Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unfair Champ I clans are getting matched with TH11 and Below!! (1 million tourney)

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    Your points would be very valid.

But, the OP is referring to Champ 1 clans.
    With these clans, there is likely to be little to no change of personnel.
    There is no base progression, as they will likely be max 12 in their 15v roster. And will have been so, or close to that, simply to win their way into Champ 1.
    Their wars shouldnt ever be imbalanced, unless somebody is tanking. Max hall is as high as it gets.

So, for the bulk of us, I agree with you. So far as OP goes, I cant agree.

This is indeed a problem for the cream of the game. SC also have an investment riding on it later in the year ( if I have been absorbing information correctly).
    It is better for both parties that they find a solution.
    Agreed. Whenever I see things that look funky, I always look for the payoff. i dont believe for an instant that any team would work that hard to make it to champs1 and then magically decide to roll in all their Th11s so that they can demote.
    In my view the payoff is pretty simple, they are win trading. It is simply another tactic to avoid appearances of collusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Agreed. Whenever I see things that look funky, I always look for the payoff. i dont believe for an instant that any team would work that hard to make it to champs1 and then magically decide to roll in all their Th11s so that they can demote.
    In my view the payoff is pretty simple, they are win trading. It is simply another tactic to avoid appearances of collusion.
    I'm not sure how the win trading is supposed to work, since in most cases the clans entering low rosters did it for all 7 wars
    Various data posts: Who plays what? CWL data 1 (stars), 2 (3* rates), 3 (rosters), 4 (start times and other) Data at end of old Legends
    --------------------
    Forum cup organiser. The forum cup discord server is: https://discord.gg/KEUxV2e

Forum Veteran
    T
    Quote Originally Posted by OnyxDS View Post
    I'm not sure how the win trading is supposed to work, since in most cases the clans entering low rosters did it for all 7 wars
    That isnt how I read the OP but you have the data so I will defer to your information.

The payoff is to protect their max TH12 accounts. They decide to intentionally drop a league or two so SC won’t scan their problematic TH12 accounts.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by shknicks View Post
    The payoff is to protect their max TH12 accounts. They decide to intentionally drop a league or two so SC won’t scan their problematic TH12 accounts.
    Sounds like a great place for SC to start sniffing around to me.

Centennial Club
    that called farming war league medal, you use 2 clan in champ 1 & 2 and have 15-30 max th 12, those max th12 will fight in champ2 and takes #1 post, other clan in champ 1 just put any weak th whatever, tell them to attack easiest base for 8* even being lowest rank will still give better reward than #1 in masterand its LEGAL if you can do it you can do it, if cant then go to forum haha
    (◣_◢)︻デ═一⚫⚫⚫⚫⚫(/*o*)/

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by hyta666 View Post
    that called farming war league medal, you use 2 clan in champ 1 & 2 and have 15-30 max th 12, those max th12 will fight in champ2 and takes #1 post, other clan in champ 1 just put any weak th whatever, tell them to attack easiest base for 8* even being lowest rank will still give better reward than #1 in masterand its LEGAL if you can do it you can do it, if cant then go to forum haha
    Seems strange that anyone would farm in champ 1.
    So much effort to get there, and simply allow for the slide back into champ 2 for a repeat performance.

Obviously, the medal haul would be huge, providing their B team could get their 8 stars, but it seems such a waste of talent.

Onyx has pointed out that they run small all week, so they arent paving the way to get anyone in particular on that plane to Poland, but to have the ability to push to champ 1 and not even try astounds me.

Forum Veteran
    Seems strange that anyone would farm in champ 1.
    So much effort to get there, and simply allow for the slide back into champ 2 for a repeat performance.

Obviously, the medal haul would be huge, providing their B team could get their 8 stars, but it seems such a waste of talent.

Onyx has pointed out that they run small all week, so they arent paving the way to get anyone in particular on that plane to Poland, but to have the ability to push to champ 1 and not even try astounds me.
    That is my problem with that explanation as well. it doesnt smell right. Anyone who is doing that is doing it because they are “being efficient” or they are trying to get around some sort of skill gap. If you are in champs1, you definitely have some skills and it isnt easy to get there so it isnt efficient to drop every second season. There is defintely more to the story than that weak explanation. to me it still sounds like someone is trying to intentionally stay off SC’s radar.
    Last edited by Tosti111; June 12th, 2019 at 08:56 PM.

Forum Elder
    That is my problem with that explanation as well. it doesnt smell right. Anyone who is doing that is doing it because they are “being efficient” or they are trying to get around some sort of skill gap. If you are in champs1, you definitely have some skills and it isnt easy to get there so it isnt efficient to drop every second season. There is defintely more to the story than that weak explanation. to me it still sounds like someone is trying to intentionally stay off SC’s radar.
    Agree.

But to take it to the home straight, then simply stop, is beyond my knowledge, and seems illogical.
    There is nothing apparently in it for them, as they are the worst of the C1 clans, not even also rans, because they arent even running.

There has to be a reason, otherwise why do it.
    Farming at that level doesnt make sense. They are way way above farming ground.
    But i have no explanation. Even we dont tank, and we are "also rans" in Crystal 3.

One thing is for sure tho.. their tanking is unfair on every clan that put in the leg work in order to compete at the top of the tree.
    For those that get lucky, and are one of the 7 oppo, it is a free bonus round. For all those that are competing on level ground all week, it is putting them at a disadvantage.
    Everyone is affected, that competes in C1, one way or another

Maybe the next focus should be to try and guarantee that the top level remains purely competitive.
    Maybe, as others have stated, there should be a minimum requirement to compete there.
    Maybe tanking in that esteemed tier should be viewed as not only suspicious, but absolutely detrimental to the integrity of the elite level in the game.
    Just maybe, those clans should be given a couple of seasons to sit back and decide whether they want to compete there

There are plenty of tiers below C1 for those that want to farm medals.

Forum Veteran
    Agree.

But to take it to the home straight, then simply stop, is beyond my knowledge, and seems illogical.
    There is nothing apparently in it for them, as they are the worst of the C1 clans, not even also rans, because they arent even running.

There has to be a reason, otherwise why do it.
    Farming at that level doesnt make sense. They are way way above farming ground.
    But i have no explanation. Even we dont tank, and we are "also rans" in Crystal 3.

One thing is for sure tho.. their tanking is unfair on every clan that put in the leg work in order to compete at the top of the tree.
    For those that get lucky, and are one of the 7 oppo, it is a free bonus round. For all those that are competing on level ground all week, it is putting them at a disadvantage.
    Everyone is affected, that competes in C1, one way or another

Maybe the next focus should be to try and guarantee that the top level remains purely competitive.
    Maybe, as others have stated, there should be a minimum requirement to compete there.
    Maybe tanking in that esteemed tier should be viewed as not only suspicious, but absolutely detrimental to the integrity of the elite level in the game.
    Just maybe, those clans should be given a couple of seasons to sit back and decide whether they want to compete there

There are plenty of tiers below C1 for those that want to farm medals.
    I would support a few months of vacation for those that tank at that level. Another alternative is to remove all medals from Champs 1 competition. You want to farm, you stay in chmps 2 or lower, you want to fight, you do it without medals in champs1. Lets be honest here, the teams in champs1 should be all TH12s and I highly doubt any of them run with anything less than full max anyways. At very least that would stop any wondering about the issue being farming related and prove it to be something less honest.
    Last edited by Tosti111; June 12th, 2019 at 11:00 PM.