Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Masters 2 CWL

Masters 2 CWL

We're got promoted last season and got squished by 27 out of 30 enemy bases being th12 (we have around 14). I know there's no weight system so was just looking to see if we just got an unlucky draw or if this is the norm. We're sitting in 6th place and are wondering if we should drop intentionally for all our sanity. If you're in 30v30 Masters 2, how many th12 are you generally facing?

I can't answer your question, but it is nice to see that some who get a bad draw, understand how CWL works and could d just be a random bad spin.
    Level: 250 | TH12 | GG 2B
    Highest Trophy Count:5225 | Donations: 1.1 million | Hero Levels: 150
    Leader of Rogue Elite
    #8200L0UJ
    Retired League Clan and Players recruiting experienced attackers to play in a relaxed and fun environment.
    ​Our Discord link https://discord.gg/pwz4W2h

We had to use 24 12s to finally move up to masters 1 on this one. Usually itís about 20 12s, rest 11s, couple 10s if youíre lucky

You may be a Cusp Clan. .....

Let us say that your clan's strength is in the upper 20% of the M3 population, yet lower 20% of the M2 population. One then would expect to bounce back and forth until the clan strengthens to nearer the M2 norm.

We should expect each tier to have a norm, and a deviation, for each tier. Think of it as "you are one of the smartest within high school, but not quite ready for Harvard".

Forum Veteran
    In my experience, you could face 30 TH12s of varying strengths and it would be at the high end, but not crazily so, in M2. We're in M1 right now with 24 TH12s and every opponent so far has had more than that. 2 clans in our group are going to demote, so that means a couple of clans next season will be in M2 with likely 24+ TH12s.

Seems to me the clans that do the best (in terms of matchups) in CWL are all th12s, or only spread out among two town hall levels. If you are spread out among 3 or more town hall levels, the matchups can be horribly in your favor, or horribly against you.

I have one account in Champs-3 (15v15), and it appears we will finally get promoted after many near-promotions (that clan faces all th12s every war, as it should).

I have another account in Crystal-1 (30v30), and we seem to steamroll every opponent but one every CWL, so we never get promoted. There is always one opponent that seems to have 15-20 th12s and the rest are th11s. We are rolling with more th12s than we ever have (about 10), but we also have a good number of th10s at the bottom (about 8), and that is usually what gives us the loss against that one clan each CWL.
    \\\\\ TH12 - JAMESTOWN #28JUUQOPQ TH12 - MASTER MASON #PUQJR29V /////

Interesting. Thanks for all your input so far. We won 6/7 pretty competitive wars in M3 but got smashed our first 3 wars in M2. We may end up winning 3/7 wars in M2 so maybe that's where we belong?!

We win about 80% of regular wars so three devastating losses in a row was kind of bad for morale.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogged View Post
    We're got promoted last season and got squished by 27 out of 30 enemy bases being th12 (we have around 14). I know there's no weight system so was just looking to see if we just got an unlucky draw or if this is the norm. We're sitting in 6th place and are wondering if we should drop intentionally for all our sanity. If you're in 30v30 Masters 2, how many th12 are you generally facing?
    Not sure how it is in 30v30, but my clan which currently took 15v15 in master2 find it a norm to find around 11-15 Th12 from our opponent.

Maybe consider 15v15 if you're planning to get to higher leagues, but as a consequence most of your Th11 won't be able to participate. Or try to get more members to Th12 asap.

We did a 30v30 masters 1 war last CWL with the vast majority being th12 so we could keep the clan together and let our 11s enjoy some action(although we had to all migrate to another clan).

It wasn't competitive, though nearly all the clans we faced had a lot more 12s than you (all more than 20 if memory serves me right)

This CWL season,we are on a 15v15 attempt to reach champs 1 with the majority of the clan 20+ 12s doing a 30v30 in masters 1 again in a different clan

Ugh. Relegated to the rarely visited sub forum where good threads go to die. Thanks for all your responses everyone. It is much appreciated.