Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Changing Clan War League members

Fresh Spawn

Exclamation Changing Clan War League members

Hoping this suggestion is helpful for others too. Our clan has a problem with co-leaders changing members after 1st day of war starts. We could demote everyone to elders for 7 days until the wars are over, but it is not very good for clan morale. This could be resolved by adding a message to clan chat that the lineup for day 2 was changed by (clan members name), using the same type of message shown in clan chat when someone is kicked or promoted would be great. Last month someone was taking out active players and including players who left our clan. It would be helpful if members who leave the clan cannot be added to war. Maybe you could deactivate ability to be selected for war, or remove them from the list altogether.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    What you haven't considered is how this would negatively impact other clans that don't have these kinds of problems. Many teams of players use multiple clans to be able to hold all their affiliated players. Even teams with fewer than 50 players do this during Clan War Leagues since there is a cap on the number of players who can fight. When there are multiple clans in play, players move back-and-forth freely to request troops, socialize and support players in the other clans. Forcing everyone to be sitting in the clan in order to be part of the day's lineup would create an unnecessary burden on teams who already have time constraints managing lineups for seven wars in a week. Rather than impose this kind of restriction on all clans, wouldn't a better solution be for your team to more selective in who you include on your roster? If you're including players who haven't already established some kind of loyalty to your clan and who are just leaving in the middle of CWL, you should work on managing your CWL roster better.

Similarly, if you have a coleader who is actively sabotaging your wars and purposely putting people into CWL who don't belong there, you have much bigger problems. I can't imagine a worse thing for clan morale than to be on a team with a saboteur and a bunch of leaders who are reluctant to do anything about it. If it were my clan I wouldn't "demote everyone to elders for 7 days until the wars are over." I'd demote everyone permanently and only promote the select players who I could actually trust to coleader. I don't know how many coleaders your clan has, but you need to be more selective in who you give that power to. If you explain the situation to your clan members, they should welcome the demotion since it's actually addressing the problem.

In short, the simpler solutions are to address the issues using the tools already at your disposal.

Good luck.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 727 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

As Sharkyfin is laying out, your proposal would hinder clans like mine, for example. We leave to have a visit or donate, come back to do our attack, etc. yadda, you name it all.
    And we're including player, as we see fit, since we're adults and our leader doesn't hesitate to let us assemble the rooster if we feel the need for it.

I agree a message could help to prevent sneaky stuff, but apart from that a co that is scrambling your rooster is the worst thing.
    If one of our cos would do that, he could watch our war from the outside - forever (but since only loyal member for years are cos, that's not likely).

Quote Originally Posted by Memegaga View Post
    ... This could be resolved by adding a message to clan chat that the lineup for day 2 was changed by (clan members name), using the same type of message shown in clan .....
    ^ This!

You gave two different proposals, for which Sharky rightfully noted flaws with the second offered. Stick with the simpler and easy solution.

See https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...-notifications

Fresh Spawn
    What about the text message saying members have been changed? Can that be added to clan chat?

Quote Originally Posted by Memegaga View Post
    Hoping this suggestion is helpful for others too. Our clan has a problem with co-leaders changing members after 1st day of war starts. We could demote everyone to elders for 7 days until the wars are over, but it is not very good for clan morale. This could be resolved by adding a message to clan chat that the lineup for day 2 was changed by (clan members name), using the same type of message shown....
    I totally agree, I got into same problem. I am leader, pick 15 ppl who volunteered for CWL. Fill their bases. After I have done so... someone goes into next day and changes roster (for people who opted out, left clan..and leaves their bases empty).

I cought it once and corrected it last minute before new war started. Giving it possibility it was an accident.

It just happened again. But someone did it when they knew im gone and won't be back until war starts.

This is really problem. I need to be able to see who is sabotaging us and kick them out. I can't demote 3 co leads cause one of them did it but I don't know which one.

Supercell... you know your deal from global how big part of population is. Don't leave us at their mercy in CWL.

We definitely need to be able to track who did what changes.
    Last edited by Bakunin; August 8th, 2020 at 03:01 PM.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Anestetista View Post
    I totally agree, I got into same problem. I am leader, pick 15 ppl who volunteered for CWL. Fill their bases. After I have done so... someone goes into next day and changes roster (for people who opted out, left clan..and leaves their bases empty)....

...I can't demote 3 co leads cause one of them did it but I don't know which one.
    You necro'd a year old thread to describe the same problem that Sharky and Rowman have already answered.

Closed.
    Last edited by Bakunin; August 8th, 2020 at 03:04 PM.