Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clash of Clans - June Update 2019 - Sneak Peek #1: The Research Potion

Hahahahahaha!!!

And here we go again... the old ‘bait and switch’ in full swing! Fun times ahead!

Ahh man, this was once a great little game.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboo1 View Post
    Excited about the research potion for sure, and the fact that training potions will be in the league shop. Not happy about builder potions costing more and cooldown on hammers though

Just for a bit of developmental transparency, we looked at it as more of a balance update to the costs of Potions in the League Shop. The Builder Potions at their current price of 10 Medals were by far and away the best value of any item in the shop. Just 10 Potions were worth more than any of the Hammers. One of the original suggestions was to remove the Builder Potion from the shop completely, but we realized this would be way too unpopular with the community. However, we couldn't keep the price at 10 Medals so increasing the price was the only option.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by GodlyMortal View Post
    Nice to know a cooldown is being implemented which only functions to slow down people’s progress when it was fine before. Now if they implement more hero levels F2Ps have to wait a week before another hero hammer when the entire point of the hammer is to reduce the time it takes.
    Well "before" there were no hammers so I'm not so sure about that. The cooldown on hammers mostly impacts max players hoarding medals, such as me. When th13 drops I planned to use them all instantly on hammers. Now I can't and although that negatively impacts me, it makes sense. It probably is good for the game.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

I see i guessed right with what type of potion the leaked picrure was.

Not a fan of the 7 day cool down for magic hammers though. I can only assume they are doing this to slow down the folks that blast threw update content.

On a side note glad they've started doing sneak peaks finally.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by fette View Post
    Hahahahahaha!!!

And here we go again... the old ‘bait and switch’ in full swing! Fun times ahead!

Ahh man, this was once a great little game.

Performing balancing changes is not a "bait and switch". It's a normal part of ongoing game development. As new features are added to the game, and as new content is released, other content needs to be adjusted accordingly.
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

Buyed today a magic hero hammer for new level of heros😂🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Just for a bit of developmental transparency, we looked at it as more of a balance update to the costs of Potions in the League Shop. The Builder Potions at their current price of 10 Medals were by far and away the best value of any item in the shop. Just 10 Potions were worth more than any of the Hammers. One of the original suggestions was to remove the Builder Potion from the shop completely, but we realized this would be way too unpopular with the community. However, we couldn't keep the price at 10 Medals so increasing the price was the only option.
    10 medals? Can I get a rebate because I have been paying 15 medals in my shop.

Doubling it to 30 is a pretty steep increase. I am prepared to forgive you if you actually fix the clouds though.
    'I would rather be lucky than good', as a small French chap once said.

cheers,finally research potion is coming.No. of medel rq to buy of builder potion increases🙁,damn SC

The hammer cooldown really sucks. If I've saved up my medals, why am I not allowed to spend them???
    Engineering is for woesies who don't have the patience and skill to max a base.

Thank you very much for letting us know that next sneak peek is coming on Thursday, really appreciate it!
    TH12 - 60/60/30