Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Archer Tower or Tesla

Archer Tower or Tesla

What is your preference of upgrading first out of these 2? I choose these because they hit ground and air.

Also, do you do a round of upgrades on archer towers or each one up to max first then move to another?

Currently th12
    Last edited by TheRave; May 23rd, 2019 at 08:35 AM.

South East of China, not that far away from Shanghai, or Hong Kong, just where my heart is...
    Why not both?

Pro Member
    for gold upgrades i always do cc, teslas and traps first, next are archers and cannons. for last i leave splash and then walls.
    for elixir upgrades (at th12) i would probably do camps, if you can farm enough to have extra then add lab and start working there and of course GW whenever possible (preferably as soon as upgrade done immediately send him back to altar for next lvl)
    Leader of Drunken.Hog (#2C2GPL99) friendly fast growing clan.
    Some members have their kids here too, hope we are not too old
    Clan is open 2 days a week, visit us

I prefer Tesla first because they are very useful and it's better if they are at max lvl as early as possible.

Archer towers can be looked upon later.

personally. whenever i have upgraded any base i will always do...

1. Purchase all new defenses and buildings
    2. Upgrade teslas to max for th level. A max tesla farm on a new th level is a nasty surprise for the attacker..lol
    3. Upgrade all traps and bombs. Attackers dont expect this.
    4. Upgrade splash damage def
    5. Then everything else.

i get all defenses to the same level as the older stuff so you have no weak areas in the base. Once i am happy with progress i will the start upgrading the heavy weigthed items to max for that th level .. i.e.EA, fernos etc

We all do it differently
    Last edited by Call me H; May 23rd, 2019 at 09:05 AM.

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    personally. whenever i have upgraded any base i will always do...

1. Purchase all new defenses and buildings
    2. Upgrade teslas to max for th level. A max tesla farm on a new th level is a nasty surprise for the attacker..lol
    3. Upgrade all traps and bombs. Attackers dont expect this.
    4. Upgrade splash damage def
    5. Then everything else.

i get all defenses to the same level as the older stuff so you have no weak areas in the base. Once i am happy with progress i will the start upgrading the heavy weigthed items to max for that th level .. i.e.EA, fernos etc

We all do it differently
    You start upgrading heavy weighted items when you have enough offensive (I suppose) progress.
    But you start with adding as much weight as you can by purchasing all new defences first and upgrading the splash damage defensive.

This is not a good advise.

"We all do it differently". But some do it smarter than others.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Personally I’ve usually preferred Tesla’s because they’re a surprise to attackers but I believe I went against that in TH12 simply because I liked the look of the blue archer towers I figured it doesn’t matter all that much between those 2.

That said I also always liked to work on certain groups of defenses and only do 1 or 2 different defenses at a time. It may not always be the logical thing to do in normal multiplayer to have like half your archer towers (or all your ADs) down at the same time but with a mix of defense down you’re defense is severely weakened anyway so who cares. I never liked having all sorts of defenses at various stages at the same time so I work on them in groups.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    You start upgrading heavy weighted items when you have enough offensive (I suppose) progress.
    But you start with adding as much weight as you can by purchasing all new defences first and upgrading the splash damage defensive.

i find you post offensive. i think you need to learn how to communicate

with the new meta.. any base going into war without all the buildings for that th level is deemed engineered and in my experience attracts engineered clans in war.
    Last edited by Call me H; May 23rd, 2019 at 10:13 AM.

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

Forum Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post

How people go about upgrading their base is heavily influenced by their focus. Farmers that don't war (or do CWL, but not regular CW), simply don't have to worry about war weight for example.

Also, circumstances play a role. I'll often upgrade something, which isn't a priority, because it fits neatly with my builders' schedule and/or available loot.

You may feel you're doing it "smarter than others", but many players are focused on different aspects of the game.

Forum Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRave View Post
    What is your preference of upgrading first out of these 2? I choose these because they hit ground and air.

Also, do you do a round of upgrades on archer towers or each one up to max first then move to another?

Currently th12

I look at my resource intake and builder management when selecting what to upgrade.

I also calculate the "cost" of an upgrade in "resource cost per upgrade day".

That means, that the seemingly more expensive Tesla Towers are actually CHEAPER than the seemingly cheap "Archer Towers".

The Tesla Towers will typically occupy a builder for longer than an Archer Tower will.

SO .. If I can see that my resource intake is a bit low, I'll occupy a builder or two on Tesla Towers and if my resource intake is high, I'll put a builder on an Archer tower while keeping another builder idle for walls.

The Archer Towers and Tesla Towers have more or less the same effect in a defense and your observation about ground+air is completely valid.

WHEN my resource intake is extra high, I turn to the even more expensive (in "resource cost per day") Cannons .. these babies eat Heroes all day and should not be forgotten.

Both Archer Towers and Cannons have a reasonably low War Weight and make more of a difference than the more heavy "Splash" damage giving towers.

I have had 5 Archer Towers upgrading at the same time at various points .. same goes for Cannons. I've even had 3 Tesla Towers upgrading at the same time. Either of these situations are devastating for defenses :-)

/Affront
    TH12-63/64/35|BH9-16.16.16.18.16.17.18.16.18.18.5/30| Farm with US | full stats
    Recruiting