Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Cwl medal distribution and mismatching.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    77

    Cwl medal distribution and mismatching.

    I read a thread saying that th 10s get matched with th 12s and there is no way to win against such a mismatch and so on. To this someone replied that if th 10s are in higher league and opponent th 12s are in same league then it means that those th 10s are highly skilled and those th 12s are unskilled and hence the match according to the league. The argument and the match making seems OK unless we discuss the rewards (the league medals). Cwl gives very powerful rewards that can help maxing out the bases and higher league gives more medals. But a th 10 can not go above a certain league no matter how skilled they are because eventually they will get mismatch and demoted to lower league. This shows that supercell wants us to be maxed th 12s if we want to reach the higher leagues. Now the question is why would a max th 12 want all those medals. Its already maxed. And the ones who needs those medals can not get more than a certain number. The conclusion is that supercell is favouring max th 12s right now, the ones who don't even need favour. Supercell is encouraging us to get max th 12s and putting obstacles in the path of lower th at the same time. It is very contradicting. Its like a boss telling his employees that he wants them to get rich but will not give em salaries. He will only give salaries to those who r already rich.... But nonetheless he wants them to be rich. 😂

  2. #2
    Forum Elder JohnnyPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    On the Meridian of Misery
    Posts
    2,190
    So you posted this in the "Ideas & Feature Requests" subforum. Your post sounds like more of a rant than an idea or a feature request. Do you have an idea or feature request to share with us?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    77
    Yeah sorry about that. It really sounds like a rant. But anyway, I do have an idea.
    The problem can be solved to some extent by making one simple rule. Fixing the number of particular th lvl u can have in a battle according to the league of the clan. For example : if a clan is in, let's say, crystal 2 league then there can be a rule that u cannot have more than 4 th 12s in your line up, 5 th 11s and so on( for 15v15 battle). You can have less than this but not more. Lower leagues like silver and gold can be for th 7,8,910. Now this is just an example to give the idea. The number of different th can vary and I leave the question of how many to supercell. Now there can be an argument that what if this hypothetical clan with 4 th12s and 5 th 11s wins and get promoted to Crystal 1. For crystal 1, the rule can be of 5 th 12, 7 th 11s (again just an example). But it will still be better than 4 th 12 up against 10 th 12s or 7 th 12s against 17 th 12s (like we are facing right now).
    Moreover, it will increase the importance of lower th lvls. Right now everybody just want to recruit max th 12s.
    It will also solve the problem of medals to some extent if not completely because now th 12 has to face another th 12 and win to get the rewards instead of just spamming edrags on th 10s and having the rewards. Similarly th 10s and 11s will have a better shot at winning if they are not fighting th 12 and hence worthy player can have the rewards.

    In the end, I just want to say that it's just an initial idea and it can have flaws. But we can overcome them step by step. Looking forward for a discussion.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    374
    this has been proposed before. at least limiting how many of a th level can be in what league

    why should anyone get to control what another clan brings to the table? what if your clan is in Gold 2 and has 2 th12s. A th11 wants to upgrade so tough luck. stay 11 or sit out, right? and your clan would all have to upgrade th levels in lock step with each other to maintain roster strength and this would be dictated by when the clan moved up cwl leagues

    so who is in control of your base? you? your clan leader (if that's not you)? supercell? some other clan that wants to throttle you to make it "fair" for them?

    there's a difference between equality of OPPORTUNITY (we all start with same tutorial and get exact same things for our villages) -- where talent dictates outcome. --and equality of OUTCOME (hold everyone else down to make it "fair" for me). i am in the first camp. you are in the second camp

    so my solution is if opponents are "better" than you (by whatever measure you ascertain "better") then you need to strive to better yourself to compete instead of trying to "level the playing field" by making rules to hold them back and lift you up artificially
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; June 5th, 2019 at 02:29 PM.

  5. #5
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    9,900
    Quote Originally Posted by spark09 View Post
    .....Fixing the number of particular th lvl u can have in a battle according to the league of the clan. For example : if a clan is in, let's say, crystal 2 league then there can be a rule that u cannot have more than 4 th 12s in your line up, 5 th 11s and so on( for 15v15 battle). You can have less than this but not more. Lower leagues like silver and gold can be for th 7,8,910. Now this is just an example to give the idea.
    ......
    Traditional wars are matched. They are totally disjunct wars with no relationship from one war to the next. Hence, matching.

    CWL is League play. Teams compete within a league which allows movement up or down tiers dependent of team performance. Forcing or restricting lineups would totally negate the league, and team movement concept.

    Using your example ... A clan has exactly 15 accounts, 4 TH12s, 5 TH11s, remainder mix of 10s, 9s and an TH8. We finish a season in CWL, were neither demoted, nor promoted. In the off-season one of our TH 11s went to 12 Now what? Are we kicked out of CWL until we kick a 12 and recruit an 11?

    Currently we have two. Leagues (15v15 and 30v30) with movement up and down tiers within those leagues. If any lineup restrictions are placed, then by definition you create n Leagues (2 per tier, one 15v15, the other 30v30) with no movement up nor down.
    Last edited by rowman; June 5th, 2019 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Corrected 30v typo

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    this has been proposed before. at least limiting how many of a th level can be in what league

    why should anyone get to control what another clan brings to the table? what if your clan is in Gold 2 and has 2 th12s. A th11 wants to upgrade so tough luck. stay 11 or sit out, right? and your clan would all have to upgrade th levels in lock step with each other to maintain roster strength and this would be dictated by when the clan moved up cwl leagues

    so who is in control of your base? you? your clan leader (if that's not you)? supercell? some other clan that wants to throttle you to make it "fair" for them?

    there's a difference between equality of OPPORTUNITY (we all start with same tutorial and get exact same things for our villages) -- where talent dictates outcome. --and equality of OUTCOME (hold everyone else down to make it "fair" for me). i am in the first camp. you are in the second camp

    so my solution is if opponents are "better" than you (by whatever measure you ascertain "better") then you need to strive to better yourself to compete instead of trying to "level the playing field" by making rules to hold them back and lift you up artificially
    This is exactly my question. Why supercell is so much worried about th 11s. Yeah you r right, he will not be able to upgrade unless his clan moves up the league or he finds another clan to play with. Now look at lower players. There is a th 9 in a clan in Crystal league and wants to play Cwl. But leader says, "buddy we only allow th 12s. So u farm ur base to max. No league medals for you." Tough luck eh. Now either he has to stay out or play with other clan which might allow him to play cwl(just little possibility). This is unfair. Everybody is worried that some th 11s or 12s will not be able to play. But what about th8s and 9s who are unable to play? I think every player is equally important because afterall these lower th are going to be 11s and 12s in future.( I am a th 11. Just telling because I don't want to give the idea that I am trying to keep others down to lift myself up artificially. I am playing cwl and lots of clan allow me to. Just want to improve the game. Speaking out of love for coc.)

    And about that equality of opportunity. Yes, a player starting 4 years ago, who is now th 12 got the same start as a player starting today. Everything was fine and no one complained. But then suddenly this format called cwl came up and the game play started saying that only higher th lvls will get the most valuable currency (league medals) and nothing for lower players because no will allow them to play or they will lose constantly to higher th lvls. Equality gone. Now please don't tell me that older players have devoted time in game so they can have some additional benefits and new players should work like older players did to reach their lvl because if that's the case, then when prices of walls went down, this should also have been done for older players only and new players should work like their seniors did.

    Better. Yeah, we should strive to be better but no matter how better I get, I cannot beat a th 12 with th 10. I think by better u mean to increase the th lvl and army lvl and defence and heroes. So basically you are saying, "you max ur base to highest th lvl available in the game at a particular time and then we will give you something you no longer need."

    In the end, I am sorry if u find anything offensive.
    Coc is love.

  7. #7
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,157
    Your idea would kill CWL for my clan, for example. We have 2 TH11 left, since others upgraded to TH12. So we would have to kick member (49/50 atm) to recruit Th11 and play CWL?
    It's not the recruiting that does worry me about your idea, it's kicking clanmember we like to play with and have around, just to use a function of the game.

    We allow our lower townhalls (9 and below) to head towards other clans that will let them attack in CWL and return to us afterwards without any questions. Either that, or they stay tuned for free 20% medals, without using a finger, or watching for their heroes to stay active for a week.
    And since we're currently at crystal I, we hardly have 'use' for TH9 and below, since most of our enemies aren't using them either. It's not about we're not willing to let them attack. It's that by using them in the rooster we lower our overall medals most likely (lower stars earned), while they hardly gain more medals (Hardly any stars earned, so not that many additional medals).

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Traditional wars are matched. They are totally disjunct wars with no relationship from one war to the next. Hence, matching.

    CWL is League play. Teams compete within a league which allows movement up or down tiers dependent of team performance. Forcing or restricting lineups would totally negate the league, and team movement concept.

    Using your example ... A clan has exactly 15 accounts, 4 TH12s, 5 TH11s, remainder mix of 10s, 9s and an TH8. We finish a season in CWL, were neither demoted, nor promoted. In the off-season one of our TH 11s went to 12 Now what? Are we kicked out of CWL until we kick a 12 and recruit an 11?

    Currently we have two. Leagues (15v15 and 20v20) with movement up and down tiers within those leagues. If any lineup restrictions are placed, then by definition you create n Leagues (2 per tier, one 15v15, the other 20v20) with no movement up nor down.
    Ummm... I couldn't completely understand this Msg. My bad. But I will answer for as much as I understood.

    Please clear what you mean by league and tier. You said 2 league 15v 15 and 20v 20. To me leagues are silver, gold, crystal etc etc. And we have two roster (15 v15 and 30v30*). Tier is may b the group of 8 competing clans.

    (using my example). I never said clan has 15 members. It may be a clan of 50 playing 15v15 roster( leaving out 35 lower players or may be registered with all 50 and shuffling players every battle). Now about your question. The answer is, no need to kick and no need to recruit. Just register in with 3 th 12s and use any two at a particular battle and shuffle between em each day. One th 12 has to stay out. Just like currently we have registered with 37 players and 7 stays out each battle and we shuffle between players( mainly shuffle th 10s). With the idea of restricted number of particular th lvl, the only change that will occur is that th 11 s and th 12s will also have to stay out for once in a while instead of just th 10s and 9s.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by spark09 View Post
    This is exactly my question. Why supercell is so much worried about th 11s.
    because sc wants to get people to 12 so they will go to 13 when it drops. it is a business and there is no money to be made in stagnating bases

    Yeah you r right, he will not be able to upgrade unless his clan moves up the league or he finds another clan to play with. Now look at lower players. There is a th 9 in a clan in Crystal league and wants to play Cwl. But leader says, "buddy we only allow th 12s. So u farm ur base to max. No league medals for you." Tough luck eh. Now either he has to stay out or play with other clan which might allow him to play cwl(just little possibility). This is unfair.
    to whom? the th9 who has not put in the time, skill, knowledge, and possibly money the th11s and 12s have? yeah. so unfair.

    put it this way. you work somewhere 2 years. you march in the owners office and say, "you have put more time in. you know more about the way this place operates. you have investment capital at stake. but it is unfair you get to play golf while i work minimum wage. the only thing fair is if i get to be boss and you work the assembly line."

    two things will happen. he will fall out of his chair laughing. he will fire you. not necessarily in that order.

    that is exactly what your little socialist equality of outcome idea proposes

    Everybody is worried that some th 11s or 12s will not be able to play. But what about th8s and 9s who are unable to play? I think every player is equally important because afterall these lower th are going to be 11s and 12s in future.
    ah yes. tee ball. everyone gets to bat. if you are out you still get to run the bases. everyone scores but no one keeps score. at the end of the game everyone gets an ice cream cone and a participation trophy

    ( I am a th 11. Just telling because I don't want to give the idea that I am trying to keep others down to lift myself up artificially. I am playing cwl and lots of clan allow me to. Just want to improve the game. Speaking out of love for coc.)
    ah. the benevolent socialist looking out for the "little guy" who can't look after himself. how will the game "improve" if you are penalized for success (being a th11/th12 no longer allowed to play) and rewarded for stagnation (a perma-max th9 who gets to play because he games the system)? sc doesn't make money off that. no money means no employees creating content. no money means no servers. no servers means no game. but you say this improves the game. sounds like a cuban or venezuelan business model to me

    And about that equality of opportunity. Yes, a player starting 4 years ago, who is now th 12 got the same start as a player starting today. Everything was fine and no one complained.
    no one complained?

    But then suddenly this format called cwl came up and the game play started saying that only higher th lvls will get the most valuable currency (league medals) and nothing for lower players because no will allow them to play or they will lose constantly to higher th lvls. Equality gone.
    no. lower players still have the opportunity to advance. that is like saying my team has the league mvp but he can't play because none of our opponents have the mvp. face it. some players are better than others. the best players get to play except in no-score participation trophy tee ball leagues

    Now please don't tell me that older players have devoted time in game so they can have some additional benefits and new players should work like older players did to reach their lvl
    don't tell me what arguments (positions) i can make. that seems to be how you operate tho. telling people who can or cannot do this that and the other out of "fairness" to you as you see it

    because if that's the case, then when prices of walls went down, this should also have been done for older players only and new players should work like their seniors did.
    yes. just like when gas prices drop only drivers of bmw's get the lower price and drivers of corolla's have to pay the high price

    Better. Yeah, we should strive to be better but no matter how better I get, I cannot beat a th 12 with th 10.
    if you are th10, that's not "no matter how better i get". if you are a max 12 with the time invested to learn and skill set to execute attacks (as better as you can get) you will beat a th12. lots of them actually

    I think by better u mean to increase the th lvl and army lvl and defence and heroes. So basically you are saying, "you max ur base to highest th lvl available in the game at a particular time and then we will give you something you no longer need."
    yes. see above. i think that is most people's definition of "better"

    2nd half of that: "except new content in a new TH level that offers new challenges that these medals can help with"

    In the end, I am sorry if u find anything offensive.
    Coc is love.
    i'm not that thin skinned.

    coc may be love...

    ...but it's not socialism.
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; June 5th, 2019 at 07:16 PM.

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    77
    Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    Your idea would kill CWL for my clan, for example. We have 2 TH11 left, since others upgraded to TH12. So we would have to kick member (49/50 atm) to recruit Th11 and play CWL?
    It's not the recruiting that does worry me about your idea, it's kicking clanmember we like to play with and have around, just to use a function of the game.

    We allow our lower townhalls (9 and below) to head towards other clans that will let them attack in CWL and return to us afterwards without any questions. Either that, or they stay tuned for free 20% medals, without using a finger, or watching for their heroes to stay active for a week.
    And since we're currently at crystal I, we hardly have 'use' for TH9 and below, since most of our enemies aren't using them either. It's not about we're not willing to let them attack. It's that by using them in the rooster we lower our overall medals most likely (lower stars earned), while they hardly gain more medals (Hardly any stars earned, so not that many additional medals).
    First of all there will be leagues that would allow all th 12s like champ 1 and 2 or may b even champ 3. You can stay there. But if you are not that good and are in lower leagues, even then u need not kick members. Just ask some th 12s to find a clan that would allow them to play cwl (just like u asked th 9s in your other example) and u recruit some th 11s from global or from some other clan u might have contact with ( as u said recruiting does not bother you). Infact there is a way better chance that th 12 will easily find a clan to play with compared to th 9.

    And about that question of who we are willing to play with. Sir, everyone does not have friends with max th 12s. Some of us also have friends who are th 9s. And if you are suggesting us to part from them for 7 days, you should have no problem parting with your friends for 7 days. (meant no offence). And it's not even parting for 7 days. Just attack everyday and comeback (if u want to, purely optional ).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •