Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diamonds mis-used in derby to secure first spot

Diamonds mis-used in derby to secure first spot

My neighborhood enjoy the weekly derbies and try to finish in the top three. We do not mind being beaten by other neighborhoods who play fairly, but when one or more neighborhoods use diamonds to finish all their tasks on the first day, thereby securing first place, it is very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Surely Hay Days can monitor this and then put all the neighborhoods using diamonds in the same group?

Millennial Club
    Using diamonds is a part of the game. You don’t know for sure how other neighbourhoods play. Have a look over in the Derby section and you will see plenty of posts like this plus explanations of how neighbourhoods manage to finish quickly.
    Last edited by Connemara; June 2nd, 2019 at 10:55 AM.
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Survived the Scorched Earth challenge 2018.

Even if they did use diamonds it is their right and they are playing fairly. I know how frustrating it can be to put a lot of effort into the derby and to not come out on top but the man hours you put in also translates to the money they spend on diamonds. So they deserve to win just as much as you do.

P.S. Diamonds sells pay the beautiful employees that make Hay Day run so personally I'm glad someone is using them.

Rhubi in Wonderland
    | Main Farm Level: 90 |136/144 | Rep Level: 20 | VM me
    Winter has come and gone

There is no such thing as “diamond misuse”. Anyone who makes in game purchases to buy diamonds or anyone who saves free diamonds to use in game is free to spend them how they please.

free diamonds and purchased diamonds are the same.

you can win without diamonds and you can lose with diamonds
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

One could counter-argue that you are misusing the derby by not using diamonds. Take a vote with the developers at SC and see which group they root for.

*they using diamonds to win. At least that's the idea. What would be the point of throwing in all the diamond people in the same group? They would just stop burning the diamonds when they realize they're all in the same group. SC would not want that.
    Last edited by Benjamin9632; June 3rd, 2019 at 10:11 AM.

I would not call it mis-use. I would however say that I feel it is wasting diamonds as the prizes for the top three are not that spectacular. IF however you were able to choose gnomes or scrolls as each one of your prizes then I might reconsider the neighborhood I am in. (just kidding)
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilshowers View Post
    My neighborhood enjoy the weekly derbies and try to finish in the top three. We do not mind being beaten by other neighborhoods who play fairly, but when one or more neighborhoods use diamonds to finish all their tasks on the first day, thereby securing first place, it is very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this? Surely Hay Days can monitor this and then put all the neighborhoods using diamonds in the same group?
    I agree that it ruins derby when the system injects at least 1 or 2 diamond blower teams into the competing 14 group. They can easily be identified most of the time by having an excessive number of first place trophies and finish derby by the second day. I fail to see the point of playing if you can just buy the trophy instead of actually earning it.
    Also the task board seems to be programmed to choke down the 320 appearances in the first days of derby in effort to make those particular teams to spend more money for more diamonds to pump the task board for 320 tasks. Later in the week the task board starts showing more 320s so that regular players can be complete their string of tasks but after the trophy chances are gone.

It would be fair if only the system was setup to group the diamond blowers separately from the derby player teams so we actually have a chance to win a trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I would not call it mis-use. I would however say that I feel it is wasting diamonds as the prizes for the top three are not that spectacular. IF however you were able to choose gnomes or scrolls as each one of your prizes then I might reconsider the neighborhood I am in. (just kidding)
    Some players love deco and would spend diamonds if those prizes occurred more often. Others need the expansion materials that are usually given as top 3 prizes. Most EMs would cost the user 8 diamonds for 1, if they chose to do buy them. On average a top 3 team could expect to get from 6 to 9 EMs. That would be approximately 48+ diamonds worth of EMs. So a pretty good value for some.

Although I will admit, I am hoping for new deco with the upcoming update, when it arrives. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by dtx725 View Post
    I agree that it ruins derby when the system injects at least 1 or 2 diamond blower teams into the competing 14 group. They can easily be identified most of the time by having an excessive number of first place trophies and finish derby by the second day. I fail to see the point of playing if you can just buy the trophy instead of actually earning it.
    Also the task board seems to be programmed to choke down the 320 appearances in the first days of derby in effort to make those particular teams to spend more money for more diamonds to pump the task board for 320 tasks. Later in the week the task board starts showing more 320s so that regular players can be complete their string of tasks but after the trophy chances are gone.

It would be fair if only the system was setup to group the diamond blowers separately from the derby player teams so we actually have a chance to win a trophy.
    I would care to differ with you on be being able to to identify those teams that take an early lead as “diamond blower”.

You would probably think that the team shown here in first place has spent loads of diamonds. This is MY NH. There are 3 of us playing, all doing blossom tasks. We each have spent only 5 diamonds to call 1 boat (for the orders task). We use a staggered trashing system on the board during a blossom derby. We also use a delayed start, and we communicate very well. We have NEVER used diamonds to refresh the board. So nope, no diamonds spent there, no matter how few and far between high point tasks are appearing.

Derby strategies have been long discussed on the forum. One only needs to be willing to try something different and see how it works for their NH.
    Level 156
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Attachment 213010

No diamonds here and no boats. We do not cheat derby time with diamonds... Just blossom derby strategy.
    16 opted in this week.

We are 18000 points ahead of our closest competition after 24 hrs and not a single diamond spent! We will buy the tenth task to secure our gold trophy. Why is it that we’ll strategized teams are always accused of spending massive amounts of diamonds?
    Leader Spirit’s Peace
    Competitve Champion League
    Now accepting new members​