Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defying the odds on the WoF

Defying the odds on the WoF

When there is a Land Permit on the WoF, I usually spin the wheel 50-70 times. The odds are I should get 1 Land Permit for every 12 spins. And that is usually what I get. If I spin 60 times, I get 5 Land Permits. This has actually seemed amazingly "regular", especially when considered in terms of real gambling. The one time I had two Land Permits on the Wheel, I received 11 or 12 from 60 spins. Again, amazingly regular.

Today, I did 70 spins on the WoF and received zero Land Permits! That was a lot of diamonds for nothing. I had a bunch of Star/Jackpot results, so I actually got about 76 spins. I got every other possible result multiple times. That absolutely defies the odds. Making me think there was something actually "wrong" with the WoF today. I don't think SuperCell would set it up so that the Land Permit result was unachievable, so I have to believe something went wrong technically. Maybe inserting the Land Permit space just didn't register somehow?

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I don't like to gamble so i never spin extra. But that sounds plain horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencheese View Post
    When there is a Land Permit on the WoF, I usually spin the wheel 50-70 times. The odds are I should get 1 Land Permit for every 12 spins. And that is usually what I get. If I spin 60 times, I get 5 Land Permits. This has actually seemed amazingly "regular", especially when considered in terms of real gambling. The one time I had two Land Permits on the Wheel, I received 11 or 12 from 60 spins. Again, amazingly regular.

Today, I did 70 spins on the WoF and received zero Land Permits! That was a lot of diamonds for nothing. I had a bunch of Star/Jackpot results, so I actually got about 76 spins. I got every other possible result multiple times. That absolutely defies the odds. Making me think there was something actually "wrong" with the WoF today. I don't think SuperCell would set it up so that the Land Permit result was unachievable, so I have to believe something went wrong technically. Maybe inserting the Land Permit space just didn't register somehow?

Anyone else have a similar experience?
    holy cow. I’m trying to deal with the fact that you spun 70 times!!! That is serious diamond use. I spun twice. Didn’t get the permit. I’ve never had two permits on my wheel when they held this event. I still have 7 plots to unlock......but it seems like the rigging is in, somehow. This event is a shameless diamond grab and you’d think if they were going to tempt players who really want permits to spend to get them, they could at least reward you with higher or reliable odds of getting it when you do !!!

My hoodmate got the permit on spin 1. Lol. So it wasn’t a technical malfunction, at least on hers. I’m sorry you didn’t get at least a few out of that spin-fest.
    Farm name: when doves cry
    level 151, town 53
    🌿🌿🌿🌿happy farming🌿🌿🌿🌿

Amazed at that many spins with no result. I only had 3 diamonds so I have to say I was lucky to get the scroll on the second spin. I only ever try 1 extra spin. I suppose I did gamble one third of my diamonds. I don’t feel any closer to opening any of the extra land though especially if you are expected to use diamonds to get there.

that is how probability works... I got a scroll on my first try....

Millennial Club
    The event board does say that you get one scroll on the wheel and a chance to win a second one.
    Started playing 27 September 2014
    #CYC0LGPY
    IT'S A GAME " an activity that one engages in for amusement.
    Survived the Scorched Earth challenge 2018.

I seldom take extra spins, however, I decided to blow a few on my baby farm

puzzle piece
    honey cake
    lemon cake
    Permit
    honey cake
    chocolate ice cream
    puzzle piece
    goat feed
    blt bagel
    honey cake
    chocolate ice cream
    fish sushi
    cream
    fish sushi

and then that got boring. The permit was next to the honey cake and goat feed, but then close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

i think the other permit events are better ones to take advantage of
    Last edited by WussyPuss; May 31st, 2019 at 10:29 PM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

I did not get a permit today.
    I would only buy another spin, and ONLY 1 spin if I won a permit on the first try.
    I did that once and won three permits ( it was not a scroll event wheel) I paid for a new spin and didn't get a permit so I quit.
    I am sorry you wasted so many diamonds and didn't get your desired result.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

I had to spin several times, using I think 36 diamonds, to get the first scroll. Then I got a second scroll on the following spin. On the one hand it’s more diamonds than I would choose to spend for 1, but not so bad overall for 2, and the diamonds did come from the recent boat event. There are 2 scrolls in my horseshoes when I collect them from the current derby which means I’ll need another 2 to unlock my next piece of land. After that I’ll have 6 pieces of land left to unlock, which I don’t consider too bad and I don’t need it desperately. I do very much prefer the scroll boat events though as they don’t require diamond usage.

I didnt realize an event was going on before i read this post so i don't remember what i got when i spun but I'm pretty sure I'd remember getting a land permit. However i just spun on my baby farm and i got one on the first spin. So this might be an isolated event however I do mourn the loss of your diamonds. If we could sell permits I'd happly give mine to you. (I dont really care about expanding.)

Rhubi in Wonderland
    | Main Farm Level: 90 |136/144 | Rep Level: 20 | VM me
    Winter has come and gone