Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walls

Walls are defense structure. Then how I imagine better first have etc all 12 walls , later 13. Not have 11 and 13..

Well as far as effective goes, the maxed walls take a siege longer to break, so that could be an advantage.

Cost-wise the only thing that would make a difference is the 20% reduction from gold pass: When 20% is active, do the lvl13, after that back to lvl12.

Visually I would always go for all to level 12, as seeing a base with all white walls looks better then 3 styles mixed.

Personally, as a maxer, I went to TH 12 with all walls maxed for my TH 11 base. Upgrading walls I did different from most as well: When farming, I only poured loot into a wall piece once my storage was nearing max. That way I could always be sure I had enough loot for the next upgrade. Now my upgrades take 2 weeks a piece, I do use my loot a bit earlier.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Currently I have 64 lvl 13 walls and the rest are lvl 11.
    Yes, I've ignored walls a lot.
    Currently I am just taking 1 wall segment to lvl 12, then to lvl 13, rather than all of them to lvl 12 then to 13.
    Which way is more efficient (faster & more economical): Upgrading one piece at a time as I'm currently doing, or take all walls to lvl 12 1st, then to lvl 13?
    As of right now I average 2 lvl 12 walls and 1 lvl 13 wall per day.
    Thanks!
    Assuming game will have no change in walls price, the answer to your question (faster & more economical) is: no difference.
    But as other said, if you look at defensive benefit, (ww usage on your base) you should max wall piece and then move to next one.

Just keep in mind that if faster and economical is what you aim for you should always assume prices will go down and then it might be wise to go one lvl after the other for all walls. Last time the prices were cut for end game walls, it was by 50%. The lava walls dropped from 4mil to 2 mil and the 2 mil walls of th9 dropped to 1 mil. So those who maxed each wall piece before moving to next piece "lost" or "did not enjoy" the 50% discount (2mil per lava wall) that he maxed already.
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

from a def point of view you should upgrade all to 12 and then start on lvl13.. otherwise you will week points in your base with lvl 11 walls.

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Currently I have 64 lvl 13 walls and the rest are lvl 11.
    Yes, I've ignored walls a lot.
    Currently I am just taking 1 wall segment to lvl 12, then to lvl 13, rather than all of them to lvl 12 then to 13.
    Which way is more efficient (faster & more economical): Upgrading one piece at a time as I'm currently doing, or take all walls to lvl 12 1st, then to lvl 13?
    As of right now I average 2 lvl 12 walls and 1 lvl 13 wall per day.
    Thanks!
    The most efficient way is the way that will get your resources below cap every time you log off. i.e. the way that gives you flexibility to spend as many different amounts as possible.

If you have only Level 13 walls, you can only spend 5 million

If you have a combination of level 11-13 walls you can spend

2M, 4M, 5M on the individual wall segments, but you can also spend 2+4, 2+5 and 4+5 million, giving you more flexibility.

Of course, if you have the GoldPass, you get a 10-20% discount on everything, but the flexibility calculations still hold.

Spend the Wall Rings the first few weeks of a season (or on the Builder Base, where resources are more valuable)

In short; the most efficient way to upgrade walls, is the way that limits the amount that can be stolen from you as much as possible.

/Affront
    TH12-63/64/35|BH9-16.16.16.18.16.17.18.16.18.18.5/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting

Key for me was what ever broke up the monotony... walls can be a real grind for some people. Running them to max and just doing one pass around the base would have worked better for me. In my minis at TH9 I always did two upgrades on one wall segment at once.

Troll Food
    Lol, this got me laughing

If you do not mind the color and wall difference take them up one level at a time, otherwise it will cost the exact same amount regardless of what you do