Thread: Moat/ditch

Moat/ditch

I suggest sc add a moat or maybe a ditch would simply slow a troops progression through the base

Features:
    Will slow troops down a percentage

Example if a troop runs over it it will slow it down to about 25% or 50% pending on the troop

Centennial Club
    historically a moat was a means to stop siege engines from approaching/undermining walls. it could fit in the game (wallwrecker cannot cross). make it a 2x2 structure and you get 5 at th10 and 5 more each level after 10 so you can't block a whole side or circle the whole base with them. they would be beneficial to guard the usual wrecker drop spots or make wrecker change its path to the th

ground troops (even miners) have to go around moat pieces except hogs can jump them, golems can wade thru them, jump spell works over them and they can be crossed when frozen

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    historically a moat was a means to stop siege engines from approaching/undermining walls. it could fit in the game (wallwrecker cannot cross). make it a 2x2 structure and you get 5 at th10 and 5 more each level after 10 so you can't block a whole side or circle the whole base with them. they would be beneficial to guard the usual wrecker drop spots or make wrecker change its path to the th

ground troops (even miners) have to go around moat pieces except hogs can jump them, golems can wade thru them, jump spell works over them and they can be crossed when frozen
    I'm not sure if I agree with this. The wall wrecker is purely line-of-sight, meaning it goes straight for the town hall regardless of what's in its path. It doesn't go around objects, it doesn't take detours, it just heads straight for the town hall and anything in the way gets destroyed. So a moat would completely change its pathing behavior and its entire intended purpose.
    https://forum-content.supercell.com/signaturepics/sigpic1628699_2.gif
    | TH11 | BK 40 | AQ 42 | GW 12 |

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    I'm not sure if I agree with this. The wall wrecker is purely line-of-sight, meaning it goes straight for the town hall regardless of what's in its path. It doesn't go around objects, it doesn't take detours, it just heads straight for the town hall and anything in the way gets destroyed. So a moat would completely change its pathing behavior and its entire intended purpose.
    kind of like real life

the vector path of wrecker is also sketchy. idk if it was part of a balance patch about 10 days ago or if it was just noticeable in our last war but wrecker kept shuffling sideways from line of sight between drop and th. not just my attacks but was very noticeable on a clan mate's attack. it wound up on a vector about 3 to 4 tiles to the side of drop point as it avoided taking out an inferno in the original path. this may have been so it could hit a wall square instead of with its corner. if so the ability to adjust the path and revector path around a moat is already in the code

it wouldn't make wreckers obsolete butl the strategy would adapt like real life. siege gave attackers advantage. moat (ditch) negated advantage. siege modified to undermine walls at backslope of ditch to gain advantage. ditch filled with water. back and forth

the game is already offensively geared as it should be. but giving defense a little love won't make wreckers obsolete. players would adapt strategies

just like real life
    Last edited by HonoraryGoblin; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HonoraryGoblin View Post
    kind of like real life

the vector path of wrecker is also sketchy. idk if it was part of a balance patch about 10 days ago or if it was just noticeable in our last war but wrecker kept shuffling sideways from line of sight between drop and th. not just my attacks but was very noticeable on a clan mate's attack. it wound up on a vector about 3 to 4 tiles to the side of drop point as it avoided taking out an inferno in the original path. this may have been so it could hit a wall square instead of with its corner. if so the ability to adjust the path and revector path around a moat is already in the code

it wouldn't make wreckers obsolete butl the strategy would adapt like real life. siege gave attackers advantage. moat (ditch) negated advantage. siege modified to undermine walls at backslope of ditch to gain advantage. ditch filled with water. back and forth

the game is already offensively geared as it should be. but giving defense a little love won't make wreckers obsolete. players would adapt strategies

just like real life
    If I had 15 of these at th12, I could make my three infernos and my eagle invulnerable to the wrecker. Careful bomb placement and you can funnel troops right around the ditches into death traps. It could very easily kill off ground attacks at 12 which would make it easier to defend air ones. It's an interesting idea but I don't feel like th12 needs a buff to defense.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

I think this is a th 13 idea.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleC View Post
    I think this is a th 13 idea.
    I agree, sounds like an excellent idea for a future update.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    Maybe have a slowing effect on the seige machine so as to not stop it completely so that it wouldnt be a too buff defense against it and it still can take the path it wants without diversion