Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Thinking of turning to self matching during CWL

Thinking of turning to self matching during CWL

No matter how much ppl try to petend that CWL is not DIRECTLY competing vs reg CWs it is, SC might want to rethink somethings CWL is fun as a time waster it's the exact same concept of builder base, But any real clan knows reg wars is where it's at. Or maybe they have something brewing with the builder base and wars. Anyway bottom line theirs hardly anyone doing reg wars during CWL. clans #p2l8llru, #ujplo228, #ulqcpjro

This helps highlight why self-matching should be addressed.

I can self-match in or out of CWL but I don't because I earn my wins.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Quote Originally Posted by alcusmc View Post
    it's the exact same concept of builder base,
    If you mean ladder based, regardless of actual strength, then yes I'd agree.
    I'd also agree that many players (myself included) see BHB and CWL as a means to an end, ie main base progression. The label of 'fun' is a personal reflection.

I drop trophies on BHB, purely to make it easier to accumulate points/rewards, for myself and my clan, when Clan Games comes along.
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 15 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Early TH12.

i prefer cwl to cw and don't see it as merely a time waster. to each their own

since each clan and player has different ideas of fun and competition, i don't think elitist comments like "real clans know..." help do anything but increase animosity

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post

I drop trophies on BHB, purely to make it easier to accumulate points/rewards, for myself and my clan, when Clan Games comes along.
    this is why having a th7 mini with bh4 is a good thing in games.

three stars in one attack (main)
    eight straight win streak (main)
    X% damage (both)
    X stars (both)
    3* vs higher base (main)
    3* vs th6, th7, th8 (main)
    3* no heroes (main)
    win X battles in an hr (bh)
    destroy X gem mines (bh)

some of those carry hefty point values. it's not uncommon my lower th's (6, 7, and 8) routinely rack up 4000 points before my th10s, 11, 12

since i don't care about cups on either side with low bases, losing 3 battles in a few minutes to drop my king on spell factories and quit or zapping hero podiums and quitting is a great way to do events in a flash

and I don't have to manipulate cups on a "real" base

Forum Elder
    I guess we arent areal clan either, cos we enjoy cwl week too.

Am surprised there arent lots of clans spinning tho, judging by the amount of posts where people are quitting cwl.

But, if giving the win streak a boost by self matching is better, then thats what a real clan should be doing instead I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    i prefer cwl to cw and don't see it as merely a time waster. to each their own

since each clan and player has different ideas of fun and competition, i don't think elitist comments like "real clans know..." help do anything but increase animosity

this is why having a th7 mini with bh4 is a good thing in games.

three stars in one attack (main)
    eight straight win streak (main)
    X% damage (both)
    X stars (both)
    3* vs higher base (main)
    3* vs th6, th7, th8 (main)
    3* no heroes (main)
    win X battles in an hr (bh)
    destroy X gem mines (bh)

some of those carry hefty point values. it's not uncommon my lower th's (6, 7, and 8) routinely rack up 4000 points before my th10s, 11, 12

since i don't care about cups on either side with low bases, losing 3 battles in a few minutes to drop my king on spell factories and quit or zapping hero podiums and quitting is a great way to do events in a flash

and I don't have to manipulate cups on a "real" base
    I am the same - my TH6 accounts can max games in a couple of hours generally. I prefer BH5 though. The BH4 game I too often end with 0 stars. BH5 I can get 2/3* nearly 100% of the time until trophies get too high.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I guess we arent areal clan either, cos we enjoy cwl week too.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post

Am surprised there arent lots of clans spinning tho, judging by the amount of posts where people are quitting cwl.

But, if giving the win streak a boost by self matching is better, then thats what a real clan should be doing instead I guess.

Apparently the vast majority of us are just faking it LOL
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; June 7th, 2019 at 12:36 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH7-11
    Official sister clan to Ancient Hunters
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH10 - Doctor Worm permamax (for now)
    TH11 - doug 43/50/20 heroes

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by alcusmc View Post
    But any real clan knows reg wars is where it's at.
    What do you think gives you the right to decide that a very large number of clans aren't real?

I can't think of any reason you might think you have that right, since you obviously don't work for Supercell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

I'm disappointed to learn my clan isn't a real clan. We're active, high level, usually full and winning regular wars at 80-90%. I knew we weren't elite but I thought we at least were real.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

You might want to know that the ones "in the know" that OP describes, don't have respect for clans that match themselves.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    You might want to know that the ones "in the know" that OP describes, don't have respect for clans that match themselves.
    I have 4x TH3s sitting idle mate. Who wants to start the bidding.
    They have a proven pedigree for self matching thanks to your trials