Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: A Definitive Guide to Heroes and Walls: When to go to the Next Town Hall Level

  1. #21
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6
    In my mind, players don’t necessarily play the game with the end goal of th12 in the forefront of their mind. I think a lot of players like to upgrade from, say, th9 to th10 when they feel like they can have a decently competative offense and defense. They are focused more on the immediate future instead of the endgame. I tried to structure the guide around players who have finished defenses and are trying to get a feel for how well they have set themselves up for the next level. Th12 is a long way off for most, and I wanted to give insight into how well certain hero and wall levels would work when up against higher level defenses at the next town hall level. This is probably more relevant for more casual, first base players. I don’t know how many check out the forums, but this is something I’ve always seen kicked around a bit and something I’ve had questions about in the past, so I decided to post this guide for those types of players. In hindsight, I probably should have called it the casual player’s guide to walls and heroes lol.

  2. #22
    Forum Veteran MajorJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1,845
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Even for first time players, though, some of that maxer advice is not good unless the player wants to stick at a certain hall for a long time for war or something. The "definitive" advice isn't accurate for what is actually best for most. It isn't better for maxing out th12 the fastest, is just plain bad for CWL and isn't all that helpful for regular war.
    For first time players it would be best to max at every TH because they need the experience of war. It's worse to rush to TH12 because you want to be TH12 and have no clue, but many are impatient and want it now.
    Last edited by MajorJohnson; May 25th, 2019 at 05:19 PM.
    Engineered for success---Engineered to win---Winning is life---Tiger Blood

    Supercell enforcing fair play? Let's stop Self-Match Clans https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...left-unchecked

  3. #23
    Senior Member zeldagod14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Hyrule kingdom
    Posts
    370
    Man, I wish I had this when starting out. Noobs, if you are having trouble, come here to learn everything you need to know. Great guide. Couldnít have said it better myself!

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    Loot at TH9 is the best, TH10 is second best, so Hyper-Rushing as you describe is slower when you are starved for loot.
    10 nopes.
    loot at th10 is at least 50% better than th9.
    hint 1: DE. hint 2: fatter dead bases

  5. #25
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreyfish View Post
    10 nopes.
    loot at th10 is at least 50% better than th9.
    hint 1: DE. hint 2: fatter dead bases
    I have to agree on that one.
    The loot is nicer as TH10 and since you can start using sieges, you can dive deeper into bases, even as medicore attacker.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    For first time players it would be best to max at every TH because they need the experience of war. It's worse to rush to TH12 because you want to be TH12 and have no clue, but many are impatient and want it now.
    That advice then would be "max everything" and wouldn't take much of a guide I mostly agree, actually, other than I don't think there is harm in skipping part of th7 to get to th8 since the attack strategies are similar and I don't think it helps to sit around at th8 maxing walls while wasting elixir since the attack strategies at th9 are pretty different. Once you have the basic funnel down at th8, I wouldn't waste elixir (and definitely wouldn't waste dark) just to max those walls.
    Last edited by 2222; May 26th, 2019 at 01:38 PM.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

  7. #27
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That advice then would be "max everything" and wouldn't take much of a guide I mostly agree, actually, other than I don't think there is harm in skipping part of th7 to get to th8 since the attack strategies are similar and I don't think it helps to sit around at th8 maxing walls while wasting elixir since the attack strategies at th9 are pretty different. Once you have the basic funnel down at th8, I wouldn't waste elixir (and definitely wouldn't waste dark) just to max those walls.
    TH8 to TH9 was the only time I wasn't maxed labwise. Just couldn't handle wasting DE that would be of use for the queen.
    Don't regret that in hindsight and would do it again anytime.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    TH8 to TH9 was the only time I wasn't maxed labwise. Just couldn't handle wasting DE that would be of use for the queen.
    Don't regret that in hindsight and would do it again anytime.
    if you do make another account, skip th9 completely. just get to th10 asap and max out from there.
    if you dont, you will regret it even more haha

  9. #29
    Millennial Club Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreyfish View Post
    if you do make another account, skip th9 completely. just get to th10 asap and max out from there.
    if you dont, you will regret it even more haha
    Well, I'd do some things another way than back then.
    That was way before clangames, magical items, cwl and whatnot.

  10. #30
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,225
    Man that was long....some valid points and some invalid points. Here what I recommend (and am doing with my 3rd account...TH9 currently) in order to get to TH12 as quickly as possible. I have 2 TH12 (1 max except walls....1 new TH12).

    Th1-8 - use nothing but goblins and max everything (it's really easy...takes 1-2 months).
    TH8 - Max Heros and DE...walls don't really matter too much...but if you are going to max the lab...then max walls.
    Th9 - Max Heros and the DE you plan on using. There are 3 strategies:
    1. Use miners/Hogs/Valks. This will serve you well until TH12...though some are using those at TH12. For spells max Heals, Freezes
    2. Use Air. This is the best as so many TH9/TH10 have their xbows for ground (why???). Plus laloonian variations are the best farming comps. There are solid air comps for 3 stars at TH12. For spells max rage, haste, freeze, bats
    3. Bowlers/witch. Solid 2 star with possible 3 star at every TH levle. For spells max rage, freeze, clone, jump

    I'm using a combination of 2 and 3 to give me more variety with my war attacks at TH10/Th11....also as it takes longer for defenses to max for each TH. My Air is already max to TH9 (except lava hounds)....but my Def is halfway...I'm waiting for my DE troops until my heros are at L20. (except for hammers for troops)

    Th10-Th12....I'm doing this based off my selection at TH9 and sticking with it. Once at TH12...I'll start to max everything else once my core is done.

    In a nutshell:
    Max Heros
    Max Def
    Max troops based on TH9 selection.

    Walls don't matter really past TH9.
    Last edited by pb913; May 27th, 2019 at 02:57 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •