Page 171 of 193 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1927

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - Operation Blue Skies Update Video

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by zank44 View Post
    When you say recoup do you mean resources or trophies? If resources I’m sure you know that in legends league you won’t lose resources on defense. If trophies and you were content being in low legends before then I still don’t see much of a problem. If your attacks are enough to stay in legend you will. If not you will just move down to titan. But your resources will be no worse off.
    Attacking up to 3 people (du to time constrains) and potentially be attacked by up to 8 people is not pleasant and makes the enjoyment of this game inexistant..

I think, thanks to your previous clarification to one of my post, encompassed the foreseen issue in great details. If the decision makers (such as Darian) have not seen what we discussed, everything will have been in vain as the other minions have as much power as I have toward my wife... which is none.. haha

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyJester View Post
    Attacking up to 3 people (du to time constrains) and potentially be attacked by up to 8 people is not pleasant and makes the enjoyment of this game inexistant..

I think, thanks to your previous clarification to one of my post, encompassed the foreseen issue in great details. If the decision makers (such as Darian) have not seen what we discussed, everything will have been in vain as the other minions have as much power as I have toward my wife... which is none.. haha
    There is no solution that is going to meet everyone's play style. For you, its too many attacks. For others, not enough. Others it sound just right. Give it a couple of rounds. It might be that you let the feeding frenzy at the start of the month (just guessing here) subside and then find that low legends is populated with people that play like you. The people that will do 8 attacks every day should (in theory again) rise. Not dismissing your concerns but suggesting letting it play out a bit.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

[QUOTE=CrazyJester;12234112]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Originally Posted by zank44
    Yes 8 attacks at up to 3.5 minutes per attack, plus time logging in will be 30 minutes of actual in game time.

But from other posts CrazyJester is also talking about potential training time/hero regen. That added to the fact that he can only clash after work really starts to hamper things for him. So if he creates an army that matches hero regen he's looking at around 45 minutes between attacks.

45 minutes * 7 (first attack would have no wait time) = 315 minutes or 5.25 hours. If someone leaves work at 5 PM and say they get home at 5:30 on average that would put them at 10:45 or 11 each night. And that's keeping to a pretty strict schedule even though he's not actually in the game for longer than 30 minutes each day.

That's what CrazyJester is anticipating and per his lifestyle with family and kids staying up that late or keeping such a strict schedule seems undoable for him.

NOTE: This is what I tried to explain elsewhere... I also mentioned that during working hours I cannot access any electronic devices of any kinds as they are not allowed where I work... so, Blue Sky killed my chance to have fun with other max TH12. considering that I can be destroyed up to 8 times a day. I complain yes but I have proposed something: You are in Legend, building troops for an attack will be cut in half as well as the hero restoration..

Those who don’t understand this issue have their head so deep in ... the sand that it makes me cringe...
    honestly working as intended probably need some way to make maxed players buy gems it is a business after all :/.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    There is no solution that is going to meet everyone's play style. For you, its too many attacks. For others, not enough. Others it sound just right. Give it a couple of rounds. It might be that you let the feeding frenzy at the start of the month (just guessing here) subside and then find that low legends is populated with people that play like you. The people that will do 8 attacks every day should (in theory again) rise. Not dismissing your concerns but suggesting letting it play out a bit.
    The only workable option to ensure all players in Legend have an equal chance to compete is to reduce drastically the time to build troop and slashing the time of heroes regeneration... Imagine this construct with the League and clan wars? That will be it for my chance to be with the top.. Peace.

Attacking 8x a day effectively will just take around 1 hour or less to do so, more if you spend ineffective time by chatting and stand by the whole time. You can't attack consecutive times, as you need to wait for your army to be ready, especially your heroes. In case you're busy in a day, you can choose not to opt in at all (not attacking at all nor force a defence).

Let's say if you go to work from 9a.m. to 6p.m. At the morning (as you wake up), you can attack at least twice (when first wake up, then as you about to go to work). Then, as you go to your office, you can at least attack once before it started. Lunch time --- attack once or twice. Then, you just need to complete the remaining attacks at night, also preparing setups and cc for tomorrow. One more thing, every time you attack, don't forget to request cc and train your next army.

So, are you saying you prefer the old system? Old system is so much worse! You can spend up to 12 hours a day and at most can only get 3 targets to attack, and you'll also need to defend around twice a day (even with good shield management).

It'll take you more useless time by using the old system, and you can't enjoy the fun! If you have better ideas, propose it right now, as fixing clouds aren't an easy thing and it definitely has a drawback in some aspects.

Centennial Club
    [QUOTE=Moxnix;12234143]

honestly working as intended probably need some way to make maxed players buy gems it is a business after all :/.
    I get that and I am not opposed as salary needs to be paid, servers updated and so on... but that Blue Sky construct as it is proposed will kill those of us who will not be able to wait hours for troops to be built/heroes regeneration to be completed in order to do all the attacks. I will no longer get the gold pass (I don’t care about a virtual skin) .. I do it for the 1 gem donation; it his helpful.. but that will be something they won’t get anymore.. anywho.. Peace!

The only workable option to ensure all players in Legend have an equal chance to compete is to reduce drastically the time to build troop and slashing the time of heroes regeneration... Imagine this construct with the League and clan wars? That will be it for my chance to be with the top.. Peace.
    Ah. Good to know you already have it figured out how it will work in practice as opposed to speculation. As far as opportunity, every legend player will have the same 24 hours to attack. Just as now, every player that wants to go to legends can do so if they can handle clouds. I cannot. So be it.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPekka View Post
    Attacking 8x a day effectively will just take around 1 hour or less to do so, more if you spend ineffective time by chatting and stand by the whole time. You can't attack consecutive times, as you need to wait for your army to be ready, especially your heroes. In case you're busy in a day, you can choose not to opt in at all (not attacking at all nor force a defence).

Let's say if you go to work from 9a.m. to 6p.m. At the morning (as you wake up), you can attack at least twice (when first wake up, then as you about to go to work). Then, as you go to your office, you can at least attack once before it started. Lunch time --- attack once or twice. Then, you just need to complete the remaining attacks at night, also preparing setups and cc for tomorrow. One more thing, every time you attack, don't forget to request cc and train your next army.

So, are you saying you prefer the old system? Old system is so much worse! You can spend up to 12 hours a day and at most can only get 3 targets to attack, and you'll also need to defend around twice a day (even with good shield management).

It'll take you more useless time by using the old system, and you can't enjoy the fun! If you have better ideas, propose it right now, as fixing clouds aren't an easy thing and it definitely has a drawback in some aspects.
    I am afraid you don’t get it: 1 hours to do 8 attacks is impossible:
    - 1 line of ground troop with witches, healers, bowlers assortment of spells take ~ 1 hour to build / heroes regeneration close to an hour.
    - I explained in one tread that I cannot have electronics with me in my working area as they are forbidden (security related)
    - Family and life imposes certain restrictions; ~ 1 hours a day on Clash makes sense to us (if we needs hourS a day to be able to compete in clash of clans, there is a serious issue.

To be blunt, I rather live in the clouds as it means we are all on equal ground; I mean here, when I get home at night, clouds at 5200-5300 cups are manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird22x View Post
    Let me first start off by saying I am a maxed TH12 and have over 6 years into this game. Extremely passionate about a clouding/legend league fix and think this update is MUCH better than the current gameplay. That said:

My question is why was SC so against PvP to fix the clouds? The biggest complaint we now have is around the 8 attacks, and I would have to agree. Why try and find a # of attacks that works for everyone? That is impossible... This is still PvP in a sense but it's not immediate 1v1 to create an "illusion" of it somehow being drastically different from the BB. If you just went with a true PvP system, ppl attacking several times a day could still compete...

This OBS update is very disappointing in that the entire reason we got away from the current clouding system was to reward "skill" and not "time". I agree this is now much better than before, but it still does not solve this very problem. You are now saying that if i cannot attack 8 times a day 7 days a week for an entire month, without ever missing an attack unless i spend gems... I am not a legend and don't have what it takes to compete at this level? That's mind boggling.

This is a mobile game on my cell phone. EVERYONE should be able to have a shot at the top of the charts if they are a strong/max th12 and can lay down stellar raids. But no, this still caters to the player with the most TIME.

I strongly urge, actually BEG you to consider a system where we only need to take as many defenses as we do attacks, otherwise there is a very large player base that loves this game that cannot compete in Legends...

-a long time lurking, completely maxed TH12
    I am afraid you don’t get it: 1 hours to do 8 attacks is impossible:
    - 1 line of ground troop with witches, healers, bowlers assortment of spells take ~ 1 hour to build / heroes regeneration close to an hour.
    - I explained in one tread that I cannot have electronics with me in my working area as they are forbidden (security related)
    - Family and life imposes certain restrictions; ~ 1 hours a day on Clash makes sense to us (if we needs hourS a day to be able to compete in clash of clans, there is a serious issue.

To be blunt, I rather live in the clouds as it means we are all on equal ground; I mean here, when I get home at night, clouds at 5200-5300 cups are manageable.
    So.. stay in Titans then. I don't get your problem, you want to be the best but without playing? It's not probably to happen in any game, there's a place who met all your requeriments and it's called titan league or below.

Quote Originally Posted by jbird22x View Post
    Let me first start off by saying I am a maxed TH12 and have over 6 years into this game. Extremely passionate about a clouding/legend league fix and think this update is MUCH better than the current gameplay. That said:

My question is why was SC so against PvP to fix the clouds? The biggest complaint we now have is around the 8 attacks, and I would have to agree. Why try and find a # of attacks that works for everyone? That is impossible... This is still PvP in a sense but it's not immediate 1v1 to create an "illusion" of it somehow being drastically different from the BB. If you just went with a true PvP system, ppl attacking several times a day could still compete...

This OBS update is very disappointing in that the entire reason we got away from the current clouding system was to reward "skill" and not "time". I agree this is now much better than before, but it still does not solve this very problem. You are now saying that if i cannot attack 8 times a day 7 days a week for an entire month, without ever missing an attack unless i spend gems... I am not a legend and don't have what it takes to compete at this level? That's mind boggling.

This is a mobile game on my cell phone. EVERYONE should be able to have a shot at the top of the charts if they are a strong/max th12 and can lay down stellar raids. But no, this still caters to the player with the most TIME.

I strongly urge, actually BEG you to consider a system where we only need to take as many defenses as we do attacks, otherwise there is a very large player base that loves this game that cannot compete in Legends...

-a long time lurking, completely maxed TH12
    Myself and a few others advocated for some sort of a pvp system in the massive cloud thread. My idea was to have a separate pvp ladder in addition to the current multiplayer. However, any sort of pvp system was heavily criticized by many people.

The OBS is about as far away from pvp that you can get with pseudo pvp. It is still kind of pvp and will become very close to pvp at the highest levels where the same players face off often. The reason why OBS is pseudo pvp is that to fix clouds, you have to have a 1:1 attack to defense ratio- pvp. So why not pvp?

The simple answer is builder base. Builder base failed so hard with the community that everything about it was stigmatized. Even the good stuff like pvp became hated. This is why there was such blowback to any mention of pvp in the thread and why supercell had to create a perhaps worse solution. If they had come up with a pvp solution there would have been a riot.

As for your complaint about too many attacks, low legends will most likely be a more casual place where people miss attacks often. However, to compete at top legends, yes you have to have a decent time commitment. However, this is much better than before you either had to cloud for 20+ hours or account share to get to the top.