Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 100

Thread: Why so many clasher not playing Builder Base

  1. #21
    Forum Champion Phoenix1027's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    The Land
    Posts
    5,434
    Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    Playing and enjoying are two completely different things. Some play just to keep current "just in case something important comes along".
    The journey sucks, the destination was to stay current.
    And while that may be true for you it certainly isn't an opinion shared by everyone. There are those that genuinely enjoy the builder base. As a casual builder base player the journey doesn't bug me one bit because I have the main village to play more intensely. I get my 3 wins and if I can start an upgrade then I will. If I can't, then that's fine because I'll just play the main village and come back to builder base tomorrow to get my 3 wins again and hopefully have enough to start an upgrade. Rinse, repeat.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 44 | AQ 45 | GW 16 |

  2. #22
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    1,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    And while that may be true for you it certainly isn't an opinion shared by everyone. There are those that genuinely enjoy the builder base. As a casual builder base player the journey doesn't bug me one bit because I have the main village to play more intensely. I get my 3 wins and if I can start an upgrade then I will. If I can't, then that's fine because I'll just play the main village and come back to builder base tomorrow to get my 3 wins again and hopefully have enough to start an upgrade. Rinse, repeat.
    Fair assessment. I've maxed my main & spam my daily star for the pass, but that's how I approach my alts.

    Log in to account > hit BB > attack in MV > hit BB again > request troops > log out. The only variation is when I don't need a win for loot.

  3. #23
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Water Seems Safe
    Posts
    8,582
    I’ve had a love hate relationship with builder base at time. Overall I’ve enjoyed the builder base but once I maxed out BH8 I didn’t really have a desire to play. With the introduction of BH9 and the incentive to complete OTTO I suspect I will be enjoying BH9 in the short term at least.
    Villains United #9UJLRUVU - L10 Clan - Friday Wars - Always looking for TH6+ looking to do clan games. War is optional but if you're green we expect 2 attacks.

  4. #24
    Forum Hero Noctaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by Klavious View Post
    I’ve had a love hate relationship with builder base at time. Overall I’ve enjoyed the builder base but once I maxed out BH8 I didn’t really have a desire to play. With the introduction of BH9 and the incentive to complete OTTO I suspect I will be enjoying BH9 in the short term at least.
    I think that’s how it’s been for a lot of us. I all but stopped playing the BB months ago; there was no point in playing it. I was maxed, the toughest of the competitors were gone, there were players cheating, the scoreboard is still jacked up.... BH9 will bring me back into it, for a little while at least. If SC makes us wait another year for an update or something else to do, though, I’ll probably vanish again.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.


  5. #25
    I don't think players with multiple accounts should not be complaining about the builder base ; they already have other bases to play and are creating their own advantages by doing so ; with 5 builders in the home base any max player is going to quickly max out again anyway; builder base does not take a lot of work - there is no real grind, it is just about consistency.

    It it seems strange to me how many players want the rewards without the work.
    And complain about not having new content, but also complain when that content can't be unlocked instantly.

    My builder base base is a long way from OTTO, (carts were lvl 1 at time of sneak peek, they are now on their way to lvl 5 ) but I am determined to unlock him eventually.

    Long term goals that you have to work for to unlock create a sense of accomplishment.
    Everyone is in the same boat, everyone is a long way from OTTO -
    if you haven't started working towards it then start today!

  6. #26
    Forum Elder Yachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,229
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    1. I disagree. Much like the main base, it is easy to get more loot than needed to upgrade faster than the pace at which new content is added. In fact, you can do it in less time than required on the main base. Loot is not an issue.

    2. I disagree that it is a mismatch issue. PvP matches in a way that we are all winning about 50% of the time, other than those trying to lose.

    3. I donít think the lack of spells has any impact on whether people play builder base or not.

    4. I donít think the lack of spells reduces strategy to the point where it causes players to not play.

    2.a. Rather than your mismatch statement, I would say one thing players donít like about PvP matching is the feeling of failure. They fail about half the time (a similar thing players must wrap their minds around for war leagues). On the main base, the feeling of ďsuccessĒ happens much more frequently. Even though logically we can get just as much loot in the builder base as we can in the main base (relative to the costs) in the same or even less time, the feeling of ďsuccessĒ of getting loot every attack in the main base has a psychological benefit.

    2.b. There are other players who love the PvP element of builder base, though, and that likely is where a good percentage of the revenue comes from.
    1. I wouldn't call it lack of loot, but more like capped loot. It also depends on your trophy range. You are only allowed to get 3 matches worth of loot per day, hence the limitation. Also, comparing to the main village, one has access up to 5 builders, while the other, only 1. No loot cap, farm as much as you want as long as PBT allows in the main village, while the other, only 3 times a day.

    2. It is a ladder system. There will be unfair matches unless you are maxed out. Not everyone enjoys that.

    3. No comments for spells. Don't think it is necessary. There are other more glaring issues to address in BB.

    4. Lack of strategy? Probably. Due to no spells? No.

    2.a. Question: is a ladder system really necessary? If BB had been made to be similar to the main village, that it wasn't a PvP but static bases with the option to choose your opponents, wouldn't it be a whole lot more pleasant playing experience? If I can recall, Clash Royale was released before BB was launched. There was a huge uproar over unfair matches on a daily basis in the forums. Same thing with BB, tons of complaints on mismatches. Then followed by CWL. I have clan mates that tried CR but didn't like the ladder system, preferred to stick to CoC. Then BB came along, gave up on it as well. CWL was yet another thing they complained about. So are ladder systems really enjoyable? It depends on the amount of frustrations one can bear. I'm not talking about the lack of understanding of ladder systems, more on whether it was an enjoyable experience or not despite knowing how it works.

    2.b. This part is true. Frustration leads to spending. Good for the company, not exactly good for player experience.


  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    1. I wouldn't call it lack of loot, but more like capped loot. It also depends on your trophy range. You are only allowed to get 3 matches worth of loot per day, hence the limitation. Also, comparing to the main village, one has access up to 5 builders, while the other, only 1. No loot cap, farm as much as you want as long as PBT allows in the main village, while the other, only 3 times a day.

    2. It is a ladder system. There will be unfair matches unless you are maxed out. Not everyone enjoys that.

    3. No comments for spells. Don't think it is necessary. There are other more glaring issues to address in BB.

    4. Lack of strategy? Probably. Due to no spells? No.

    2.a. Question: is a ladder system really necessary? If BB had been made to be similar to the main village, that it wasn't a PvP but static bases with the option to choose your opponents, wouldn't it be a whole lot more pleasant playing experience? If I can recall, Clash Royale was released before BB was launched. There was a huge uproar over unfair matches on a daily basis in the forums. Same thing with BB, tons of complaints on mismatches. Then followed by CWL. I have clan mates that tried CR but didn't like the ladder system, preferred to stick to CoC. Then BB came along, gave up on it as well. CWL was yet another thing they complained about. So are ladder systems really enjoyable? It depends on the amount of frustrations one can bear. I'm not talking about the lack of understanding of ladder systems, more on whether it was an enjoyable experience or not despite knowing how it works.

    2.b. This part is true. Frustration leads to spending. Good for the company, not exactly good for player experience.
    1. Yes, there is capped loot, but that cap is still high enough such that you can easily upgrade faster than the rate at which new content is added. I have maxed out mini accounts that did nothing other than spam 3 wins per day and most days didn’t even get all 3. So, some players perceive it as there not being an enough loot because they are thinking of the main base. That perception can be a negative.

    2. I agree people perceive a mismatch, I just disagree that it actually is one.

    2.a. No a PvP ladder system definitely wasn’t necessary, but it was added as something different from the main base. Many aspects of BB are things that were requested on the main base. PvP is one of those.

    2.b. I wasn’t referring to frustrated players spending. I was referring to the fact that a lot of players lover BB and love pushing in the PvP format and getting new stuff ASAP and boosting can be important to their push, thus they spend money. I think a lot of the BB revenue comes from those players that love it. (Yes, I know, in other news, water is wet.)
    Last edited by 2222; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:04 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  8. #28
    Millennial Club Kirky519's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    In a galaxy far, far away
    Posts
    1,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Yachi View Post
    Exactly. Activity in BB does not equate to enjoyment of BB. Two completely different things.
    Exactly this. Their “stats” are skewed.
    Leader: BurntCreativity - Level 18 War Clan
    🔥Charred to Greatness🔥
    Website: https://burntcreativityclan.weebly.com/
    BC Recruitment Thread: http://Tinyurl.Com/k6fmzv6


  9. #29
    Forum Elder
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,654
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirky519 View Post
    Exactly this. Their “stats” are skewed.
    Not really, activity is activity, regardless of the reason.

  10. #30
    Forum Elder Himewad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    inside your head
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Supercell has stated that their statistics show that more people play builder base than those who don't. There is just a much more vocal minority of players who voice their hatred for the builder base. It's human nature to complain about something you don't like rather than praise something you do like. As a result it gives the false impression that more people hate the builder base when in reality the opposite is true. Sure, you can point out its shortcomings but at the end of the day people are still going to play it and find success.
    Iíve stated this before, but Iíll say it again. Donít be so quick to judge the popularity of the builder base by how many people ďplayĒ it. Many people, myself included, only played the builder base because we knew ... we just KNEW ... that eventually the BB would be tied to the main village other than a few gear-ups. Many people who play the BB just do it for the free gems. Many people just play for the clan games points. Many people play for the daily challenge points. I maxed out two BB bases, despite the fact I hate the BB. Partly because Iím a completionist, and partly for the reasons stated above. But NOT because itís in any way superior or even close to the main village game.

    That said, it is certainly easier than the main village. So maybe the younger kids get into it more because itís not as complex. Many things can skew the numbers and make it seem that the BB is more popular than it really is.
    Last edited by Himewad; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:09 PM.
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •