Page 51 of 193 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - Operation Blue Skies Update Video

Centennial Club

question: is opt-in legend league for a whole season?

If a player clicks on opt-in to attend legend league, is this for a whole season and cannot quit? How can a player earn enough resource to do upgrades if he opts in?

Second question, what if he does not click opt-in? Will he see white clouds as before?
    Last edited by rodneyzeng; June 13th, 2019 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshspown View Post
    How are the number of win / loss trophies determined in the new system?
    Is it possible to drop down in trophies in legend league without being stuck with 8 attacks per day? Or is it just a case of hitting 4900 and then dropping down again?
    Dont attack for 1 day. Take 8 defenses. U are now much lower in cups

Trainee
    Its intriguing, but here is my main concern... Im a big fan of CGs and Im also always needed to max out the available points so my clan can unlock all the tiers. The clouds are what has kept me from trophy climbing in the past because I could not find enough bases throughout the day to accomplish the different tasks. Especially the one hour tasks. Im afraid that only being able to do 8 attacks in a 24 hour period will still prohibit me from reaching the 4000 individual points typically offered in CGs.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by SHADYSTILLAFTERMATH View Post
    Wouldn't this be a bad update if you can only attack 8 times in legend league? What can we do when we run out of 8 attacks?

Your input is needed 珞
    Experience the outside world.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty777 View Post
    Using "2% in May" as a data point to set a number at 8 attacks doesn't seem very responsible.

I can attack 8 times a day, but I have eight 5 minute windows to get the attacks in. So I'm not going any where near Legend league in May.
    I don't need any loot because there is nothing to upgrade in May. So I'm not trying to attack 8 times a day.

The beauty of data is you can spin it any way you want.

98% of people that were still trying to tolerate Legends didn't attack 8 times a day because the clouds were terrible and there was nothing to upgrade.

That seems a lot more accurate than only 2% attacked 8 times a day. Same data
    I don't get 8 attacks per day on my main account in legends, but get more than that on my second account that I intentionally keep in low legends. Anyway, I also had a first impression that 8 attacks was too low, but Lach made a good point about how if you miss a day of attacking it would really ruin your season if that meant missing 20 attacks or some other very high number. I think 8 is a good balance (10 would've been too). I think loot might need to be adjusted to continue to encourage players to go to legends rather than farm in titans, but that should be an easy change for SC if it proves to be needed.
    Last edited by 2222; June 13th, 2019 at 02:30 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty777 View Post
    Using "2% in May" as a data point to set a number at 8 attacks doesn't seem very responsible.

I can attack 8 times a day, but I have eight 5 minute windows to get the attacks in. So I'm not going any where near Legend league in May.
    I don't need any loot because there is nothing to upgrade in May. So I'm not trying to attack 8 times a day.

The beauty of data is you can spin it any way you want.

98% of people that were still trying to tolerate Legends didn't attack 8 times a day because the clouds were terrible and there was nothing to upgrade.

That seems a lot more accurate than only 2% attacked 8 times a day. Same data
    Yes and you also ocult the fact that new legend is mostly actual 5500+ while old 5000-5500 are new Titan1.
    Legend isn't the place to be for old low legend anymore. And that's a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheConfuzed1 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a display of complete ignorance, or one of the most masterful plays on words to ever be posted on the forum.
    Either way, bravo!

This looks like a great solution! Thank you for listening to the community to get these ideas in game. I for one am very excited to try it out. Having 8 attacks per day as oppose to the 3-4 I'm use to will be nice. Without needing to protect loot in legends, looks like it's going to be full of war bases up here. Nice!

One more suggestion...since we can't next and pick a base of our choosing based on our current army, maybe have it like BH and pick your army based on the base you're given.
    Last edited by iamsoso; June 13th, 2019 at 02:38 PM.

Pro Member
    But you aren’t getting more than 8 Attacks a Day now!!!!!! And I don’t see it as “Limiting” but “Guaranteeing” which 98% of Clashers in Legends currently don’t get.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkpye View Post
    The 2% number seems quite accurate for what I have seen in the league tables... not normally more than 2 people getting over 250 attacks in in a month. Although I must say that limiting it to 8 attacks in a 24 hour period is pretty meh for farming, perhaps they could consider allowing players to continue attacking after 8 attacks but remove trophy gain at that point or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Jlaw757 View Post
    Its intriguing, but here is my main concern... Im a big fan of CGs and Im also always needed to max out the available points so my clan can unlock all the tiers. The clouds are what has kept me from trophy climbing in the past because I could not find enough bases throughout the day to accomplish the different tasks. Especially the one hour tasks. Im afraid that only being able to do 8 attacks in a 24 hour period will still prohibit me from reaching the 4000 individual points typically offered in CGs.
    I have the same concern. But there is builder hall for cg points. I dont know how i feel about 8 attacks. For me some days it may not be enough. Other days it may feel difficult to do them all.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I don't get 8 attacks per day on my main account in legends, but get more than that on my second account that I intentionally keep in low legends. Anyway, I also had a first impression that 8 attacks was too low, but Lach made a good point about how if you miss a day of attacking it would really ruin your season if that meant missing 20 attacks or some other very high number. I think the 8 is a good balance (10 would've been too). I think loot might need to be adjusted to continue to encourage players to go to legends rather than farm in titans, but that should be an easy change for SC if it proves to be needed.
    Yea 8 seems reasonable. 8 attacks x 30days would be 240 hits over the monthly season.

Legends would be determined by skill as long as you cannot buy more attacks (fingers crossed they don't add that)