Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Set our own pricing for items

Set our own pricing for items

I am new to the forum and so I apologize if this topic has been previously asked and answered but I couldn’t find it when I searched for it.

My suggestion is this: would it be possible for you to make it possible for us to be able to permanently set our own price on items we like to sell? For example, I like to sell 10 wheat for 25 gold. This price seems to work well for me and moves it quickly out of my RSS; while at the same time getting me more money than the base price of 10 gold.

When I have posted an ad, I try to refill the sold crates as quickly as I can with replacement items before the crate with my ad is purchased and disappears. However, there seems to be no set “repetitive rhythm” to how quickly/slowly the gold counter goes up. So, I either under shoot my 25 gold target and land on 17 or it immediately maxes out to 36. So, it would be great if you could allow us to create “set pricing” so that when I list 10 wheat, it automatically know to list it for me for 25 gold.

Thanks,
    Melanie
    Last edited by MomofanAngel; June 4th, 2019 at 06:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MomofanAngel View Post
    I am new to the forum and so I apologize if this topic has been previously asked and answered but I couldn’t find it when I searched for it.

My suggestion is this: would it be possible for you to make it possible for us to be able to permanently set our own price on items we like to sell? For example, I like to sell 10 wheat for 25 gold. This price seems to work well for me and move it quickly out of my RSS while at the same time getting me more money than the base price of 10 gold. When I have posted an ad, I try to refill the sold crates as quickly as I can with replacement items before the crate with my ad is purchased disappears.

There seems to be no set “repetitive rhythm” to how quickly/slowly the counter goes up. So, I either under shoot my 25 gold target and land on 17 or it immediately maxes out to 36. So, it would be great if you could allow us to create set pricing so that when I list 10 wheat it automatically know to list it for me for 25 gold.

I don’t think you realise how much of a blessing it was when they added the insta min and max buttons!

just my thoughts
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

As a QoL suggestion it's not too major, though there are definitely way more urgent stuff that players would want at this stage. It's a minor change, but there are definitely some implementation details that need to be ironed out.

Would the game remember the custom price on a per farm per item basis, or as a percentage of the range of min-max pricing, and apply that across all items? What would be the reset mechanism, especially the interface? Would the custom pricings be stored server or client side - both methods lead to other issues.

Don't really see them moving forward with this, but doesn't hurt to request, i guess.

Pro Member
    I have always liked this idea. Even if it was something you had to set every day. OR if the game remembered what you sold your wheat for the last time.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

I feel like this is unnecessary. Everything sells at full price. Everything! So the max button is simply perfect.

There are much more important features that I would prefer Hay Day to work on....

Millennial Club
    I can imagine people putting something in their shop for 1 million coins and then waiting for Tom or Greg to buy it
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Survived the Scorched Earth challenge 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by MomofanAngel View Post

My suggestion is this: would it be possible for you to make it possible for us to be able to permanently set our own price on items we like to sell? For example, I like to sell 10 wheat for 25 gold. This price seems to work well for me and moves it quickly out of my RSS; while at the same time getting me more money than the base price of 10 gold.

When I have posted an ad, I try to refill the sold crates as quickly as I can with replacement items before the crate with my ad is purchased and disappears. However, there seems to be no set “repetitive rhythm” to how quickly/slowly the gold counter goes up. So, I either under shoot my 25 gold target and land on 17 or it immediately maxes out to 36. So, it would be great if you could allow us to create “set pricing” so that when I list 10 wheat, it automatically know to list it for me for 25 gold.

Thanks,
    Melanie

Hi Melanie

I’m not sure if you were playing before the ‘new’ pricing min/max was implemented, but I’m guessing not. It was a HUGE improvement after much debate! Obviously people had differing ideas of what would be ‘best’ and we ended up with what we have now and I guess it’s ‘good enough’ that it’s no longer at the top of many players ‘needs fixing’ list. Like you, I’d still prefer it to remember my ‘last sold at’ price as the ‘default’ on my farm, but I can live with it as it is.

The good news is, once your silo is bigger the Farm Visitors come & buy loads of wheat so you rarely need to put it in your RSS one crate at a time!

But at the moment wheat is flying out of my RSS at 36 if I’m trying to use it for an advert so I’d just go with max if I were you!

Quote Originally Posted by Connemara View Post
    I can imagine people putting something in their shop for 1 million coins and then waiting for Tom or Greg to buy it

I think she just means within the existing min/max prices.
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

[QUOTE=WussyPuss;12217076]I donít think you realise how much of a blessing it was when they added the insta min and max buttons!

Sounds like a waste of time. Plenty of other things can be done. Not that hard to put 25 up on the counter . .
    New fences gates, paths, haven't had new ones in years. New decorations not gold or stupid items but actual useable farm items.

Millennial Club
    [QUOTE=rockchickmom;12221498]
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    I don’t think you realise how much of a blessing it was when they added the insta min and max buttons!

Sounds like a waste of time. Plenty of other things can be done. Not that hard to put 25 up on the counter . .
    New fences gates, paths, haven't had new ones in years. New decorations not gold or stupid items but actual useable farm items.
    The addition of the min and max prices to the RSS was really useful, decorations are not more important.
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Survived the Scorched Earth challenge 2018.

[QUOTE=Connemara;12221504]
    Quote Originally Posted by rockchickmom View Post
    The addition of the min and max prices to the RSS was really useful, decorations are not more important.
    I LOVE Deco.

However, I agree totally, the min/max button was (finally! & despite it not making the default the price you sold at last time) one of the All Time Great minor tweaks!
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 159 (49 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)