Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Thinking of turning to self matching during CWL

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    In under 3 years, you could be above the famous, or infamous GM streak.
    And all for the price of 182 barbs per year.
    Just remember to set the alarm clock every 2 days to drop that barb and move the other accounts.
    And convince yourself that while being the nth clan that does this, this is a lot of fun and not pointless at all. I have a feeling you guys are janking my chain.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshspown View Post
    And convince yourself that while being the nth clan that does this, this is a lot of fun and not pointless at all. I have a feeling you guys are janking my chain.
    They arenít sadly. Major in another thread actually had some other forum folks build specific bases and join a clan where they copied all those bases and put them into another clan then tried to match each other. The intent was to prove that it was even possible since many thought it couldnt happen. 2222 and Joshesgrandad and others were part of the experiment. They matched quite quickly. it just goes to show how far some will go in pursuit of meaningless bragging rights that are outright manipulation. I too thought it was not possible but have been convinced based on the test. Are there tons and tons of clans doing it? i dont know but I trust Major is telling the truth in that regard. To be honest though, even if the number is small, what does that mean to all the other clans who are playing it straight when everyone will be looking at any honest achievement and thinking that it is a lie. Anything that casts doubt on an honest achievement should be addressed simply because it is the right thing to do for everyone.

it's all mm manipulation. one's easier to do than the other but i don't see either as having some sort of additional legitimacy.

Pretty sure that if you match yourself too often you will go blind and grow hair on your palms.
    UNICORNS! I want unicorns. Any clan that gets a 3 war win streak should have one villager replaced by a frisky little unicorn that frolics and gambols about the village. Let's make this happen.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...s-add-unicorns

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    Pretty sure that if you match yourself too often you will go blind and grow hair on your palms.
    now there's a way to find out who's doing it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    They aren’t sadly. Major in another thread actually had some other forum folks build specific bases and join a clan where they copied all those bases and put them into another clan then tried to match each other. The intent was to prove that it was even possible since many thought it couldnt happen. 2222 and Joshesgrandad and others were part of the experiment. They matched quite quickly. it just goes to show how far some will go in pursuit of meaningless bragging rights that are outright manipulation. I too thought it was not possible but have been convinced based on the test. Are there tons and tons of clans doing it? i dont know but I trust Major is telling the truth in that regard. To be honest though, even if the number is small, what does that mean to all the other clans who are playing it straight when everyone will be looking at any honest achievement and thinking that it is a lie. Anything that casts doubt on an honest achievement should be addressed simply because it is the right thing to do for everyone.
    Yes exactly,

Let's say a clan was very good, but above them are clans that exploit a loophole in order to win easier, and faster. This loophole has always existed and has been going for years, continually muddling the waters over time as more attention is drawn.

Question is, if you were to weed out these clans, who would be left? I wonder if there is the data that it could be possible to create a highscore that omits self-match clans.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood