Thread: Air defenses shooting out of range!!!

Thumbs up Air defenses shooting out of range!!!

Anybody notice air defenses sometimes shoot out of range. My healers are not in range of the air defense but somehow the air defense are still able to reach. I don't know whats going on , maybe the game doesn't want me to 3 star. I attached pictures so you can see what I am talking about.

IMG_0326.jpg

But then when other people attack my base my air defense sits there and does nothing like a .

COC.jpg
    TH 10
    Trophies: 3500
    Level: 128
    War Stars: 467
    Player tag: #20JRC280V

The circle you see is not a real 'circle'.... in CoC all the defenses shoot a certain number of TILES, and those don't adhere to the circles perfectly... I do think that's what you've found out

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    The circle you see is not a real 'circle'.... in CoC all the defenses shoot a certain number of TILES, and those don't adhere to the circles perfectly... I do think that's what you've found out
    ^ this. The circle is touching the tile that the healers occupy, therefore in range. Optically, it looks like she's just out of range but she's not.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    in pictures.

Also, you need to pay close attention to the shadow of the air troop. Sometimes, it looks like the troop is outside the circle, but the shadow is actually inside it (or right on the edge of it).
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Centennial Club
    Does it work differently with the clan castle activation radius. I've seen troops that appear to sitting on the line but haven't drawn the defending CC. Or is this a bit of an illusion created by camera angle etc

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    in pictures.

Interesting! I didnít know that till now!

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by llthegamer View Post
    Anybody notice air defenses sometimes shoot out of range. My healers are not in range of the air defense but somehow the air defense are still able to reach. I don't know whats going on , maybe the game doesn't want me to 3 star. I attached pictures so you can see what I am talking about.

IMG_0326.jpg

But then when other people attack my base my air defense sits there and does nothing like a .

COC.jpg
    Maybe it's a question of timing, but I don't think that the Healers are less than 10 squares away.

It seems to me, that the AD is 7 squares away from the wall between the AT and Mortar ..
    and that there are 9 squares to the shadow of the Healer

That makes the AD shoot sqrt(7^2+9^2) which is more than 10.

If on I'm reading the squares wrong and we are only at 6 and 8, then the AD shoots exactly 10 squares.

So .. it really depends on where the range starts from .. is it the middle of the defense location or is it the edge.

The picture suggest, that it's the edge and that the Healer is 6 down and 8 over, from the AD.. and exactly within range.

/Affront
    TH12-63/64/35|BH9-16.16.16.18.16.17.18.16.18.18.5/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting