Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Builder base rushing

  1. #11
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,458
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    Thank goodness I headed this advice with my minimal time invested in BH! Three BH8's all rushed as can be and all with low level cannon carts in the lab. Oh but the horror of the hero upgrades I have ahead of me
    I find, that the horror of attacking on BB with no hero is much worse, than farming without heroes on main .. so, I tend to spend my Book on Heroes on the Builder Base instead of on Main. It helps, that I've had maxed heroes on main for a long long time and have a 3.5 day system for acquiring DE for the next hero update .. a Book of Heroes just break my stride and therefore it helps me more when used on the Battle Machine.

    Other players bypass the the horror of attacking BB with no hero by simply ignoring the existence of Builder Base .. that doesn't mean that they are smarter about it :-)

    I have a very deliberate reasoning about my use of Books and Hammers.

    /Affront
    TH12-63/64/35|BH9-16.16.16.18.16.17.18.16.18.18.5/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

  2. #12
    Forum Hero Noctaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,805
    Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    its not just casual you can also make it to leaderboards as a f2p if you do things efficiently.

    i was pointing out to him that you cannot do whatever you like & expect to do well in game if you are an f2p. that luxury only belongs to spenders.

    hyper rushing provides better results than slow rushing but your attacking skill determines that.
    I think that’s how it is with most games - players who are not spend-averse have greater options than those who are unwilling to part with their hard earned dollars. Even those who spend, typically, are unable to play any way they want though. Playing the game strategically will help anyone though, and F2P players have never been in a better position than today what with Books, Runes, and Hammers.

    I’ve always favored rushing a little bit slower simply because it will allow a better experience. I think it’s usually pretty clear when it is time to upgrade; the slate of opponents changes - firmly, consistently providing a higher grade of opposition. Hyper-rushing is tough and not for new players. It provides clear advantages early on, but most players will not keep up and end up struggling later.

    TBH, this is one of the things that concerns me right now with BH9 coming. I think the lower ranks of the game will become too packed. Unlike the HV, you cannot choose your opponents on the BB and the lack of weighted matchmaking with such variance at lower levels may be problematic.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.


  3. #13
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    TBH, this is one of the things that concerns me right now with BH9 coming. I think the lower ranks of the game will become too packed. Unlike the HV, you cannot choose your opponents on the BB and the lack of weighted matchmaking with such variance at lower levels may be problematic.
    It's for that very reason that I abandoned my mini account (BH8 with L6 defences at 4k, but spam attacks from max troops tripled it far too often) as it just stopped being fun.

  4. #14
    Forum Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    1,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Even those who spend, typically, are unable to play any way they want though.
    it depends upon how much they are willing to spend though. the more they spend, the more luxury they hav. for example if someone is willing to spend loads & loads, he can choose to max every single BH(to OP's liking) & still enjoy the game the way he wants to play. but if an f2p tries to max every BH, they will most probably frustrate themselves into quitting. lol
    yes hammers/books/runes are good stuff. but hammers are not easy to get. not every BB enjoying player is in champ cwl clan to make lots of medals.

    i agree with you on hyper rushing, it has its risks. but if u rely on your attacks & can handle some 100% draws, you will be a bit ahead trophy wise thus progression wise over slow rushers.

  5. #15
    Senior Member CHANDRIANO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    442
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I think that’s how it is with most games - players who are not spend-averse have greater options than those who are unwilling to part with their hard earned dollars. Even those who spend, typically, are unable to play any way they want though. Playing the game strategically will help anyone though, and F2P players have never been in a better position than today what with Books, Runes, and Hammers.

    I’ve always favored rushing a little bit slower simply because it will allow a better experience. I think it’s usually pretty clear when it is time to upgrade; the slate of opponents changes - firmly, consistently providing a higher grade of opposition. Hyper-rushing is tough and not for new players. It provides clear advantages early on, but most players will not keep up and end up struggling later.

    TBH, this is one of the things that concerns me right now with BH9 coming. I think the lower ranks of the game will become too packed. Unlike the HV, you cannot choose your opponents on the BB and the lack of weighted matchmaking with such variance at lower levels may be problematic.
    I agree with your point of view.
    I recently hyper-rushed my secondary account from BH3 to bh8 (most of my defenses are currently lvl 4 and only put my MB to lvl 5 last week). It was an amazing progression until max barbarian, but now I'm stack at 3k and I don't see myself going any further until the BH9 upgrade is released. The thing is... I got to a point where to upgrade defenses takes some time.
    I'm glad I hyper-rushed, since I got access to better loot very fast, but it's no magic and it requires some work too.

  6. #16
    Forum Legend
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    9,458
    Quote Originally Posted by CHANDRIANO View Post
    I agree with your point of view.
    I recently hyper-rushed my secondary account from BH3 to bh8 (most of my defenses are currently lvl 4 and only put my MB to lvl 5 last week). It was an amazing progression until max barbarian, but now I'm stack at 3k and I don't see myself going any further until the BH9 upgrade is released. The thing is... I got to a point where to upgrade defenses takes some time.
    I'm glad I hyper-rushed, since I got access to better loot very fast, but it's no magic and it requires some work too.

    Soon, we will need some hyper-rush experience to gauge how fast it would be possible to have the 6th builder available.

    Just sayin' :-)

    /Affront
    TH12-63/64/35|BH9-16.16.16.18.16.17.18.16.18.18.5/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •