Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: ClashCon??

  1. #21
    Forum All-Star Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    4,382
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Personally, I think they have a better handle on the economy than ever, we haven't seen a real drought of loot in a long time.

    Loot at the moment is pretty ridiculous in Titans because of all of the max players, I can't remember the last evening of play when I didn't see a base with 1.0+ of each and 9k happens all the time for dark.

    What happens when this update drops, I guess we wait and see...
    I agree. There might be a short loot drop after the update but doubt it will last long. It's weird though. I rushed my mini to 8. It's not so much that loot is a problem but upgrades take so little time. Seems like I start stuff and then come back and it's like, what, 5 builders available?
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  2. #22
    Forum All-Star MasterEdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Posts
    4,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Uhm I’m pretty sure the treasury was introduced with clan wars to hold war loot and that was well before the dec 15 update.

    Yes they did extend the one gem boost and sure later we got loot carts and star bonuses. However if you look at loot carts and star bonuses and the amounts don’t you think that it’s just a drop in the ocean really ? For star bonus to be significant you have to be in the higher leagues. In the lower it doesn’t really make that much of a dent especially if you consider that star bonuses have also been increased over time.

    Every major update causes a lot of things that combined lead to loot depressions. Especially updates that “mess” with the game system.
    First of all it drives activity, more players log in to check what’s new (less dead bases) and spend loot (less juicy bases) and pick up the game and start to play so more players are “withdrawing” loot from the giant loot bank which is the entire economy.
    And TH11 was such a major update with a new hero and it messed with the system etc etc.

    Currently when I set out raiding with my TH12 in Titan 2 it’s pretty easy to find 600k + each plus loaded on DE. Tonight in a boost session I easily found a 900k and over 1 million base each and simply didn’t hit the base if it had less then 600 each. When TH12 was newly released the first couple of months these loots were much much more scarce. New update and people spending loot all over the place caused loot to drop. But yes it isn’t that dramatic but it’s certainly noticeable.

    If you really look back then yes they did make smallish steps to help with the loot drought but for 90% they stuck to their guns knowing things would settle over time and that it needed just that, time. And for the most part it did.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Personally, I think they have a better handle on the economy than ever, we haven't seen a real drought of loot in a long time.

    Loot at the moment is pretty ridiculous in Titans because of all of the max players, I can't remember the last evening of play when I didn't see a base with 1.0+ of each and 9k happens all the time for dark.

    What happens when this update drops, I guess we wait and see...
    Oh, so it’s you two who constantly take 1M and 9k from me!!!

  3. #23
    Forum All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Clouds, for now
    Posts
    4,399
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Oh, so it’s you two who constantly take 1M and 9k from me!!!
    To be honest, I am nexting most bases like that, since I don't need the loot and would rather three star a worse base for the silly archer challenge I just started

  4. #24
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Rushing the Builder base
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWarden72 View Post
    You bring your theory too far man.
    Why they don't tell us the date of the update is because even themself don't know when exactly the update will come out. Who knows if they found a fatal bug? who knows if they got a technical problem?
    They will only tell us when update will come out when they ready to do drop it
    Yeah I will rather wait for another month or two for an update that doesnt require 10 additional bug fixes/security patches in the next month. Just look at games like Fallout 76, Anthem and others. These are an absolute disaster and to this very day I experience bugs, glitches and other stuff when I sometimes play them on XONE X. It aint easy to fix things up every time a big update is ready to be released. As I said, I will rather wait then to see CoC freezing, glitching or straight up closing itself.
    Last edited by Anium; 1 Week Ago at 05:53 AM.

  5. #25
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardKenway69 View Post
    Will SC is do another ClashCon?This Or next year??
    Definitely not this year. I think Darian have also said in other thread that organizing a clash con is not easy and expensive enough. Meanwhile, cwl is going on. Maybe next year we might see another clash con though. Let's just see...

  6. #26
    TullSadum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The Alps
    Posts
    3,767
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Personally, I think they have a better handle on the economy than ever, we haven't seen a real drought of loot in a long time.

    Loot at the moment is pretty ridiculous in Titans because of all of the max players, I can't remember the last evening of play when I didn't see a base with 1.0+ of each and 9k happens all the time for dark.

    What happens when this update drops, I guess we wait and see...
    when it gets to loot drought,
    the argument, that TH out actually helped the economy has been proven sooooo false by now.
    Anyone angry that Th out is no longer feasible has obviously not been around in game since then.
    IMO case closed.
    In hind sight, the dec 2015 update was one of the best moves ever, even if it didn‘t look like it then. Espescially when it comes to loot economy.
    Yes, most of us were shocked by one or other of the revelations, anyone then not yet at Th10 might have been a bit afraid of what the Eagle Artillery would do to the game, and there were more of those around than otherwise, maybe that was the reason the revelation didn‘t get standing ovations at Clash Con and the fact that the real update came months later with expectations being drawn out....
    All things of the past, and no reason to still be upset.

    In all honesty, all the ranting was for tnothing, the game wasn‘t broken, loot drought was overcome, attacking has become more versatile, and the game experience is better than ever.

    Have Fun
    TS
    Last edited by TullSadum; 1 Week Ago at 08:14 AM.


    high end TH12, lvl 211 60/60/30
    2014 Review-Video , Free download, printable stats booklet
    .

  7. #27
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Straya
    Posts
    622
    They should do a clashcon and host the grand final for the cwl comp then

  8. #28
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,712
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Uhm I’m pretty sure the treasury was introduced with clan wars to hold war loot and that was well before the dec 15 update.

    Yes they did extend the one gem boost and sure later we got loot carts and star bonuses. However if you look at loot carts and star bonuses and the amounts don’t you think that it’s just a drop in the ocean really ? For star bonus to be significant you have to be in the higher leagues. In the lower it doesn’t really make that much of a dent especially if you consider that star bonuses have also been increased over time.

    Every major update causes a lot of things that combined lead to loot depressions. Especially updates that “mess” with the game system.
    First of all it drives activity, more players log in to check what’s new (less dead bases) and spend loot (less juicy bases) and pick up the game and start to play so more players are “withdrawing” loot from the giant loot bank which is the entire economy.
    And TH11 was such a major update with a new hero and it messed with the system etc etc.

    Currently when I set out raiding with my TH12 in Titan 2 it’s pretty easy to find 600k + each plus loaded on DE. Tonight in a boost session I easily found a 900k and over 1 million base each and simply didn’t hit the base if it had less then 600 each. When TH12 was newly released the first couple of months these loots were much much more scarce. New update and people spending loot all over the place caused loot to drop. But yes it isn’t that dramatic but it’s certainly noticeable.

    If you really look back then yes they did make smallish steps to help with the loot drought but for 90% they stuck to their guns knowing things would settle over time and that it needed just that, time. And for the most part it did.
    I understand your role on this forum as SC staff, but my post wasn’t knocking the update, it was just the fact that on release it was a debacle and the 1 gem boost was extended for weeks and a further rushed update came out about 3 weeks later to fix the economy. that has never happened before or since. Yes it is a drop in the ocean but you’re looking at it with your 2019 glasses on, I’m looking at it from the point of view of a player in Dec/Jan 2015.

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-Loot-Cart
    Quote Originally Posted by kajid View Post
    Loot difficulty has gone up again today by 2.5% Why do they keep increasing the loot difficulty this makes the game not worth playing and before you all say there is more inactive bases and less active players it still shouldn't be a 2.5% increase in difficulty.

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cruising
    Posts
    10,942
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    Oh, so it’s you two who constantly take 1M and 9k from me!!!
    Hahaha! Thank you for offering that loot! I still have plenty of walls left as I was never in a hurry to run out of stuff to do.

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilISuppose View Post
    Personally, I think they have a better handle on the economy than ever, we haven't seen a real drought of loot in a long time.

    Loot at the moment is pretty ridiculous in Titans because of all of the max players, I can't remember the last evening of play when I didn't see a base with 1.0+ of each and 9k happens all the time for dark.

    What happens when this update drops, I guess we wait and see...
    Yes they certainly do have a better handle on the economy and the first major steps towards that were made with that very same dec 15 update because without it we could never be where we are today.

    Now loots are very rich and overflowing in Titan 2 and up. But after the update it’s bound to drop and tons of loot gets spent and booked and more is spent and more is raided etc. however with league and star bonus you can still build loot up but those 1 mil raids will be extremely rare again. It will take a while for people to farm the heroes again and the additional wall pieces etc. DE per raid will on overage be lower then it is now. So people used to seeing the loots they see now do need to adjust a little. But people will be able to progress and over time it will settle. And this is something we pretty much see every update when there’s a lot of stuff to farm.


    Quote Originally Posted by TullSadum View Post
    when it gets to loot drought,
    the argument, that TH out actually helped the economy has been proven sooooo false by now.
    Anyone angry that Th out is no longer feasible has obviously not been around in game since then.
    IMO case closed.
    In hind sight, the dec 2015 update was one of the best moves ever, even if it didn‘t look like it then. Espescially when it comes to loot economy.
    Yes, most of us were shocked by one or other of the revelations, anyone then not yet at Th10 might have been a bit afraid of what the Eagle Artillery would do to the game, and there were more of those around than otherwise, maybe that was the reason the revelation didn‘t get standing ovations at Clash Con and the fact that the real update came months later with expectations being drawn out....
    All things of the past, and no reason to still be upset.

    In all honesty, all the ranting was for tnothing, the game wasn‘t broken, loot drought was overcome, attacking has become more versatile, and the game experience is better than ever.

    Have Fun
    TS
    Exactly, and this state the game is in now which I also think is better then ever wouldn’t have been possible without that very controversial update. Oh boy I don’t want to think about it if I was just sniping Town halls these last almost 4 years to accumulate bonus. Yuk how boring.

    And of course we had to wait and see about the eagle artillery but when infernos were introduced everyone was super afraid of the, and they were horribly OP (they weren’t but people needed to learn how to tackle them) and keep in mind upon first introduction the only setting they had was single (multi came later).

    If they had introduced stuff like books and training potions it would’ve been horrible without that update because the loot complaints would be much worse. So yea a lot of good loot was hiding behind free shields all the time. They sure got something right in that update.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Cruising
    Posts
    10,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Rst View Post
    I understand your role on this forum as SC staff, but my post wasn’t knocking the update, it was just the fact that on release it was a debacle and the 1 gem boost was extended for weeks and a further rushed update came out about 3 weeks later to fix the economy. that has never happened before or since. Yes it is a drop in the ocean but you’re looking at it with your 2019 glasses on, I’m looking at it from the point of view of a player in Dec/Jan 2015.

    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-and-Loot-Cart
    Im just a player as well though, and I didn’t say you were knocking that update but I was merely explaining and elaborating.
    I remember that update all too well both as a player and a moderator, yet I did believe in it from day one even though I was critical about some aspects I approached it with a let’s wait and see. And not too long after that the update I was convinced it was good but just needed a few tweaks here and there. Nevertheless they did get it right and it did need time to settle as we said at that time as well because the tweaks made were pretty minor compared to the complaints. So all in all for the most part they stuck to their guns and held tough and just waited out the storm.

    The debacle on release was something that I think was pretty impossible to prevent. Or I should rephrase I don’t know how it could’ve been prevented. The debacle was caused by a whole lot of people screaming very very loudly when a good portion of it was clear that people didn’t have a clue and couldn't picture it.
    That update changed pretty much the backbone of the game and every fiber of it. It’s natural for people to be at least concerned. Furthermore with all the changes to shields, village guard, leagues, trophy offers etc etc it was a helluva lot to digest and understand it took us a while to fully grasp. It’s one of those things that if you see it in game it’s super easy but kind of hard to understand just on paper reading about it. So I can certainly understand where all the waves came from but kinda hard to prevent.


    The link takes me to the star bonus and loot cart introduction however when clan wars was introduced we got the treasury and the spoils of war achievement (which was later renamed) but it is the achievement where you need to collect gold from the treasury. Let me dig up the link...

    Found it:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...sion-6-56-1%29
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; 1 Week Ago at 10:57 AM.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •