Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Switching between trained armies

Fresh Spawn

Lightbulb Switching between trained armies [Before searching for attack]

So, Supercell has given us the ability to train two armies at once i.e. one goes to the army camp and the other gets lined up in the barracks.

Now, wouldn't it be great if we were allowed to switch between those two armies BEFORE SEARCHING for an attack, like instead of using the army which is in the army camp we could switch and use the army that is lined up in the barracks.

Please Supercell kindly give this a thought as it might be actually very helpful and much needed.
    Last edited by drishant; June 2nd, 2019 at 08:47 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    No, it wouldn't be great.

This gets suggested quite often, but would make attacking far too easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Fresh Spawn
    I don't understand how it would make attacking too easy. This has nothing to do with changing the attack.

Suppose I've trained an army for farming and have put troops to train for war attack. But, i've got only a few minutes left to attack in war so i can't use the farming troops for that. So, there can be an option to switch between the farming troops with the war attack troops, so that I can attack in the war and then after that use my farming troops.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by drishant View Post
    I don't understand how it would make attacking too easy. This has nothing to do with changing the attack.

Suppose I've trained an army for farming and have put troops to train for war attack. But, i've got only a few minutes left to attack in war so i can't use the farming troops for that. So, there can be an option to switch between the farming troops with the war attack troops, so that I can attack in the war and then after that use my farming troops.
    This falls under personal time management as you have 24 hours. And when he says it would make attacking too easy he is talking about raiding and he is correct. You could have a ground and an air army trained. You see a village to raid you want to attack and youd be able to choose which army would be better suited to use. This would make attacking too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by drishant View Post

They have the option to delete your current army which would resolve that issue if it happened. Maybe it's a waste of elixir but it would be your fault that happens because you have 1 full day to situate yourself and winning a war attack gets you the loot you lost back. So it's not really a full waste if you still profit off of it

Centennial Club
    I donít see the problem people have wjth the idea, itíd just make attacking more easier.

A lot of people say that it makes attacking easier which it does, but itís nothing game breaking. You still spend the same elixir to train multiple armies, you still abide by the housing space limits, and you can still only get one set of CC troops to work with per army.

It speeds up attacks, but it just make the game more convenient for players. All it does is just save time.Whatís wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultragamershiko View Post
    I don’t see the problem people have wjth the idea, it’d just make attacking more easier.

A lot of people say that it makes attacking easier which it does, but it’s nothing game breaking. You still spend the same elixir to train multiple armies, you still abide by the housing space limits, and you can still only get one set of CC troops to work with per army.

It speeds up attacks, but it just make the game more convenient for players. All it does is just save time.What’s wrong with that?
    And it gives every potential attacker looking at YOUR base a second option of how to destroy it.

Senior Member That Little Trophy's Avatar
    Belgium, a beautiful town. Here, you can find the best Fries, chocolate, beer and waffles ever!
    I like the idea, as long as you can't change the army WHILE searching for an opponent. If you can't, I don't see any advantages for attacks... Am I wrong?

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by That Little Trophy View Post
    I like the idea, as long as you can't change the army WHILE searching for an opponent. If you can't, I don't see any advantages for attacks... Am I wrong?
    Valid point here. Having the option to choose which army you want to use before you start a search would be fine i would think.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    And it gives every potential attacker looking at YOUR base a second option of how to destroy it.
    If is in War, it makes no difference. They can just dismantle their army, refund their resources not counting spells, and build the right one. Or just attack a different base and come back with a different army. Even then, a smart player will scout the bases BEFORE building the army.

In raids, Iíd doubt he meant switch armies at will.