builders? If you can stockpile it in Legends, where you can't lose it to raiding...there are probably plenty of farming folks who would just be happy to sit on all of it, use the occasional book in CG or gold pass, and just slowly drain their supply.

The last 3 years or so have never featured a scenario where you didn't have to worry about being raided for that loot, with the ability to save up hundreds of millions so easily (gold pass). Just imagine someone dumping a few hundred million into walls that need no books or gems (for example, imagine if you could save up hundreds of millions before this, and now this update comes out with a few mortars, but 50 walls, all just instantly upgraded).
    So for that scenario there is the very nicely documented feature of the caps ... because then SC wouldn't punish every player NOT in Legends for potentially gaining too much loot and people would have more incentive to keep on playing (more) actively, as MasterEdy and Bloody stated (again) just before this post

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    So for that scenario there is the very nicely documented feature of the caps ... because then SC wouldn't punish every player NOT in Legends for potentially gaining too much loot and people would have more incentive to keep on playing (more) actively, as MasterEdy and Bloody stated (again) just before this post
    Sometimes it's a lot better to just make the simple and straightforward fix to a problem, rather than invent needlessly convoluted solutions. If 100 people walk past a wall and 1 person bangs their head on it consistently, you just put a helmet on that 1 person, you don't need to reconstruct the wall out of softer material. Yes, the one person who bangs their head all the time may wish you'd reconstruct the wall so they aren't inconvenienced, but it's probably unnecessary when the solution works for the other 99 and costs relatively nothing compared to other solutions.