Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Can equal percentage game count as both sides win in VESUS battle

Highlander | KarlsruheUnited #2VR2CRCQ | TH 12 | BK 50 | AQ 50 | GW 20 | BH 8 | BM 25

Just don't hold it that way. (Steve Jobs)
    Just play the game like it was intended to be played. (Supercell)
    Ceterum censeo navem deurendam.

Fresh Spawn
    Guys, please read my post carefully, no one can just stand and do nothing in the battle to win the game. It has 2 conditions required to win.
    Last edited by bluesz; 6 Days Ago at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesz View Post
    Sorry I am not 100% understood your comments. But I am so curiously to know how can you 3-stars other TH8 with mindless night witch? The battle machine will be killed quickly in TH8 compare to TH7/6, and then witch will expose to defenses directly. Most of time you can only get one star or 0 star in TH8 vesus battles.

As far as I know mindless witch no more useful in TH8. I really can't believe you are using witch to finish your daily 3 stars task.
    1) i don't care about bb except for gems and gearing up things in the mv

so

2) i am under 3k trophies

and

3) have an underdeveloped base with defenses upgraded enough to gear up their counterpart in the mv

however

4) I maxed my witches and have my battle mech 10+

so

5) i put my battle mech in the corner closest to the air bomb (barrels with balloons) or if base is in a corner, the opposite corner. I put it on tile right by the fringe since bombs can't be placed on the fringe anyway. i activate the ability immediately so the timer is ticking off and i get double power hits activating it after it reaches the base. it clears the bombs between witches and the base

6) I spam drop witches a few seconds later in the very back corner of the fringe. the spawned bats reach the base before the battle mech and clear the outer trash and defenses

7) watch the timer on the battle mech and tap it every time it lights up again

low trophies and underdeveloped bases...

100%-100% tie more often than not

not everyone plays "gotta max everything" game

just saying
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; 6 Days Ago at 09:13 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesz View Post
    The 3 stars tie is not often happened in TH8. But it's so often in TH6 and TH7, after giant cannon has no more extra damage on battle machine.

This is NOTHING related to silly base, if your troop, e.g. witch is LV14. You can ask other players in your clan has same problem or not, before you made above conclusion!
    Instead of making both players win, why not make both lose the trophies? Tie means no one wins, Supercell is good enough to at least not deduct your trophies.

This is the important part, where you need to ensure that you got high enough percentage with at least 2 stars to encourage you to win, not just by getting whatever damage you could get and possibly tying with your opponent.

This means you also need to take a look at your base design, especially at Bh6 and 7 which you said that bases can quite be easily three starred. It might not be a silly base, but at least you would try to improve and be encourage to upgrade your defences, not just upgrading your troops and 3 starring each other.

I just wish that time was the tiebreaker.

1) If I get the same stars and % as the other player, but do it faster, didn't I exhibit more skill?
    2) A bit of incentive for people to do attacks that are faster. (At the end of the day stars and % are king and queen, so all strategies are still viable, but maybe attacks that use the full 3 minutes are a little less attractive?)

This is along the lines of how % became the tiebreaker for wars. Stars are still what matters most, but it's nice to have something that makes ties a lot less likely.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    I asked my Hairdresser for a Donald Trump...she gave me a tremendous hair cut and had me deported.
    This was far more of an issue in the early days. Now many have maxed Halls and defences a 100% tie is almost unheard of in my experience as defence is stronger than offence. As the bases grow in size the chances of ties reduces and I really don't think it is a nut that needs a sledgehammer.

Quote Originally Posted by llams28 View Post

1) If I get the same stars and % as the other player, but do it faster, didn't I exhibit more skill?
    2) A bit of incentive for people to do attacks that are faster. (At the end of the day stars and % are king and queen, so all strategies are still viable, but maybe attacks that use the full 3 minutes are a little less attractive?)

This is along the lines of how % became the tiebreaker for wars. Stars are still what matters most, but it's nice to have something that makes ties a lot less likely.
    I would like this as I am usually the faster one ;-)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by llams28 View Post

Time is definitely a value, but by giving the win to the fastes player, this will encourage more spams, instead if an actual strategy. You need to compete getting the highest stars and destruction, not the fastest attacker.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    1) i don't care about bb except for gems and gearing up things in the mv

so

2) i am under 3k trophies

and

3) have an underdeveloped base with defenses upgraded enough to gear up their counterpart in the mv

however

4) I maxed my witches and have my battle mech 10+

so

5) i put my battle mech in the corner closest to the air bomb (barrels with balloons) or if base is in a corner, the opposite corner. I put it on tile right by the fringe since bombs can't be placed on the fringe anyway. i activate the ability immediately so the timer is ticking off and i get double power hits activating it after it reaches the base. it clears the bombs between witches and the base

6) I spam drop witches a few seconds later in the very back corner of the fringe. the spawned bats reach the base before the battle mech and clear the outer trash and defenses

7) watch the timer on the battle mech and tap it every time it lights up again

low trophies and underdeveloped bases...

100%-100% tie more often than not

not everyone plays "gotta max everything" game

just saying
    I am using the similar rules as you are using when I am TH6/7. But it will be useless in normal TH8. Most of time you will fail in the battle.

My trophy is about 3400, not high at all, but I am sure pure night witch does not work any more in this LV of trophy. The defenses are so powerful to kill battle machine quickly if not SILLY bases.

Centennial Club R3stl3SSW4rr1or's Avatar
    Funny how ideas these days work.

It's like: I don't wanna play this part of the game as it's meant to be. Please Supercell change the rules that it's easy for me, too.
    Last edited by R3stl3SSW4rr1or; 6 Days Ago at 09:19 AM.