Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The ability to see past versions of your base

Fresh Spawn

The ability to see past versions of your base

I think itd be very interesting to see where you started, for the long time players of Clash Of Clans I think wed all appreciate it. Maybe even a list of what you upgraded in order or time stamps of old versions of your base. For example you have the ability to see a timeline of from when you first downloaded the game to the present, and you could click on a date and see how your base looked that month or year even. Itd be a new and cool feature to the game
    Last edited by FlowSBI; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:40 PM.

I would like to see this implemented as well just for the nostalgia feel and see how much progress ive made through the years

The game updates constantly, so keeping data from the past may not be good on the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    The game updates constantly, so keeping data from the past may not be good on the servers.
    Maybe as like a stand alone app that you sync your village to, and would also solve the problem ive seen countless post about "help i let someone log onto my account to show them somthing and now ive lost access" as you can show them your village on that app without any info being traded

Forum Elder
    Do a screen grab every so often.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Do a screen grab every so often.
    Thats easy to say now but for people who have been playing for multiple years who have gotten new phones and lost old data.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowSBI View Post
    Thats easy to say now but for people who have been playing for multiple years who have gotten new phones and lost old data.
    That's the thing, Clash of Clans has over 500 million downloads from the Play Store alone. SuperCell has mentioned before they don't want to add unnecessary things in the game that takes up memory, example being more regional flags. Remember that when an update happens, it's likely that replays on raids you or the person that attacked you won't be available because that data was wiped out. So if things that are recent don't last long, the stuff you did a while back most likely won't stay in the company's database for the users to access.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowSBI View Post
    That’s easy to say now but for people who have been playing for multiple years who have gotten new phones and lost old data.
    There are so many photo storage options. What do you usually do you your best photos?

Would be interesting, but if enacted, predict many would be then extremely dissatisfied. Why? They can only recreate records that they actually keep. So I suspect if enacted today, we could then look back to today, but never any point prior. Does anyone believe they currently retain transactional history forever?
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    Would be interesting, but if enacted, predict many would be then extremely dissatisfied. Why? They can only recreate records that they actually keep. So I suspect if enacted today, we could then look back to today, but never any point prior. Does anyone believe they currently retain transactional history forever?
    I did think of this being a problem but since SC stores everything on servers im sure they have the base history of all accounts in the game