Thread: Help: My Co-Leader just gets black screen after update on multiple devicesIOS/Android

Centennial Club

Help: My Co-Leader just gets black screen after update on multiple devicesIOS/Android

Hi,
    One of my Coleaders based in Philippines cannot log in at all after the update. She has two ipads and an Android phone she has tried the new update on. The update seems to install OK, but the screen goes black and the game doesn't load.
    Things she has tried:
    Deleting clash of clans completely and reinstalling.
    Deleting Data/Cache, rebooting, reinstalling
    Deleting Data/Cache on Play store on phone, reboot, reinstall.
    Freeing memory/space by deleting other apps and clearing Data/Cache.

The odd thing is I can log into her account on my tablet (I'm based in the UK) using her Supercell id when she gives me the code sent to her email address. So the problem isn't her SC account. I tried to contact Support through her account but support has changed since I last used it many years ago and I can't seem to get to actually speak to anyone.

If anyone has any advice I'd really appreciate it. Her Android phone is running 5.1.1. Her two ipads are IOS 12.3.1 and IOS 9.3.5

We'vw been playing clash together for five years now. I really hope we can fix this. Thank you in advance for any advice. Apologies if I post this incorrectly been a while since I've used the Forum.

1. dont play her village or from anyone else
    2. dont contact the ingame support in behalve of someone
    you can get banned permanently for that.

now to the problem.
    has she installed todays bugfix? it might help. other possible thing could be a regional lockout.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; June 19th, 2019 at 03:41 PM.

Centennial Club
    Goodness, I had no idea checking whether her account was OK could result in a permanent ban. I wasn't even sure it was possible for me to do it . Just wanted to clarify whether the problem was with her devices or her account.Thanks for the heads up, won't be doing that again.

She tried new installs about 1.5 hours ago. If the bug fix was before that, then yes she would have tried the latest one. Any advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolopolo View Post
    She tried new installs about 1.5 hours ago. If the bug fix was before that, then yes she would have tried the latest one. Any advice?
    yes i have an advice but it is at own risk. she could use vpn but as said it is at own risk. (using vpn is an unsupported way to play the game. not banable but might get in trouble if it comes to owner verification.) sc recommended not use but in her case i would say give it a try.
    are other phillipines also effected by the issue you mentioned?

Centennial Club
    Hmm, I'm not sure how happy she would be to try a vpn but I can ask her. She's an older lady and I'm not sure how comfortable she would be with that. Sadly she doesn't have any close friends who play in the Philippines.
    I just hope we can find some way to help. She's a Legend level th12 max player having played many years, but more importantly we've become friends and I want to see her happily playing again.

I'm running out of options to suggest to her. She has tried to contact Support through the Form on the Forum help so perhaps that'll work. Wish I could hop on a plane and go fix it for her.

Centennial Club
    Thanks for the suggestion. I asked her but sadly she doesn't own a laptop anymore. Just the two ipads.

She tried to install again on the ipads and now its got a little further showing the supercell logo then black screen. Its all very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolopolo View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I asked her but sadly she doesn't own a laptop anymore. Just the two ipads.
    she wont need a pc. vpn is a programm to change the device location surf hidden in the internet. check the appstore.

She tried to install again on the ipads and now its got a little further showing the supercell logo then black screen. Its all very odd.
    this sounds like a connection issue. changing internet connection might help.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; June 19th, 2019 at 06:29 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    she wont need a pc. vpn is a programm to change the device location surf hidden in the internet. check the appstore.

this sounds like a connection issue. changing internet connection might help.
    Oh lol yes you're absolutely correct. Haven't had to try VPN myself.
    She does say her Internet is working fine as everything else is working on her devices. I'll ask her to maybe try it at a friend's house or somewhere else. Strange she's been playing over 5 years and never had this issue until now.

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate your patience.