Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Thinking of turning to self matching during CWL

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    You might want to know that the ones "in the know" that OP describes, don't have respect for clans that match themselves.
    So what is the problem with self matching then? Nobody gets impacted in meaningful way by clans that do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshspown View Post
    So what is the problem with self matching then? Nobody gets impacted in meaningful way by clans that do that.
    It depends on what you mean by meaningful. Let’s get the disclaimer out of the way right away that nothing in the game is all that meaningful compared to real life. With that said, there are players who try very hard to get legitimate win streaks in the game and/or very good win/loss records in war. Those goals and accomplishments are lessened by clans that do it through self-matching. While my clan hasn’t streaked longer than 30 something and currently we usually only hit 9 or 10 in a row before a loss, I can understand why this is important to other players. I compare it to legends for me. I like pushing trophies and trying to see how high I can rank. I hate that there are cheating account sharing players above me. It impacts me in a meaningful way within the constraints of what we consider meaningful in this game.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    It depends on what you mean by meaningful. Letís get the disclaimer out of the way right away that nothing in the game is all that meaningful compared to real life. With that said, there are players who try very hard to get legitimate win streaks in the game and/or very good win/loss records in war. Those goals and accomplishments are lessened by clans that do it through self-matching. While my clan hasnít streaked longer than 30 something and currently we usually only hit 9 or 10 in a row before a loss, I can understand why this is important to other players. I compare it to legends for me. I like pushing trophies and trying to see how high I can rank. I hate that there are cheating account sharing players above me. It impacts me in a meaningful way within the constraints of what we consider meaningful in this game.
    First of all, can you imagine how bored one would have to be to do this for a long time? If more then ten people would actually do this i would be really surprised.

But secondly, clans in the know would know it, the person doing the self matching would know it, so what would be the point? Besides proving this can be done.

I would hardly think this would need any attention by Supercells coders.
    Last edited by Freshspown; June 11th, 2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Typos

We did self match in cwl ch1 tier....,it's true.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by frainlll View Post
    We did self match in cwl ch1 tier....,it's true.
    Nice, it prove that sc do match champ1 clans randomly by server, not manually, lol
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

Millennial Club
    First of all, can you imagine how bored one would have to be to do this for a long time? If more then ten people would actually do this i would be really surprised.

But secondly, clans in the know would know it, the person doing the self matching would know it, so what would be the point? Besides proving this can be done.

certainly more then 10 clans doing it now
    https://www.clashofstats.com/clans/a...LPP80/members/

Engineered clan focused on crafting optimized bases

This post makes me think you don’t realize clans are already doing this and have been and have achieved big streaks doing so. This isn’t a discussion of a potential problem, it is a current problem.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    This post makes me think you donít realize clans are already doing this and have been and have achieved big streaks doing so. This isnít a discussion of a potential problem, it is a current problem.
    Self-match is a problem because it requires little effort once you have your roster, just move bases, attack one base.

It becomes more of a problem in that it is faster to amass a large win-streak by doing so as every search will take under 30 minutes, and are completely immune to all game balance changes.

There was a 100+ win streak clan that lost their streak last month because they forgot to attack and I know of current self-match clans with 50-60 streak.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; June 11th, 2019 at 06:46 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

Forum Elder
    In under 3 years, you could be above the famous, or infamous GM streak.
    And all for the price of 182 barbs per year.
    Just remember to set the alarm clock every 2 days to drop that barb and move the other accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    In under 3 years, you could be above the famous, or infamous GM streak.
    And all for the price of 182 barbs per year.
    Just remember to set the alarm clock every 2 days to drop that barb and move the other accounts.
    Or just heroes
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked