Page 70 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - June Update 2019 - Sneak Peek #1: The Research Potion

I made a post against the introduction of the research potion in a different thread awhile ago exactly because of this reason. Because there is only 1 research que at a fine then the potion is redundant with books and hammers. This means that they are mutually exclusive, 1 will have more value than the other. In this case, the books and hammers have drastically more value.

As for builder potions, they serve a different purpose. I think that builder potions should have slightly more value than books because their effect is spread out over multiple buildings instead of finishing one.

Taking these into account, 5 medals for research and 20 medals for builder potions would be good.

As for the cool down, this will have almost no effect on non maxed players and was a good way to prevent people from insta maxing.

However, if you think this is controversy, wait for OBS. Mark my words, there will be many people who will HATE supercell’s solution. I may be in this category, I do not know yet. However, OBS and the cool down are both good for the game and a year from now, we will all thank supercell.

Anybody remember how many people were upset when TH sniping was removed from the game? It was a necessary change and people eventually got over it.

This thread kinda reminds me of the pushback from that time. People are hating the hammer cooldown a lot I see, not surprisingly. But I reckon soon after this update is all said and done, the hammer cooldown will become a non issue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Randamus View Post
    Anybody remember how many people were upset when TH sniping was removed from the game? It was a necessary change and people eventually got over it.

This thread kinda reminds me of the pushback from that time. People are hating the hammer cooldown a lot I see, not surprisingly. But I reckon soon after this update is all said and done, the hammer cooldown will become a non issue as well.
    You’re probably right. eventually people will forget about it.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #694
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinwhit View Post
    I made a post against the introduction of the research potion in a different thread awhile ago exactly because of this reason. Because there is only 1 research que at a fine then the potion is redundant with books and hammers. This means that they are mutually exclusive, 1 will have more value than the other. In this case, the books and hammers have drastically more value.
    The biggest bottle neck in the game is the lab time.
    Hammers one one side and books / potions on the other I wouldn’t call redundant. Potions can speed up ongoing upgrades very useful for example when an upgrade is almost finished and your storages will be full soon and you want to start another upgrade. Books can also finish an ongoing upgrade but it isn’t worth it throwing a book at an upgrade which is almost done or 75% done.
    You would want to use a book to get the full upgrade time.
    A hammer cannot finish an ongoing upgrade and you need an idle lab to hammer an upgrade.

Personally I do think there’s a use for all these magic items whether it’s a book, hammer or potion for the lab. And all would be used in different situations circumstances. For example I’d be more inclined to use a hammer on an expensive DE lab upgrade just because it pays for the resources too and would use a book on the more essential elixir upgrades if I had a choice between the 2.

Sure if you compare buying them in the shop vs buying a hammer that’s one way of determine what’s more economical and quite a few people have been focusing on that comparison alone. Nevertheless chances are the potion will also show up in other places like the trader, CG rewards, event rewards, seasonal challenges etc. and hey if you get a few free potions while playing through the THs through the years it certainly shaves off lab time and gives a player a slight push. Personally I would be more inclined to buy a hammer from the medal shop but I wouldn’t pass up on a few free ones and would certainly use them when I can.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    The biggest bottle neck in the game is the lab time.
    Hammers one one side and books / potions on the other I wouldn’t call redundant. Potions can speed up ongoing upgrades very useful for example when an upgrade is almost finished and your storages will be full soon and you want to start another upgrade. Books can also finish an ongoing upgrade but it isn’t worth it throwing a book at an upgrade which is almost done or 75% done.
    You would want to use a book to get the full upgrade time.
    A hammer cannot finish an ongoing upgrade and you need an idle lab to hammer an upgrade.

Personally I do think there’s a use for all these magic items whether it’s a book, hammer or potion for the lab. And all would be used in different situations circumstances. For example I’d be more inclined to use a hammer on an expensive DE lab upgrade just because it pays for the resources too and would use a book on the more essential elixir upgrades if I had a choice between the 2.

Sure if you compare buying them in the shop vs buying a hammer that’s one way of determine what’s more economical and quite a few people have been focusing on that comparison alone. Nevertheless chances are the potion will also show up in other places like the trader, CG rewards, event rewards, seasonal challenges etc. and hey if you get a few free potions while playing through the THs through the years it certainly shaves off lab time and gives a player a slight push. Personally I would be more inclined to buy a hammer from the medal shop but I wouldn’t pass up on a few free ones and would certainly use them when I can.
    Thank you for bringing some reason to this thread. You actually sound quite reasonable unlike many posters here. I agree with your points.

Hammer nerf? 7 days is waaaay too much!!

Upgrade 1 level per war ... that means ... a two day cool down! The reason u r doing it .. is to avoid MAXING during a war, right? 7 days? Geez ... in 7 days I can earn the loot and use a book. The “time value” for the hammer is “nil”.

2 day cool down ... be fair!

Mikro jr, Top Chiefs (Perk Level 18)
    (WAR WINS 590, LOSS 90, TIE 10)

I just moved to th12 last month - timed it out so I had 800 in medals, Books of F, E, B plus all runes and got the gold pass. That gave me 3 more Books + Runes, but the most valuable was the 20% building and research discounts. I was able to get the TH, lab and all camps plus the the siege workshop (L1) online same day. The % discount meant i didnt have to build all my storages to max several troops with over 11M+ price tags (ED’s, Bowls & Witches). That may have been the most fun day of Clash in the 5 yrs i have been playing!! Now I can relax, have some troops to use vs all the new TH12’s that are parading by in my raiding queue and enjoy the game!

The sad part is I wont be able to do it again in the 14 mos or so that I take to max 12 and grind those white walls!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mikrojr View Post
    Upgrade 1 level per war ... that means ... a two day cool down! The reason u r doing it .. is to avoid MAXING during a war, right? 7 days? Geez ... in 7 days I can earn the loot and use a book. The “time value” for the hammer is “nil”.

There shouldnt be a cooldown time...but if they really want it, at least a maximum of 2 days.

Centennial Club
    The cool down on hammers isn't a big deal it's not like the price is going up or their use is being nerfed, the builder potion price increase is the real issue here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikrojr View Post

No.that means you can hammer 1, collect resources, then book 2, hammer 3. So in one week 3 upgrades. Whereas before you could hammer 1,2 collect resources book 3. Or you could hammer a hero and a spell or troop or building.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22