Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I just can't seem to find dead bases anymore with my th12

I didn't find farming in crystal worked well for me when I went to 12 in March. I floated up to high masters, low champs. Used miners for a while then drag bat for farming. I definitely have to use full armies, machine and cc troops. Even dead 12s are no pushover with the giga.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    There are "dead 12s", but I believe the only thing you are mainly experiencing is probabilities. Now that you are a 12, the system wants to match you to another 12. I believe that the ratio of live bases to dead bases that are 12s is likely less than the ratio of dead 10s and 11s ...

a) Someone quit the game 18 months ago, their base is inactive. They would not be a 12! As people drop out adding to the supply of "deads", their base is stagnated at that level forever. TH 12 has simply not been around as long as TH11s and 10s.
    b) With magic items, Gold Pass, Medals, etc., there are more people getting to TH 12 everyday. That is, they are by definition, active players. Of course their base is not dead.

So one should reasonably expect that the ratio of live to dead to always be "thinnest at the top", which at this time, is TH 12.
    I agree with Rowman, upgrading to th12 makes it much harder to farm dead bases. You are more likely to match th11s and th12s and those are less likely to be dead. Most players that quit do so before th11 and definitely before th12. There are some, but not nearly as many as when you were finding th10s.

However, it still is pretty easy to farm at th12. On my second account I was farming as a new th12 from silver through masters easily with barch, goblins, anything really. It got very boring so I moved up to titans and low legends with it and attack with queen walk into dragoon. It is an easy attack that is always 1-2 stars and it is very easy to have 5 builders working even with spending all of my CWL medals on builder boosts.
    Contact SC here. Click here to see how trophies are calculated. I'm still thinking starting the "new" legends at Legends2 at 5500 and having Legends3 be for 5000-5499 would be good (with season resets to 5000 and 5500 depending on your trophies at season end) but overall I LOVE the Legends change. Thanks SC.

Forum Elder
    Its an unfortunate growing pain IMO. and Ill echo the others who suggested to start hitting live bases. as a TH12 any league is your oyster (provided you have not rushed mightily) the bonuses north of Champs 2 start making a LOT of bases WAY MORE attractive for the 'same work'.

Ill get broken record here and keep belting out that: "The same bases exist in EVERY LEAGUE" except the higher you go the more active folks are. you find more maxed bases you tend to encounter fewer Zombie bases in the que. that's basically it, only the league bonuses help cover for the "lack of dead bases". I like to recommend Titan 3 as a starting point for TH12 farmers. early to late. its a good landing spot with guard/bonuses. there are plenty of TH11s to bully around and enough weaker rushed TH12s to get on as well.

No one said you have to go full on WAR army, but if you do, then climb higher and get better rewards for your work. a lot of the time bonuses cover the army costs anyhow so any loot pilfered is pure profit. and as others may have stated (or maybe it was another similar type thread) you get good practice attacking if you climb towards Titans (Legends if you can stomach the cloudy weather).

just something to think about. you farm how you like cause YMMV.

Clash on.

Fresh Spawn
    Well I was at 3800 trophies and the loot bonus etc was great. But it just wasnt fast enough so i thought id hit dead bases. But i guess at th12 that isnt an option :/.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by CedrikH View Post
    Well I was at 3800 trophies and the loot bonus etc was great. But it just wasnt fast enough so i thought id hit dead bases. But i guess at th12 that isnt an option :/.
    Whenever youíre the highest TH in the game things slow down dramatically.
    TH10s now have it super easy with loots but when I was TH10 ages ago it was very similar to your TH12 experience now because at the time it was the highest TH.

When TH11 was released it was the same thing so I started camping out in Titan 2and havenít left since. Sure it isnít quite as fast but you also donít need as many raids. Between good loots to be found on live bases and bonus which adds up the long build times cause you not to need that many raids in a day.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Whenever youíre the highest TH in the game things slow down dramatically.
    TH10s now have it super easy with loots but when I was TH10 ages ago it was very similar to your TH12 experience now because at the time it was the highest TH.

When TH11 was released it was the same thing so I started camping out in Titan 2and havenít left since. Sure it isnít quite as fast but you also donít need as many raids. Between good loots to be found on live bases and bonus which adds up the long build times cause you not to need that many raids in a day.
    Couldnít agree more with this!

I still quite remember my TH10 times with my main, and now with the gold pass? One month after I upgraded to TH10 and Iím half way through. Iím expecting to hit TH12 by the end of summer

As for where to farm, I too reached Titan before I hit that upgrade button to TH11 and havenít left since, except when I went down to do unbreakable. Iím happy with the bonuses and loot provided. Also, bases are hard to beat which teaches a lot.
    Last edited by MasterEdy; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CedrikH View Post
    Well, i could yeah. But it is very slow , because for example E-Drags take a lot longer to train compared to Barch and live bases mostly dont have that much loot.
    Maybe if you spent less time relying on dead bases you would realise there ways to attack with cheap strong armies, eg lava loonian
    COC: Working on TH12 Clash Profile

For months I've been looting dead bases with my TH12 in the 2000-3000 cup range. Loot hasn't been easier for me. 400k-600k of gold & elixir in pumps around the perimeter is all I need. Drop a couple giants, followed by 3 goblins per pump. I'm in & out in under a minute. It's been extremely rare that I have to next more than 50 times to find one of these bases. However, I've found that certain times of day/night have less dead bases, probably because more players are active at those times.

My only guess for your issue is that you're only active at the same time as the rest of the world, or you're holding out for 1M bases while passing the 400k-600k bases.

Fresh Spawn
    I though the same, in combination with clan games.
    I am also fresh th12 and stuck with low loot bases.
    As TH11 I found a lot of dead th11 in high crystal en low master, but now nothing, fresh raided dead bases with no loot of active bases with also no loot.

So I am goining back to champion to look if there is better loot.
    The army is a cheap miner army,

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    Maybe if you spent less time relying on dead bases you would realise there ways to attack with cheap strong armies, eg lava loonian
    Before i dropped i relied on live bases. Yes they can be cheap. But it is a lot slower . On th10 with boosted barracks i have full storages in one hour no problem (attacking dead bases), with th12 that seems impossible because the armies take longer to train and are more expensive .