Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The ability to see past versions of your base

Quote Originally Posted by IceBird1 View Post
    That's the thing, Clash of Clans has over 500 million downloads from the Play Store alone. SuperCell has mentioned before they don't want to add unnecessary things in the game that takes up memory, example being more regional flags. Remember that when an update happens, it's likely that replays on raids you or the person that attacked you won't be available because that data was wiped out. So if things that are recent don't last long, the stuff you did a while back most likely won't stay in the company's database for the users to access.
    I proposed a standalone app like a museum where i can access my previous versions after i input my info it could be called the COC museum

Quote Originally Posted by Kylec345 View Post
    I did think of this being a problem but since SC stores everything on servers im sure they have the base history of all accounts in the game
    You may be correct, but I myself doudt they have that much history data. All indications are they have a database engine as the back-end. Dbs do not have infinite transactional history space. Typically, you only need to keep transaction history since the last full db backup. Then you can restore the db via a db restore, followed by applying transactional records.

It is a game, not a financial system. I very strongly doubt if they apply much more time and cost for archiving transaction history then what is only absolutely neccessary for a game,
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:20 PM.
    Boom! Aimlessly adrift within the archapeligo
    Clash! ​Adult PuddleHop
    #PR2P0R0C

Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    You may be correct, but I myself doudt they have that much history data. All indications are they have a database engine as the back-end. Dbs do not have infinite transactional history space. Typically, you only need to keep transaction history since the last full db backup. Then you can restore the db via a db restore, followed by applying transactional records.

It is a game, not a financial system. I very strongly doubt if they apply much more time and cost for archiving transaction history then what is only absolutely neccessary for a game,
    You are right with that one as it would be fun to have this feature it would waste too much resources to make it happn