Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How about new Village Terrain skins?

How about new Village Terrain skins?

Why I am submitting this:
    I am submitting this idea because I am tired of the same old background for clash of clans, and I am sure others are too. I want things to be spiced up to a different level where we focus on the terrain instead of an endless buff & nerf gameplay for an update.

What the idea is:
    Yes, there are new heroes skin customized now but why not customize the background as well? between different templates provided by Supercell, whether it be in goldpass or unlocked by what level/townhall you are.

We all know this template:

But why not use this terrain as well?

I am sure you all get the idea. I would personally get the gold pass every month for a theme & skin just because I am so tired of the same old design.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Im all for new terrain, but frankly, from all three examples you provided, the green grass looks the best, and I wouldnt personally choose the other two over it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterEdy View Post
    I’m all for new terrain, but frankly, from all three examples you provided, the green grass looks the best, and I wouldn’t personally choose the other two over it.
    Guess those just are examples of templates used in the game already.
    Should be pretty easy to implement new ones tho. Most of the codes should already be there and it's only a 2D-image that would replace another one with only one frame worth of textures.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    I'd like to see new terrain, too, as long as the borders remain the same to differentiate between the villages. Some different colors would be nice as would the ability to display the clan banner in the background.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 18 - 641 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Fan Content Policy

Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    Should be pretty easy to implement new ones tho. Most of the codes should already be there and it's only a 2D-image that would replace another one with only one frame worth of textures.
    Imagine winter terrain, spring terrain with flower jungle, hellish terrain, or tropical island terrain would be cool.
    The idea are endless!

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devata87 View Post
    Imagine winter terrain, spring terrain with flower jungle, hellish terrain, or tropical island terrain would be cool.
    The idea are endless!
    Like I said - Id love to see new ones, just not those we see in-game at the moment. I agree that the winter theme could see major improvement for example.

@OP: how about you present us with your ideas about which templates youd like to see with a bit of PS or Paint work?
    Last edited by MasterEdy; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:40 PM.

I see this coming with the proceeding 3D-rendering in the game. I‘m looking forward to the Tattoine-Playground with igloo-shaped buildings, the king‘s Darth Vader skin and a Laya-queen. (Can‘t imagine the costs

This is interesting! I like the tropical theme wherein your village looks like an island with a boat going to your other village. Instead of forest on the edge, it is and endless shore lines with some palm and umbrella beach. Summer feels!!
    Last edited by DeeZone; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeZone View Post
    This is interesting! I like the tropical theme wherein your village looks like an island with a boat going to your other village. Instead of forest on the edge, it is and endless shore lines with some palm and umbrella beach. Summer feels!!
    It's so refreshing to see something different.
    I know supercell can do it flawlessly

Forum Veteran
    I wouldnt care one way or another as long as the skin only affects the outer border and beyond. The main base area where we can place buildings should be the same colour for every player. Some defenses are difficult enough to find already and the last thing I need is to have a different eyetest every attack to try and find them.