Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Raiding of other farms from the Events Panel

Raiding of other farms from the Events Panel

I keep hearing about farms raiding unsuspecting farms having picked up their farm name from the events panel

this does not seem morally right, as you complete the fishing event 150lbs and then you find all these stranger farms are raiding your shop and pinching your helps

is this a new game play, thanks
    Fat Finger Farm - Leader - Creative Fat Farm - #U0CRCQV
    Level 131, Town Level 43, 135 / 141 Achievements

Clash of Clans - Fat Kitty Stars - Fatfinger TH7 - Leader

no it is not new it's been since for ever it
    is way to easy to hop to farms so if you do not want unwanted visitors then you need to skip events.

It has long been a source of frustration and an unwanted back door way of accessing random farms.

having a higher minimum threshold has thwarted some of it and this is relatively new
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Want to see something really morally reprehensible then take a look at hayday discord and their "shopping channel" where they get to brag about their haul and congratulate each other...sure they post regular finds too but, global raiding is a "thing" as they gleefully discuss the coin they've accrued especially for any upcoming globals and the "shopping spree" to come.

Then again, this is also the platform where warning against infected farms trading out here on the trading thread with unsuspecting farmers is seen as something that only merits "a suggestion being made to admin"... As opposed to something to be strongly discouraged against and the ignorant being educated.
    Because it really is that serious!

I nearly messaged nick after I left discord in disgust but, you can't teach this kinda stuff. You either gottit, or you don't. And if you have an "anything goes" attitude then, yeah, this is a... "new style of game play".
    Kik: Stinky_and_The_Brain
    Recruitment Thread:https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0#post12058790
    Hay Day Farmers (Adult Only/16+) Discord:https://discord.gg/JVp9rtN

cant agree more and also left that discord

There has been a hate on the recent contributors back door for a long time, if you search you’ll find half a dozen grievance threads about it. The worst in my opinion is the town events because you serve off townies intermittently which exposes your shop basically all day. With fishing, I just make sure I sell out or tell my neighbors to buy up before I go into my lake !

To make matters worse there is also a known glitch / lag in the amount of time it takes for some who follows your farm to actually show up on your follower list to be deleted. So someone can sneak into your farm, uninvited, and then follow you, which means the door stays open for hours without you being able to do anything about it.

Thank you for your advice. I asked because I see it being discussed and find it totally wrong

surely HD can change the game to stop it, thanks
    Last edited by Fatfinger; May 27th, 2019 at 06:02 AM.
    Fat Finger Farm - Leader - Creative Fat Farm - #U0CRCQV
    Level 131, Town Level 43, 135 / 141 Achievements

Clash of Clans - Fat Kitty Stars - Fatfinger TH7 - Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfinger View Post
    Thank you for your advice. I asked because I see it being discussed with glee on discord and find it totally wrong

surely HD can change the game to stop it.

am being stupid but what what do you mean wuzzypuss about being a higher minimum threashold , thanks
    It used to be that you only needed to get to the 2nd personal goal to have access to the recent and global contributors tabs. More recent global events require you to get to the 2nd to last

edit... this event requires the 3rd threshold

i tuned in as well and was floored that it was a celebrated “event”
    Last edited by WussyPuss; May 24th, 2019 at 03:27 PM.
    Farm 140
    CoC TH11 BhB9 AQ 50 BK 50 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181
    Thank you everyone for informing us that there are some farmers who take enthusiastic shopping to the next level, a dark path I don't want to explore at this time.

---
    Lynn
    May 24, 2019
    What the hell?
    The L bunny is elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel.
    Yet many farms heard recently the toll of the bell.
    Thank you so much sweet Supercell.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...cussion-Thread

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Thank you everyone for informing us that there are some farmers who take enthusiastic shopping to the next level, a dark path I don't want to explore at this time.

---
    Lynn
    May 24, 2019
    You have to see to believe, the culture that is rife in there.

Surprising, given the prominence they'd been afforded by being promoted by SC/Hayday.

Imo they are denigrating the brand and image of hayday... I was told in the server that I was being "dramatic and judgemental" for calling a couple of players out for trading whilst KNOWINGLY being infected and cos they think they have the bot second guessed lol
    Smart enough to have allegedly figured how to circumvent bots but not smart enough to get a handle on resource management? Go figure.

THEN, we have global events being treated as opportunity to access shops uninvited.

What type of message are they sending all the noobs that join? Instead of a supportive environment, as here, where experienced players advise on how to make coin, grow, and learn resource management... They are being shown approbation for exploiting a loophole. Where they get to post screenshots of their haul.

I truly see no difference between their attitude, and bots. Both are exploitative. Both demonstrate a lack of remorse and conscience and decency. Both are motivated by greed.

I know trading isn't supported by SC but surely anyone right thinking would advocate to avoid trading whilst infected, in the strongest terms possible?

I also know that if something is in your shop, it's obviously for sale BUT where "enterprising shoppers" manage to gain access to shops NOT in the DD you'd think normalising and celebrating finds by posting about it in a dedicated channel would also be frowned upon.

But hey... Maybe mosta can come n explain what I'm clearly missing... Since so far, the silence out here, at any rate, has been deafening!
    Kik: Stinky_and_The_Brain
    Recruitment Thread:https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0#post12058790
    Hay Day Farmers (Adult Only/16+) Discord:https://discord.gg/JVp9rtN