Thread: How long has a player been inactive?

Fresh Spawn

How long has a player been inactive?

Our hood seems to be full of players who have not logged in for ages. How can I tell? If we could have a way of checking the time since they last logged in or similar, that would help us decide if we should kick them out of the hood.

I would love for Hay Day to show inactive farms, not just in our neighborhood but on our friends list as well.
    In the neighborhood anyone who has a zero score on the derby board on Wednesday night they get opted out of the next derby. Then I visit every farm every day. I see if they have machines running, I check on their animals, if everything looks dormant I check for two more days. If there is no change I ask in the chat "Has anyone seen ______" if there isn't an answer from the farm in question within a day I kick them out.
    Heart in Hands
    Silver chicken on a purple heart.
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

I've always thought a "weed" showing up near the NH house for farms inactive 4+ weeks would be a good idea....

You kick out people for not playing five days ? Or five weeks ? Do you ever think they might take a break to study for exams or have something better to do with their lives ? Sometime life hits you
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayfield View Post
    I would love for Hay Day to show inactive farms, not just in our neighborhood but on our friends list as well.
    In the neighborhood anyone who has a zero score on the derby board on Wednesday night they get opted out of the next derby. Then I visit every farm every day. I see if they have machines running, I check on their animals, if everything looks dormant I check for two more days. If there is no change I ask in the chat "Has anyone seen ______" if there isn't an answer from the farm in question within a day I kick them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympius View Post
    You kick out people for not playing five days ? Or five weeks ? Do you ever think they might take a break to study for exams or have something better to do with their lives ? Sometime life hits you
    I understand that yes, life hits you. That is why communication is vital when you are part of a team.
    It just takes a few minutes to jump on say "Hey the next two weeks are going to be busy." "Hey sorry I tanked the derby for you guys". ANYTHING to let someone know what is going on. But yes, after two weeks of no communication I assume you have moved on from Hay Day.
    You might think that is harsh, but I think not communicating with your team mates is rude. Not everyone is a good fit for every team.
    For the record I think knowing when a farm has been inactive for 2-3 weeks would be perfect.
    Last edited by Hayfield; May 29th, 2019 at 08:08 PM.
    Heart in Hands
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

Game is old, and there would be a huge number of dead accounts by now. Having the NHs appearing more "filled" makes the whole hay day world seem busier and more attractive to new players. What's the upside to SC for implementing this?

I love the weed idea! That is the best.
    We can check a farm as to how many truck deliveries they do in a day, I would think the game could tell us if the farm bad been visited by its owner. It would be helpful.
    * Level 99 Farm named Terri Bug Acres. * Jyn's Ranch is the name of my baby farm-2019
    * Silo and Barn ... always striving to upgrade
    * I my Neighborhood!
    * Favorites: Fishing Event, Blossom Derby, my farm bunnies, my Orchard, and filling town orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin9632 View Post
    Game is old, and there would be a huge number of dead accounts by now. Having the NHs appearing more "filled" makes the whole hay day world seem busier and more attractive to new players. What's the upside to SC for implementing this?
    I think it would actually make joining neighborhoods more attractive if you were able to see how many dormant farms were in the neighborhood before joining. Players would be able to find more active hoods, for many players being part of an active team makes the game more enjoyable. Joining neighborhood after neighborhood and finding no one there can make a search for a good place seem too difficult. No one in the "looking for a neighborhood" thread ever post that they are looking for a inactive neighborhood.
    Heart in Hands
    Tag #8OU9VOOV
    Mother Hen
    Tag#LVQYJVPC

I would also like to see if a farm in the neighbourhood is inactive. With farmers on many different time zones you can miss players for days. We use the opt out of the derby option in our neighbourhood ..... any farmer not wishing to join in the derby opts out.

But saying this even farmers not playing in the actual derby are important to the neighbourhood as they can generate helps, help out with other farmers tasks and keep an active town.

absent farmers can become a nuisance, every couple of months if I think we have absent farmers I remove them, it would be great to know they are definitely absent though.

Absent farmers are not only a nuisance in a neighborhood, they also are on the friend list. I wish that, now that I have 248 friends, that there was an easy method to remove the completely inactive friends and make space for new friends.