Thread: How to support player development?

Improvements to friendly challenges

As the clash of clans world championships are awaiting as horizon I feel like some issues with player's ability to practise should be addressed.

The best way to practise attacking are friendly challenges. This feature offers players a way to get most hits in in the shortest period of time and gives them a chance to fix and try new things multiple times in a row on the same base and perhaps gives them deeper knowledge on what works for that type of bases or how troops behave etc. However there are some flaws in this great feature and by fixing those sc could boost player development, activity in clans and overall clash experience for all players. I'll list the flaws below and give my suggestion on how I would fix them.

I also divided them to attacking and defending to make it more clear.

Flaws on attacker side:
    1. Flexibility. As it currently stands you are forced to use the army in your army camps and the cc troops you have in your own cc as an attacker. Unless you are in a competitive clan with external communication app in use, you can't properly plan ahead of time or ask your clan mates to come online for fcs with the exact base you want to attack with that exact army you have cooked. What I mean by this is that you can't really switch your army easily or adapt to the base you are hitting. As we all know the higher th lvl you are the more complexity there is in the attacks and generic armies are less and less effective in terms of 3 star attacks. Not all strategies work anymore on every base and if you are trying to practise a new attack strategy it can be very demoralising as it may not work on the x base that the y clan mate is posting. In this instance you could try switching up some parts of army like spells, troops or cc troops / siege machine but this takes time and resources from either yourself or clan mates and after that the clan mate y may already have moved on with his day and you are left there wondering what to do with the army.

2. Time. Cooking the troops and possibly waiting for the right cc troops can take a lot of time. It could take up to a day before you can do fcs in case your clan doesn't have many th 12s or they aren't around the same time zone with you. Also as explained above switching army can also be a struggle. This can take a lot of time away from farming for instance and therefore players that aren't maxed may not be willing to test out new strategies or cook new armies that they may not be able to successfully use in war without practise.

So my solution for these 2 problems on the attackers side would be implementing similar system for troop cooking for fcs that there is for builder base attacks where you cook the troops without time and resource penalty inside the attack or in scout mode. Also the attacker would be able to pick cc troops and possible siege machine the same way. There should be an option where the attacker opt to use their own cc troops in cases where they don't have access to max cc troops in wars for example and want to have more realistic practise The game would also remember the last army you used so people wouldn't have to click through the same things over and over again. Also being able to attack your own base would be great in case these things would be too big / heavy to implement. In that case there should be an option to pick defensive cc troops to get a realistic attack.

Defense:
    Currently if defender doesn't just want to watch the defender probably has cc troops that are either fitted for the attack defender is practising or uses for farming or doesn't have cc troops at all. This means that the attacker doesn't get a realistic view on how well the attack is actually working since proper defensive cc troops make a big difference. Solution for this problem depends on the changes to the attacking side. In the best case scenario these troops would be picked when posting the fc and game would remember the last choice that was used.

Positives: Would truly make fcs available for everyone and boost player development and encourage them to test out new strats. Also having new things to do and test out could keep up player interest to the game for a longer period of time. This would also boost activity in clan when players can practise attacking between their farm attacks.

Negatives: dunno how hard it would be to program and how heavy it would be too implement.
    Last edited by YodaOfClash; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YodaOfClash View Post
    Negatives: dunno how hard it would be to program and how heavy it would be too implement.
    Shouldn't be too hard to implement, I guess. Troop-selection already has a code and one should be able to split it for fc-only. Selecting a def-CC 'should' be able to implement as part of the donation-system.

Free troops for fc, while the attacker, or defender could choose own cc and defs cc for some testing.
    Honestly I'd be all game with such a feature.

Agree 100%, F.C. need a big buff.

Certainly this has been suggested and should continue to be. I've never seen anyone make the point that troop selection prior to attack is already in place in builder base. I also agree with your point on this helping out younger bases who are not always willing or time permitted to FC a new untested army. Having maxed my heroes earlier this year I am much more willing and able to try new things than I was as an early 12 or th 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    If they could implement a family clan feature, allowing movement between2 clans without the leave and get accepted system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We WOULD like to create some kind of "social network" to provide support systems to Clan families. It's been something on the discussion table before, but hasn't really moved beyond that.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM2U View Post
    Agree 100%, F.C. need a big buff.

Certainly this has been suggested and should continue to be. I've never seen anyone make the point that troop selection prior to attack is already in place in builder base. I also agree with your point on this helping out younger bases who are not always willing or time permitted to FC a new untested army. Having maxed my heroes earlier this year I am much more willing and able to try new things than I was as an early 12 or th 11.
    Yep. Especially in those th lvls the armies start requiring the attacker to take less generic army and adapt it by the base layout. The risk of wasting a lot of resources such as de and time is big.

Also from more selfish perspective this would be my preferred way to waste time between farm raids lol

Centennial Club
    I love this idea, especially being able to attack your own bases. In smaller clans where you might be the top guy this still provides viable practice without moving to a different clan.

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveDream View Post
    I love this idea, especially being able to attack your own bases. In smaller clans where you might be the top guy this still provides viable practice without moving to a different clan.
    As long the 24h cooldown does remain, why not? But guess such an idea would promote doing things on your own, instead of working with your mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    As long the 24h cooldown does remain, why not? But guess such an idea would promote doing things on your own, instead of working with your mates.
    Yep it has it's pros and cons but highly doubt it'll ever come to the game for this exact reason