Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hay Day Dairy News: All About The Details!

Quote Originally Posted by milomilomilo View Post
    Is there a target date for this update? A friend told me he saw something on Facebook about Monday 24 June. Is that accurate or just somebody's guess?
    It’s a guess, but one many of us are making as that’s the Birthday week, BUT IF THAT WAS going to be the ups fate week I’d expect to have seen some sneak peeks by now, so essentially ‘who knows’?? and ‘it’ll happen when it happens’

I keep muttering ‘patience grasshopper’...
    Last edited by SmallChange; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milomilomilo View Post
    Is there a target date for this update? A friend told me he saw something on Facebook about Monday 24 June. Is that accurate or just somebody's guess?
    Probably a guess. However, that is within a couple of days of the traditional Hay Day birthday. My guess is that the team has been hoping to be ready to release the update around that time. The summer update has always been released in conjunction with the birthday festivities or slightly later—within a week. Mondays are the usual release day for updates because it is the day between Derbies. I think a lot of us are expecting (and hoping) to see whatever passes for sneak peeks VERY soon. If none appear in the next couple of days, the update is probably not as ready—and glitch free —as the team was anticipating it would be by this date.

I’m not a twitter user, but I did follow the link in the in-game news to the twitter account, and today’s post from Helsinki shows the animals watching a curtain with a caption something like “coming soon...” I don’t think any of us are holding our breath, just feeling quietly optimisticic that our l-o-n-g wait is going to be over.

EDIT: ditto SmallChange! You posted while I was writing.
    Last edited by MiniGardener; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:54 PM.

Farm Level 123 | Town 40 | Achievements 141/144

As much as I am hoping the update comes this Monday, I also want it to wait another week. I’m going on vacation and won’t have as much time to play if it’s released on Monday.

The June 24 date is circulating because last years update was the same week - and the birthday event was then too. Sneak peeks were from, I think, Thursday to Sunday.

So we will either see something tomorrow, as today’s twitter feed hints....or we won’t.

I for one strongly hope they take as much time as they need because big updates usually mean big fails.
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 151, town 53
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

I do have a problem with us not receiving the permits regularly. First I don't like that there is anything over and above the regular three expansion materials. It makes things extra hard. When the extra land came out I was dealing with a device issue and so by the time I got back in the game they had pretty much dried up. Now my board is all wonky and trees obscuring the space I have managed to open and there's not a damn thing I can do about it except wait for the scrolls to be gifted to me by the gods or pay for them by chancing diamonds at the wheel? Its a really crappy way to treat your customers.

Let me point out that the last time you needed an extra item to expand things was the town and they are still gifting maps left and right in regular gameplay such as town bonuses. We can also buy and sell them from each other to benefit the people who are still catching up.

A little consistency here???

I'm derbied out too. But I do find that having the derby along with events gives me a direction for my gameplay. In other words having a special task to work on gave me a priority ...which crops to grow, which products to make, which customers to serve. I also like that I can choose something usually that suits my playing style esp when the derby task jives up with an event.

I do not like the competitive nature of the derby. It has caused quite a bit of friction in my neighborhood. As leader of a mostly full group it can be hard to manage derby related tensions. My group is specifically NOT overly derby centric but we stay in the top two tiers of competition and that's fine with me.

I am very happy that players can opt in and out as they like without affecting their neighborhood stats. In fact opting out when you aren't feeling it actually helps your group by not punishing them for you taking a break. In faaaaaact it seems to me that by some people opting out as a strategic measure then actively helping the derby players with their tasks....they might be helping a lot more than if everyone had tasks going on. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Lethia View Post
    I'm derbied out too. But I do find that having the derby along with events gives me a direction for my gameplay. In other words having a special task to work on gave me a priority ...which crops to grow, which products to make, which customers to serve. I also like that I can choose something usually that suits my playing style esp when the derby task jives up with an event.

I do not like the competitive nature of the derby. It has caused quite a bit of friction in my neighborhood. As leader of a mostly full group it can be hard to manage derby related tensions. My group is specifically NOT overly derby centric but we stay in the top two tiers of competition and that's fine with me.

I am very happy that players can opt in and out as they like without affecting their neighborhood stats. In fact opting out when you aren't feeling it actually helps your group by not punishing them for you taking a break. In faaaaaact it seems to me that by some people opting out as a strategic measure then actively helping the derby players with their tasks....they might be helping a lot more than if everyone had tasks going on. What do you guys think?

You are correct, and I wish some half hearted players in our neighborhood would do that. Instead it is often pulling teeth over the weekend to get them to finish tasks. Everyone would be happier if they would just opt out when they are going to have a rough week.

Lethia, what is the name of your hood and is there a spot available?