Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Archer Tower or Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by seigedawg View Post
    Well I love how you being smarter than all of us did not provide your method. I am with Kat above, never had 2 of the same going unless that was all we had (ie last update of AT and Cannons)
    I didn't say I'm smarter than all of you. I said some of us do it smarter than someone who suggest placing and upgrading heavy weight defences and telling in the same post to not upgrade heavy weight defences until you have progressed. That's a contradiction and doesn't seem smart and very helpful to me.

In answer to your question...
    I like to keep defensive and offensive strength in balance with priority to offensive strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    And you thought my post was offensive?
    Your post was condescending, therefore offensive. The fact three mods responded to the thread and none bothered to address it is almost laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    I didn't say I'm smarter than all of you. I said some of us do it smarter than someone who suggest placing and upgrading heavy weight defences and telling in the same post to not upgrade heavy weight defences until you have progressed. That's a contradiction and doesn't seem smart and very helpful to me.

In answer to your question...
    I like to keep defensive and offensive strength in balance with priority to offensive strength.
    from my original post

1. Purchase all new defenses and buildings.. I SAID PURCHASE>>> NOT UPGRADE
    2. Upgrade teslas to max for th level. A max tesla farm on a new th level is a nasty surprise for the attacker..lol
    3. Upgrade all traps and bombs. Attackers dont expect this.
    4. Upgrade splash damage def
    5. Then everything else.

I THEN WENT ON TO SAY WHEN YOU HAVE PROGRESSED YOUR BASE YOU/I WOULD THEN UPGRADE THE HEAVY WEIGHTED ITEMS

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    from my original post

1. Purchase all new defenses and buildings.. I SAID PURCHASE>>> NOT UPGRADE
    2. Upgrade teslas to max for th level. A max tesla farm on a new th level is a nasty surprise for the attacker..lol
    3. Upgrade all traps and bombs. Attackers dont expect this.
    4. Upgrade splash damage def
    5. Then everything else.

I THEN WENT ON TO SAY WHEN YOU HAVE PROGRESSED YOUR BASE YOU/I WOULD THEN UPGRADE THE HEAVY WEIGHTED ITEMS
    There is no need to shout to me.

@1. As Ajax said purchasing the new defences adds more weight than upgrading them.
    @4. As Afront said upgrading splash damage buildings brings in more weight than archer towers and canons.

So maybe we found our miscommunication here... I consider splashdamage buildings also as heavy weight (not as heavy as EA and IT, but they are in relation to other buildings). And you suggest to upgrade them before everything else. Then saying not to upgrade heavy weight buildings until you progressed your base.

But as you said... We all do it differently. And that is a good thing and a great aspect of this game.

teslas first

Forum Elder
    I usually do the Teslas with priority.

For one, they are only 2x2 tiles and can be placed in unsuspecting spots. They do usually take longer, but are a 'hidden cheap' upgrade if you divide the cost-to-days they are one of the cheapest upgrades for the bang you get. I am also in the upgrade the Ground/Air with priority camp. so usually for me its Teslas (DPS)-> ATs (range) -> and then WTs (Splash).

Toward the TH11ish late Def game, ATs and Teslas start to balance out for cost/upgrade time, but again Teslas are ususally the best bet for cost/day upgrade 'efficiency' if you will.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #27
    Depends if u war ajax (looking at your stars it looks like you dont)
    There was no need or point to that clearly false insult, I have no idea what you thought you might be proving by suggesting somebody with 885 war stars doesn't war.

.. serious war clans wont let you war without them!
    We aren't a particularly serious war clan - we only war twice a week, and even at the best of times, we only get a little above 50% win rate, but none of us would dream of warring without them other than the first week or two at a new TH.

But once you have them, it is pointless and silly to deliberately avoid upgrading them, since the benefits of upgrading are greater than the additional weight of upgrading.

we put an engineered base in war.. we get an engineered clan.. we dont put an engineered base in war , we dont get an engineered clan.. tried it many times.. its no coincidence.
    Not quite as clear cut as that, we do occasionally still get engineered opponents - but it is very occasional now, where there was a time it was more wars than not (and we have never engineered).

personally getting a little fed up with people pointing out the obvious aswell.. Of course i know about the weighting of defenses.
    So why did you suggest not upgrading them beyond level 1?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Defense wise I typically do teslas and traps first, Air Defenses then splash damage defenses followed by point ones. Walls are continuous for me, i leave a builder open to dump loot into walls.

do i really have to explain!

if u do not get all your new buildings and def when your th upgrades you are deemed engineered if you are put in war! this is an issue if you are in a competitive war clan. This hightens the chances of getting an engineered clan in war dramatically.

i said buy them.. i did not say upgrade them passed level 1. Once your base has progressed to a sensible level and you are working through your defenses you can then upgrade you heavy weight def passed level 1.

if you just farm then it does not matter what you do.. if you war ..it does.. and trust me i know war!

has that educated you?
    when i go th10 i plan to get defences once i max freeze dragons and bat spell.