Thread: Need Derby Task Log Available to Opted Out Members

Need Derby Task Log Available to Opted Out Members

As leader of a large hood, I have an urgent need to view the derby task log when opted out.

I cannot always opt in the derby because of work issues, but I must always be on the look out for derby rule violations and abuse. Our task log is set to display for opted in members. I do not see any reason why that log must be hidden from members who are not opted in.

At least have the derby task log viewable to Leader/Co-leaders if not everyone.

PS. Are developers aware that when a new player enters a hood, they are able to see the derby task log for that week derby? Also I think that a new player gets automatically opted in when they join a hood, even though they may have their settings to opt out before joining.

I totally agree. We should not only be able to see the derby log , but also the task board. I have brought this issue up before and gotten some lame replies about how that is interference with derby outcome. I disagree. Hoodies can tell me whatís on the board or I can see it for myself, there is no difference and no interference. If Iím opted out and they want my advice, they ask. If I feel the need to give guidance, Iím going to give it regardless. Spectator mode is not helpful if all you can see is the horse leaderboard. Hoodies that are opted out help hoodies opted in complete orders etc. Is that interference? No...it is a normal part of the game. The same is true of the leadership role.
    Leader Spiritís Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​

If you opt out, you are out. themammabear, If it makes no difference that hoodies can tell you what is on the board, then you do not need this feature. Leave as is.

I think it should be visible to the Leader, but not everyone.

Yes people can ask for help with their task, but it shouldn’t be made any easier for them, by all being laid out to everyone.

The Leader is different, in many hoods they really do need access to manage their team effectively.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

I agree that leaders always need to be able to see the task log. I’m fortunate that I have an excellent co-leader to step up and motivate when I do need to be opted out.

I didn't know people felt that helping while opt-out was "interference". It seems quite natural to me. I am opt-out this week and I really wish I could see the board/which tasks everyone has so that I know which townies to send away or if i should be saving my helps until someone gets online.

I could ask through the chat but it be another hurdle to jump through when I should be able to look at the board. Also I don't enjoy using the chat and I'm sure that is common to other hoods for various reasons so me babysitting the chat and asking if anyone needs help isn't enjoyable gameplay.

Calling it interference makes it sound like cheating but in my experience its a staple part of the game so why not just open the task board/log to everyone and acknowledge how the game is regularly played by the majority. I don't understand how opt-out members seeing the task board could hurt anyone.

Rhubi in Wonderland
    | Main Farm Level: 90 |136/144 | Rep Level: 20 | VM me
    Winter has come and gone

I don’t feel that it would be interference, but I do feel that there is usually a reason one is opted out that would mean that they are not able to participate.

If you cannot participate, it is most unlikely that you would be able to help often enough to make a difference in your NHs standing.

Our NH uses kik to chat to let everyone know what help they need, or if they need product such as dairy and sugar. I have found this to be enough without bothering those that are opted out due to RL reasons.
    Level 156
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Quote Originally Posted by TheRhube-Meister View Post
    I didn't know people felt that helping while opt-out was "interference". It seems quite natural to me. I am opt-out this week and I really wish I could see the board/which tasks everyone has so that I know which townies to send away or if i should be saving my helps until someone gets online.

I could ask through the chat but it be another hurdle to jump through when I should be able to look at the board. Also I don't enjoy using the chat and I'm sure that is common to other hoods for various reasons so me babysitting the chat and asking if anyone needs help isn't enjoyable gameplay.

Calling it interference makes it sound like cheating but in my experience its a staple part of the game so why not just open the task board/log to everyone and acknowledge how the game is regularly played by the majority. I don't understand how opt-out members seeing the task board could hurt anyone.
    It makes it easier for people to do their tasks if hoodies are throwing help at them. As a Solo player (genuinely Solo) often up against one nominated player with an NH OF MANY MORE they have a huge advantage anyway. Allowing them access to the board gives the team even more of an advantage, it’s just not necessary.

if you don’t want to communicate with NH team members, why not play Solo?

You saving helps, townies and generally helping out gives your Team a big advantage of anyway, why should it be even higher?
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)