Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Builder base rushing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Builder base rushing

Since the new update will be focusing on the builder base, does anyone think actually maxing out your base there before going up a bh level will be worth it? I really like to max my bases before continuing, but builder base gets really hard if you try it there.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by JeHooft View Post
    Since the new update will be focusing on the builder base, does anyone think actually maxing out your base there before going up a bh level will be worth it? I really like to max my bases before continuing, but builder base gets really hard if you try it there.
    You do NOT try to max out on Builder Base, unless you are on the highest available level of Builder Hall.

You upgrade to BH9 the second you can and then you pour your resources into that at the pace you are able to.

If you are currently at BH7.. Get that BH upgraded asap, because we will have a Battle Fest shortly after BH9 drops.. you need a place to dump the resources..

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.17.16.18.16.18.18.17.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

The BB is designed for rushing, so, no...maxing out a lower level BH isn’t really worth it. There’s no downside to a rushed BB game - no loot penalty, no mismatches, and no clan wars - and every benefit by rushing it, especially in strength. The only thing you should “max” is whatever is needed to u0grade to the next BH level and a single attack strategy. Once you hit the topmost level, THEN you max.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Affront View Post
    You do NOT try to max out on Builder Base, unless you are on the highest available level of Builder Hall.

You upgrade to BH9 the second you can and then you pour your resources into that at the pace you are able to.

If you are currently at BH7.. Get that BH upgraded asap, because we will have a Battle Fest shortly after BH9 drops.. you need a place to dump the resources..

/Affront
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    The BB is designed for rushing, so, no...maxing out a lower level BH isn’t really worth it. There’s no downside to a rushed BB game - no loot penalty, no mismatches, and no clan wars - and every benefit by rushing it, especially in strength. The only thing you should “max” is whatever is needed to u0grade to the next BH level and a single attack strategy. Once you hit the topmost level, THEN you max.
    Thank goodness I headed this advice with my minimal time invested in BH! Three BH8's all rushed as can be and all with low level cannon carts in the lab. Oh but the horror of the hero upgrades I have ahead of me
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    Thank goodness I headed this advice with my minimal time invested in BH! Three BH8's all rushed as can be and all with low level cannon carts in the lab. Oh but the horror of the hero upgrades I have ahead of me
    I find, that the horror of attacking on BB with no hero is much worse, than farming without heroes on main .. so, I tend to spend my Book on Heroes on the Builder Base instead of on Main. It helps, that I've had maxed heroes on main for a long long time and have a 3.5 day system for acquiring DE for the next hero update .. a Book of Heroes just break my stride and therefore it helps me more when used on the Battle Machine.

Other players bypass the the horror of attacking BB with no hero by simply ignoring the existence of Builder Base .. that doesn't mean that they are smarter about it :-)

I have a very deliberate reasoning about my use of Books and Hammers.

/Affront
    TH12-65/65/40|BH9-16.17.16.18.16.18.18.17.18.18.18/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Forum Veteran
    I really like to max my bases before continuing
    if u are an f2p, it does not matter what you like, you hav to go with the best efficiency and thats to ultra rush and rely on your playing skill.

now if you are a gemmer, you hav the luxury to play as you like and you can cover up the efficiency loss by spending gems.

Quote Originally Posted by arpithmania View Post
    if u are an f2p, it does not matter what you like, you hav to go with the best efficiency and thats to ultra rush and rely on your playing skill.

now if you are a gemmer, you hav the luxury to play as you like and you can cover up the efficiency loss by spending gems.
    FWIW, I think the BB is actually very well suited to the typical F2Per. You don’t lose loot in attacks, casual play is the default, the costs of upgrades generally match the level, you not only CAN rush but the game is designed for it, and the spend averse are on near equal footing with spenders in their tier. The only problem for an F2Per is if you are too impatient to play casually, but that’s where the game makes its bread and butter....
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)

So much wrong. You do not have to hyper rush. Max no. But you can slower rush and do just fine. And gemming has nothing to do with f2p vs p2p. You can gem, book, and hammer stuff without paying anything.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    FWIW, I think the BB is actually very well suited to the typical F2Per. You don’t lose loot in attacks, casual play is the default, the costs of upgrades generally match the level, you not only CAN rush but the game is designed for it, and the spend averse are on near equal footing with spenders in their tier. The only problem for an F2Per is if you are too impatient to play casually, but that’s where the game makes its bread and butter....
    its not just casual you can also make it to leaderboards as a f2p if you do things efficiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    So much wrong. You do not have to hyper rush. Max no. But you can slower rush and do just fine. And gemming has nothing to do with f2p vs p2p. You can gem, book, and hammer stuff without paying anything.
    i was pointing out to him that you cannot do whatever you like & expect to do well in game if you are an f2p. that luxury only belongs to spenders.

hyper rushing provides better results than slow rushing but your attacking skill determines that.

its not just casual you can also make it to leaderboards as a f2p if you do things efficiently.

i was pointing out to him that you cannot do whatever you like & expect to do well in game if you are an f2p. that luxury only belongs to spenders.

hyper rushing provides better results than slow rushing but your attacking skill determines that.
    I think that’s how it is with most games - players who are not spend-averse have greater options than those who are unwilling to part with their hard earned dollars. Even those who spend, typically, are unable to play any way they want though. Playing the game strategically will help anyone though, and F2P players have never been in a better position than today what with Books, Runes, and Hammers.

I’ve always favored rushing a little bit slower simply because it will allow a better experience. I think it’s usually pretty clear when it is time to upgrade; the slate of opponents changes - firmly, consistently providing a higher grade of opposition. Hyper-rushing is tough and not for new players. It provides clear advantages early on, but most players will not keep up and end up struggling later.

TBH, this is one of the things that concerns me right now with BH9 coming. I think the lower ranks of the game will become too packed. Unlike the HV, you cannot choose your opponents on the BB and the lack of weighted matchmaking with such variance at lower levels may be problematic.
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)