Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Definitive Guide to Heroes and Walls: When to go to the Next Town Hall Level

Quote Originally Posted by Laser314 View Post
    I would agree with this. Maybe definitive wasn’t the best word to use lol. I tried to base it off a player who generally finishes defenses and then confronts the hero/wall question with the intent of casual war. I know there are other base upgrading strategies as well as personal preference and this guide does not give definitive advice for those gameplay styles. Thanks for the insight!
    It's a very nice guide for casual / first time players. Us old timers with mutliple accounts tend to get into religious disputes over the "best" way to do things. Noc is a very good rusher. I'm not. I like to have lots of different toys at each level so I'd get bored hyper rushing.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    It's a very nice guide for casual / first time players. Us old timers with mutliple accounts tend to get into religious disputes over the "best" way to do things. Noc is a very good rusher. I'm not. I like to have lots of different toys at each level so I'd get bored hyper rushing.
    But what is hyper rushing though? You know, sometimes I watch these clash youtubers and I'm really blown away by all the little things they do and say. I like many of them for entertainment and are very enthusiastic about the game!
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Quote Originally Posted by MajorJohnson View Post
    But what is hyper rushing though? You know, sometimes I watch these clash youtubers and I'm really blown away by all the little things they do and say. I like many of them for entertainment and are very enthusiastic about the game!
    I’ve blogged and posted videos on hyper-rushes several times in the past, and I will run a new one starting next month.

There are different styles of rushing, some good, some not so good. The best kind is strategic rushing - it works well because it is carefully planned. You pause along the way to complete certain upgrades that make you more competitive. This includes both defense and offense.

Hyper-rushing turns all that on its ear. In a hyper-rush, you have one goal - get to the top TH/BH level as quickly as possible. You drop everything new and only upgrade what you absolutely must before upgrading the TH/BH. That usually means farming troops, storages, Lab, army camps, and CC. All other troops, defenses, and resource buildings wait until the end. Doing this will get you to the topmost level fast.

This is not for the faint of heart, of course, and not something I would recommend for one’s main game. It’s good to know what you’re doing - be an experienced attacker - if you’re going to hyper-rush. You will be raided twice daily and usually 3-starred, so you don’t really save resources - you raid for what you need, start upgrades, then you sign off. Pushing, clan wars...not really a focus. In my most recent hyper-rush, I built a fully deployed TH12 in about 2 months’ time and it was completely F2P save for buying the, “One Time Kingly Offer” which I used to get my other Builders. You can do it even faster now with the additional cost/timer reductions SC made.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.

A good effort post. I will be upgrading my main account to Th11 with 40/30 heroes and mini account with 30/30 heroes.

to the OP, whether its for a casual/serious player, or maxxer/rusher, it is NEVER advisable to max out the king or walls at th7 or 8. that will slow a guy down massively.
    and you shouldnt put the word 'definite' in the title
    Last edited by Kreyfish; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Nice guide, but youíre coming from more of a maxing mentality. Strategic rushing is much faster and would not max walls or heroes in this fashion.

The key to deciding when to upgrade what - be it walls, heroes, defense, or even resource buildings - is to decide first what kind of game you want to play. Walls are only important for classic Clan Wars - thereís no other aspect of the game that pushes for wall upgrades. Hero levels...you want the ability but after that it becomes more a matter of using DE for important troops first, then upgrading the heroes. Again...unless classic CWs are your thing, in which case you will want to work on heroes earlier.

I am a heavy rusher. IĎve done a full on max at each level through TH9 (IMHO, walls are just too expensive after that), and Iíve hyper-rushed a game from zero to TH12 with all L1 walls, defenses, and heroes. The decision for each style of progress - each RATE of progress - is entirely dependent on the goals of the player and, largely, personal preferences. I would neither follow, nor recommend anyone follow, this guide simply because it is a fit for you and maybe not a fit for someone else. Itís always good to share your ideas of how to play the game, though, especially if you can provide your reasoning as well, so others can take it in and use those ideas to formulate their own plan.
    i guess his post was directed more towards first timers who just started. then in that case, strategic rushing isnt really recommended.
    but then again, most casuals wont check the forums haha

on a separate note, you think walls are too expensive to max after th9? i prefer to hyper rush to th10, then max/nearly max out th10,11,12 respectively, since i do find the loot at 10 > 11 > 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreyfish View Post
    i guess his post was directed more towards first timers who just started. then in that case, strategic rushing isnt really recommended.
    but then again, most casuals wont check the forums haha

on a separate note, you think walls are too expensive to max after th9? i prefer to hyper rush to th10, then max/nearly max out th10,11,12 respectively, since i do find the loot at 10 > 11 > 12.
    Even for first time players, though, some of that maxer advice is not good unless the player wants to stick at a certain hall for a long time for war or something. The "definitive" advice isn't accurate for what is actually best for most. It isn't better for maxing out th12 the fastest, is just plain bad for CWL and isn't all that helpful for regular war.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. Main clouds thread here. My tips/thoughts on Legends here. My suggested legends changes found here. Although now I expect we will just wait for project blue skies. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin94 View Post
    Nice guide

Two important things:
    • Clan games unlock at TH6
    • Season challenges unlock at TH7

Maybe consider rushing a bit if you are active, know basic things like funneling and don't care about other people calling you rushed. I even rushed to th9 with all my accounts to start the hero grind early. Barch is everything you need for farming. I would not recommend to rush further tho. It takes a loooong time to fix a rushed th10+ and it's very frustrating not to be able to participate in clan war.
    and the trader unlocks at 8. there's no reason to waste time maxing at anything below 8. Rush to 8, then max if you like maxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    I’ve blogged and posted videos on hyper-rushes several times in the past, and I will run a new one starting next month.

There are different styles of rushing, some good, some not so good. The best kind is strategic rushing - it works well because it is carefully planned. You pause along the way to complete certain upgrades that make you more competitive. This includes both defense and offense.

Hyper-rushing turns all that on its ear. In a hyper-rush, you have one goal - get to the top TH/BH level as quickly as possible. You drop everything new and only upgrade what you absolutely must before upgrading the TH/BH. That usually means farming troops, storages, Lab, army camps, and CC. All other troops, defenses, and resource buildings wait until the end. Doing this will get you to the topmost level fast.

This is not for the faint of heart, of course, and not something I would recommend for one’s main game. It’s good to know what you’re doing - be an experienced attacker - if you’re going to hyper-rush. You will be raided twice daily and usually 3-starred, so you don’t really save resources - you raid for what you need, start upgrades, then you sign off. Pushing, clan wars...not really a focus. In my most recent hyper-rush, I built a fully deployed TH12 in about 2 months’ time and it was completely F2P save for buying the, “One Time Kingly Offer” which I used to get my other Builders. You can do it even faster now with the additional cost/timer reductions SC made.
    Loot at TH9 is the best, TH10 is second best, so Hyper-Rushing as you describe is slower when you are starved for loot.

Fastest way? Get to TH9 asap, unlock barch, max walls with defense as second priority, Go to TH10, max walls and most defense, then go to TH12.

It would take me a little longer to get to TH12 but are always in war. Star bonus and being raided doesn't matter when you farm 30 mil gold and 30 mil elixir a day.
    Engineered for success
    Engineered to win
    Winning is life
    Tiger blood

Centennial Club
    There are really 3 solid ways to advance in the game and which one you do all depends on what you want from the account and how you want to play.

1. Strategic rushing- noc is an expert on this but it basically consists of maxing 1 farming army, 1 war army, camps, storages, some heavy defenses and getting heroes to a somewhat respectable level before upgrading. This makes sure that you are not offensively outmatched because you have an army maxed out for both farming and warring. However, you will not have much flexibility because you can only use 1 strat. This is the best for cwl and for maxing an account as fast as possible.

2. Efficient maxing- this is when you max your base for your th until you are wasting resources and time. So for instance, instead of staying at th8 and maxing walls while wasting builder time, elixer and dark, you go to th9 once you have no use for a resource. This is the middle ground between rushing and maxing and is good for all but the most hardcore war players.

3. Total max- this is when you max out every troop, building, wall and hero before moving to the next th. This is probably the most inefficient way to play but it allows you to experience the full potential of that th before moving up. Only recommended for minis or hardcore war players.