Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Why so many clasher not playing Builder Base

It is and always has been my position that it is a different game that was (very cleverly) linked to the main game to overtly cause people to play it. (Force if you want to call it that, I didn't, yet.) It was and is extra grind that many just don't want. It was a massive drain on dev time to the main village, and still is. I immediately stopped playing two accounts when the base was introduced. They, of course, still have the wreck upon their shores. I plague infested scooner that killed them dead. The list of complaints is well known and simply dismissed by most. I do not feel the need to type the out. Do I log in and play it on my main account. Reluctantly, to keep it up to date. Sadly, I only log into my one remaining account once or twice a week now. It will surely be gone soon. There just isn't any joy and doesn't look to be returning.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.
    Builder base, a village so bad even it's builder wants to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    At some point, you have to ask yourself the question: does it matter what I feel?

Yes it does.
    Can SuperCell remove the Builder Base at this point? NO.

Technically yes, it's their game, so they can make a choice, but it isn't very economical at this point.

Can the Builder Base be improved? YES.

Will they remove it? NO.

That depends on how many fan bois continue to fund it. The Gold Pass itself is a huge revenue to SC, so BB is definitely safe for now.

Does a few forum members anecdotal evidence about the popularity of Builder Base matter? NO.

No one has solid data other than SC on Builder Base activity, but even they cannot tell from this data whether players are actually enjoying the game or just grinding it grudgingly. If the Builder Base splits from the main village and be a game on its own, then that will be concrete data of the popularity of the game. Doubt it will happen though (it will most likely kill BB).

In conclusion, it doesn't matter what you feel about the Builder Base.

If it was removed, it would be the equivalent of destroying the business that the game is, because there ARE people who enjoy the Builder Base, and a sufficiently large number of these people would turn their back on the game entirely. They are also the group of people who are part of a steady revenue stream that, like it or not, flow from the Builder Base.

So, it is a waste of time, to be expressing ones dislike of a specific part of the game, because you do not have any influence with SuperCell anyway.

This is the part that I dislike the most. SC has expressed numerous times that they do consider player feedback seriously, and countless of changes / improvements have been made to the game due to this. To tell others that they do not have any influence with SC is as good as saying this forum is completely useless, it should be shut down. Of course, I'm referring to those that posts constructive criticism, not the whiny kind.

Maybe the Builder Base isn't as popular as it could be, but.. It's still making money, of that, I'm pretty sure.
    /#notenjoyingBB

Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    It is and always has been my position that it is a different game that was (very cleverly) linked to the main game to overtly cause people to play it. (Force if you want to call it that, I didn't, yet.) It was and is extra grind that many just don't want. It was a massive drain on dev time to the main village, and still is. I immediately stopped playing two accounts when the base was introduced. They, of course, still have the wreck upon their shores. I plague infested scooner that killed them dead. The list of complaints is well known and simply dismissed by most. I do not feel the need to type the out. Do I log in and play it on my main account. Reluctantly, to keep it up to date. Sadly, I only log into my one remaining account once or twice a week now. It will surely be gone soon. There just isn't any joy and doesn't look to be returning.
    It sounds like it is time for you to move on. It's a game and supposed to be fun. If it is not for you, dump it. Hope you find another that works for you. Make sure you leave your base in the most pain in the rear troll base you can. And get a chuckle from time to time thinking about the clashers that dropped in fat, dumb and happy to crash.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Does a few forum members anecdotal evidence about the popularity of Builder Base matter? NO.

No one has solid data other than SC on Builder Base activity, but even they cannot tell from this data whether players are actually enjoying the game or just grinding it grudgingly. If the Builder Base splits from the main village and be a game on its own, then that will be concrete data of the popularity of the game. Doubt it will happen though (it will most likely kill BB).

#notenjoyingBB
    This is exactly right. BB would die of a sudden heart attack if it were split from the main village and forced to survive on its own.
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Quote Originally Posted by Himewad View Post
    Yeah, but the problem is that I really enjoy the real game. The main village. So when BB was released, even though it would supposedly not be tied to the main village in any meaningful way (other than the questionable value of gear-ups), I knew - I just KNEW - that it would matter someday. And I was correct. Thatís why I play it, begrudgingly. There are a ton of players out there who feel exactly as I do. I get comments telling me so, and in-game comments, as well. Itís just not as universally liked as SC would lead you to believe.
    Aw heck. Universally liked? Nope. Universally hated. Nope. I like it. Don't love it. I'm also the same way about war leagues. Nice rewards but a pain in my rear trying to get everyone 8 stars and win wars. I could run a really nice lineup to push us up. And annoy the heck out of our very good 10s. Most people, who are normal unlike us forumites , treat them the same. Do it as you can. I really think you could have done just fine without playing bh. Even now. The only thing you can't compensate for is a builder hut on your main. I've seen posts I agree with about not allowing it on a war base. Having a 6th builder would help but you can always gem if being the firstest with the mostest is important. To me, the bottom line is to not let a game dictate to you. I let one almost take over my life. Had great friends there. Led great groups. And one day woke up. Cast two equivalent of th12 bases into the void. If coc ever feels the same to me, I'll do it again. Don't let a game make decisions for you.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

TBH, I may drop the lot of it. They added a ton of content that really extended the time investment, then they reduced the times on everything and added devices to speed things up. The game hit a decent pace AND...then they added things that jacked the time up again and reduced the time impact of the things that speeded things up! In the end, we’re right back where we started in the big scheme of things. It was a brilliant piece of math wizardry - whoever plotted it out did a smashing job of it. I’m looking for a game I can sit down and play for hours, not one that I play for ten or fifteen minutes then put back down for an hour or two, come back for ten or fifteen minutes, put down for an hour or two.... I suppose if casual play is your thing, then maybe, but I dunno if it’s for me.

Might be time to go back to consoling....
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    And yet another one who completely, totally, and utterly missed the point of the message.

And, BTW, your assessment above is also inaccurate, just like most of everything else you use to support your dislike of the game.

Next we’ll be talking about the faked moon landing, JFK assassination, Bigfoot, UFOs, Area 51, pizzagate....
    U can't handle a simple topic, don't know how will you talk about moon landings.

Quote Originally Posted by Himewad View Post
    His “stats” can’t prove the popularity of the BB, unfortunately. Only the quantity of people who do something in the BB. My main argument, and one that apparently is incredibly difficult for some people to comprehend, is that popularity cannot be judged by looking at these player numbers. It’s much more subjective than an objective player count.
    I understand what you are saying and that's why I asked him to relate those so called stats with player satisfaction as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesHowlet View Post
    Because this ^ doesn't make any sense. You want something given to you because you don't want to work for it, bottom line.
    Bottom line... I wanna work for it against my will but not as much.

I don't like eating cabbage still I am willing to bcoz doc said its good for health but it doesn't mean that I have to 5 kg everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    It's very difficult to get the Barbarian King .. It's very difficult to get the Archer Queen .. It's very difficult to max them and then suddenly you have to max the Warden too. These Heroes were much more difficult to max a few years ago, than they are now.

The conditions for the heroes on the main base is resources, but you really can't max them without a certain level of progression.

It IS difficult to get OTTO, it takes a lot of playing on Builder Base and it may require a few Books to get the GearUp's done. If you really play the Builder Base, you know that the Master Builder really can't be away for more than a few days. 14 days is out of the question .. if you really play the Builder Base. If you don't you don't care, other than .. it'll take you a bit longer to get OTTO.

Builder Base playing F2P players, that have been consistent, have been maxed for 6-8 months. Even these players will have to spend a few Hammers, some Books and some Runes to be able to get OTTO fast .. it's not meant to be easy.

I think, that it's too early to ask for the OTTO conditions to be reduced, but, you never know with the "bait and switch" .. the hammers and books early movers have spent might have been for nothing in a week or two .. or it may be a couple of years before the conditions are changed.

For now, if you want to progress in any part of the game; ATTACK and ATTACK again and a lot. (consistently)

/Affront
    Attack, attack, attack!!!
    I can't agree with you. The strategy of constant attacking is helpful in main village. More you attack more you get the loot. However in bb, there is limit of 3 loot attacks per day. Also there is a limit on amount of loot itself. Even if you get the loot everyday, You have to wait for 4 days to get the amount of resources u need. Where as in mv, I just grind for 2-3 hours and may b use training potions and there will be everything I need.