Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Raiding of other farms from the Events Panel

Quote Originally Posted by udderly View Post
    You have to see to believe, the culture that is rife in there.

Surprising, given the prominence they'd been afforded by being promoted by SC/Hayday.

Imo they are denigrating the brand and image of hayday... I was told in the server that I was being "dramatic and judgemental" for calling a couple of players out for trading whilst KNOWINGLY being infected and cos they think they have the bot second guessed lol
    Smart enough to have allegedly figured how to circumvent bots but not smart enough to get a handle on resource management? Go figure.

THEN, we have global events being treated as opportunity to access shops uninvited.

What type of message are they sending all the noobs that join? Instead of a supportive environment, as here, where experienced players advise on how to make coin, grow, and learn resource management... They are being shown approbation for exploiting a loophole. Where they get to post screenshots of their haul.

I truly see no difference between their attitude, and bots. Both are exploitative. Both demonstrate a lack of remorse and conscience and decency. Both are motivated by greed.

I know trading isn't supported by SC but surely anyone right thinking would advocate to avoid trading whilst infected, in the strongest terms possible?

I also know that if something is in your shop, it's obviously for sale BUT where "enterprising shoppers" manage to gain access to shops NOT in the DD you'd think normalising and celebrating finds by posting about it in a dedicated channel would also be frowned upon.

But hey... Maybe mosta can come n explain what I'm clearly missing... Since so far, the silence out here, at any rate, has been deafening!

As always, udderly, thank you for your (extensive) thoughts and insight

after all of the pleas over the years to have this loophole closed, this... I am speechless
    Farm 139
    CoC TH11 BhB8 maxed and waiting for 9 AQ 50 BK 46 GW 20
    established level 16 clan seeking willing warriors, donators and clan games enthusiasts

Need a Siege Machine/Donate a Siege Machine...

Sorry wussy, i did go on a bit there didn't I? lolol...

*goes back to collecting gnomes and salivating over decos*

Kik: Stinky_and_The_Brain
    Recruitment Thread:https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0#post12058790
    Hay Day Farmers (Adult Only/16+) Discord:https://discord.gg/JVp9rtN

Thank you Udderly for explaining what has been happening on discord. I had been wondering about joining that but will not be doing so now. It is not how I play Hay Day.

Farm Level 170. Town 51. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    Thank you Udderly for explaining what has been happening on discord. I had been wondering about joining that but will not be doing so now. It is not how I play Hay Day.
    I surely do not play like that either. The ONLY thing I have ever used the recent/top contributor list for was to add someone as a friend. Not even to follow them, but to actually send a friend request. And that was so long ago, I didn’t even know these lists were a problem then.

I took a look at discord earlier. There is a separate channel called ‘global-shopping-pics’.

The idea of purposely raiding, for me, is wrong on so many levels. This is not Clash of Clans, where raiding IS the game.

I am hoping that this issue will be addressed, soon.
    Level 156
    Achievement 144/144 (24 Apr 2019)
    Be kind. 🤗

Interestingly this practice is encouraged by the discord mods, even going so far as to explain the term with their #faq channel

It would be interesting to see Nick’s take on this. Can anyone send him a direct link to this thread?
    ROB MY CHARLATAN PLEASE KIK/MSG ME xx

Level 155 (45 Town)
    KIK: SmallChange2015
    🇬🇧 GMT+1. Trade with existing GC or Farm Tags (No FB)

^^^ nick can't do much even if he were pointed here tbh. It's not within his remit to impart a conscience to those that lack it... And they aren't breaking any SC rules... Those are the facts...

Mosta - I know you'll get to see this message to you...

I remember when you came here to the forums anytime discord was mentioned and how tirelessly you worked to promote your server, using the forum as one of your platforms.

Back then when you were touting for members you were not as reticent about showing up here but, now, I geddit... I really do... You're a busy server owner and don't need to ansa to anyone.

So yeah, why should you care what a bunch of people on a, now quiet, forum have to say? You've broken no rules. Ignoring us is the best ansa, amiright?
    Who cares if you lose members like me, fifio, and anyone else that just stops posting in disgust... No big deal. Lots more where we came from... Right? I totally geddit... Your server is a reflection of you... Makes sense

Warning to any forumite traders reading that use the trade thread - guys, stick to using trusteds only, for your own safety
    Last edited by udderly; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:58 PM.
    Kik: Stinky_and_The_Brain
    Recruitment Thread:https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...0#post12058790
    Hay Day Farmers (Adult Only/16+) Discord:https://discord.gg/JVp9rtN

Hi everyone, I’m Almosta, the owner of the Hay Day Discord server.

We do indeed have many members who participate in global shopping and upon user request we added a channel to post pics of successful “raids”. We often add and try out new channels by user request and we keep them if they’re used regularly.

Whether anyone judges global shopping to be right or wrong, whether it’s a part of your personal playing style or not, it is a part of the game and does not break any rules. There have been complaints about this “back door” for as long as I can remember. Until the team decides to change it, it’s just another part of the game that each player can decide to utilize or not.

As far as my server actively condoning or encouraging global shopping, we absolutely provide information and advice about it as we do on many other aspects of the game. The content of my server is based on what the community does, asks about, and requests. We do not allow any exchanges of information that break the Terms of Service. The server has been promoted on social media, in game, as well as here on this forum. Nick himself is a member there. I’m sure that if there was a problem with anything going on they would be sure to let us know.

Thanks everyone, I hope this helps.

Almosta

Quote Originally Posted by udderly View Post
    ^^^ nick can't do much even if he were pointed here tbh. It's not within his remit to impart a conscience to those that lack it... And they aren't breaking any SC rules... Those are the facts...

Mosta - I know you'll get to see this message to you...

I remember when you came here to the forums anytime discord was mentioned and how tirelessly you worked to promote your server, using the forum as one of your platforms.

Back then when you were touting for members you were not as reticent about showing up here but, now, I geddit... I really do... You're a busy server owner and don't need to ansa to anyone.

So yeah, why should you care what a bunch of people on a, now quiet, forum have to say? You've broken no rules. Ignoring us is the best ansa, amiright?
    Who cares if you lose members like me, fifio, and anyone else that just stops posting in disgust... No big deal. Lots more where we came from... Right? I totally geddit... Your server is a reflection of you... Makes sense

Warning to any forumite traders reading that use the trade thread - guys, stick to using trusteds only, for your own safety
    I know Nick can’t do much, but if he chose to he could TRY to get the loopholes closed for us.

Agree with the rest of your post.

I used to love trading, apart from the fact that it makes upgrading easier, obviously, I loved meeting new people & making new friends. I also loved helping lower level farms out, but it’s just become a nightmare now. Too much hassle & risk so I try to only trade with existing friends, it’s such a shame as I miss meeting new people.

Level 155 (45 Town)

Quote Originally Posted by Almosta View Post
    Hi everyone, I’m Almosta, the owner of the Hay Day Discord server.

We do indeed have many members who participate in global shopping and upon user request we added a channel to post pics of successful “raids”. We often add and try out new channels by user request and we keep them if they’re used regularly.

Whether anyone judges global shopping to be right or wrong, whether it’s a part of your personal playing style or not, it is a part of the game and does not break any rules. There have been complaints about this “back door” for as long as I can remember. Until the team decides to change it, it’s just another part of the game that each player can decide to utilize or not.

As far as my server actively condoning or encouraging global shopping, we absolutely provide information and advice about it as we do on many other aspects of the game. The content of my server is based on what the community does, asks about, and requests. We do not allow any exchanges of information that break the Terms of Service. The server has been promoted on social media, in game, as well as here on this forum. Nick himself is a member there. I’m sure that if there was a problem with anything going on they would be sure to let us know.

Thanks everyone, I hope this helps.

Almosta
    Raiding, or ‘Global shopping’ as you call it 🙄 might not be against the ‘T&C’ but they’re certainly not ‘part of them game’ or ‘in the spirit of the game’

I really don’t understand people who do this kind of thing in HD. HD was a nice farming/resource management game, why do people have to destroy that? The vast majority of games out there are set up to do stuff like that, why not play those games instead and leave people alone who just want to play a nice game where you treat people decently, share stuff with friends, neighbours and passers-by in need of the odd thing and make friends? Why would you set out to destroy that?

Level 155 (45 Town)