Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cwl fair play question

Cwl fair play question

In our cwl there are 2 clans clearly working together. I was unable to find information on
    (a)what are they allowed to do and not allowed to do?
    (b)how do i report any unfair behavior of a clan as a whole? (if any of this is against the rules)

Im not big on reporting people but as a top 40 in the world clan from last cwl, this cwl was more than frustrating.

Can someone please direct me to where i can answer the 2 questions above?

Edit: one of the 2 will be in the -top 10- (edit: they didnt quite hit top 10 but were close) in the world cwl ranking after cwl ends and i find that offensive to all the most skilled cwl clans in the world.
    Last edited by GameTheory; June 11th, 2019 at 02:06 PM.

How on earth do you determine these clans are working together, and how would you
    have any form of proof? The chance of any CWL clans having any pre-existing relationship outside of CWL
    seems extremely low... Clans have their own agendas, and everyone has good and bad wars...
    I think you are probably reading too much into things?

Quote Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
    In our cwl there are 2 clans clearly working together. I was unable to find information on
    (a)what are they allowed to do and not allowed to do?
    (b)how do i report any unfair behavior of a clan as a whole? (if any of this is against the rules)

Im not big on reporting people but as a top 40 in the world clan from last cwl, this cwl was more than frustrating.

Can someone please direct me to where i can answer the 2 questions above?
    You are allowed to spy on another clan (this means going to the other clan with your account, looking at all the CWL replays, knowing where all the traps are and what’s in the CC.) this is just like old fashioned spying in normal wars, except if you spy later on in the CWL week, let’s say day 5, you can view all older replays against the other clans in the CWL. To prevent this, ALWAYS CLOSE YOUR CLAN. Do not accept anybody new during CWL. If the other clans are open, they are vulnerable to spying, but so are your layouts if another clan has spied on them, so make sure to change them frequently if all the clans aren’t closed or invite only.

What you can’t do is COLLUDE with another clan. There are 8 clans in a CWL. Clan A and Clan B talk to each other and decide to collude. This means they can either share information about other clans and base designs etc so they can practise, but also mainly, they will deliberately make their bases easier to 3 star so they both get 45 stars when attacking each other. This gives them a huge advantage to the rest of the clans.

As for reporting, take screenshots and proof, send clan tags to support. You can find them in the settings tab in-game.
    Last edited by ElectroWiz; June 10th, 2019 at 05:10 PM.
    Work until your idols become your rivals

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 19 - 664 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by GucciGobGang View Post
    How on earth do you determine these clans are working together, and how would you
    have any form of proof? The chance of any CWL clans having any pre-existing relationship outside of CWL
    seems extremely low... Clans have their own agendas, and everyone has good and bad wars...
    I think you are probably reading too much into things?
    They are known to be affiliated with each other before cwl.

3 different people including one of our clan members informed us of them being affiliated. Were not talking about random clans. There are only 700 clans or so in champ 1. Most people in this league are familliar with a lot of the other top clans.

The chance of them being in the same cwl randomly is around 1 in 100. The chance of them being in the same cwl after intentionally trying to be is much much higher.

I dont have proof. But i have lots of evidence. Sc would have proof if they looked at their deleted clan descriptions naming each other. Or their joining eachothers clans all cwl long or building tons of previous enemies bases for the other clan to practice on (if these things occurred). Or how their scores are 5-7 stars higher on clans their other clan faced first.
    Last edited by GameTheory; June 10th, 2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyFinn View Post
    Thank you👍

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by GameTheory View Post
    Edit: one of the 2 will be in the top 10 in the world cwl ranking after cwl ends and i find that offensive to all the most skilled cwl clans in the world.
    This will make it easy. They always need reasons to ban clans between one of the sponsored clans and spot #4.
    I used to be sarcastic when I was younger ...... Now it turned to solid cynicism.

So this is interesting. Darians post specifically talks about win trading. it does not talk about revealing war bases to other teams. I'm thinking there might not be anything wrong with what happened so long as when they faced off with each other neither side tanked intentionally, nor did they set it up such that it would be 45-44 or something.

In the past we've seen complaints about stolen/revealed war bases and i don't recall this ever being stated as against the rules. In fact, IIRC, support has basically told people that they should be changing war bases every war. so while i agree that it's an unfair advantage, I'm not so sure there's anything specifically actionable here on SCs part.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; June 10th, 2019 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    So this is interesting. Darians post specifically talks about win trading. it does not talk about revealing war bases to other teams. I'm thinking there might not be anything wrong with what happened so long as when they faced off with each other neither side tanked intentionally, nor did they set it up such that it would be 45-44 or something.

In the past we've seen complaints about stolen/revealed war bases and i don't recall this ever being stated as against the rules. In fact, IIRC, support has basically told people that they should be changing war bases every war. so while i agree that it's an unfair advantage, I'm not so sure there's anything specifically actionable here on SCs part.
    Side note: just looked it up and last cwl (one before this one) both suspected teams had 1 war each scored 45 stars in. I cant see if they were facing each other but i think -we all know they were- (edit: this part was speculation that appears to be incorrect).

Edit: i went thru in game help and support and it all seems automated. I still dont see where i go to send a message to sc someone will see. Even if its not against any policy id like to bring this to sc attention. I dont believe this should be acceptable behavior in top lvl of cwl. Or that either of these clans should be listed in the top 10 of all clans for cwl.

IF ANY SC STAFF SEE THIS PLEASE PM ME FOR THEIR CLAN TAGS. Thank you.
    Last edited by GameTheory; June 11th, 2019 at 02:05 PM.