Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Archer Tower or Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    How people go about upgrading their base is heavily influenced by their focus. Farmers that don't war (or do CWL, but not regular CW), simply don't have to worry about war weight for example.

Also, circumstances play a role. I'll often upgrade something, which isn't a priority, because it fits neatly with my builders' schedule and/or available loot.

You may feel you're doing it "smarter than others", but many players are focused on different aspects of the game.
    I know, no problem with that. Everybody should play the game as he likes or what suits him best.

But he is contradicting himself. Placing and upgrading heavy weight defences as the first thing to do and in the end saying not to upgrade heavy weight defences until certain progress is reached.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandurang View Post
    I know, no problem with that. Everybody should play the game as he likes or what suits him best.

But he is contradicting himself. Placing and upgrading heavy weight defences as the first thing to do and in the end saying not to upgrade heavy weight defences until certain progress is reached.

do i really have to explain!

if u do not get all your new buildings and def when your th upgrades you are deemed engineered if you are put in war! this is an issue if you are in a competitive war clan. This hightens the chances of getting an engineered clan in war dramatically.

i said buy them.. i did not say upgrade them passed level 1. Once your base has progressed to a sensible level and you are working through your defenses you can then upgrade you heavy weight def passed level 1.

if you just farm then it does not matter what you do.. if you war ..it does.. and trust me i know war!

has that educated you?
    Last edited by Call me H; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:34 AM.

Join other Forum members in CWL. Register your interest in this thread

Founder of KillerEliteUK.

As others have said, no wrong way to do this OP. Personally, I try and pick one type of turret and upgrade them in batches (maybe throw a different one into the rotation if cheaper/costly depending on my loot). In regards to your question, teslas were always a priority for me at new TH levels. The surprise factor associated with a max’d tesla cannot be understated, whether lumped into a tesla farm or isolated. The war weight on teslas is also one of the lowest of all turrets, so a huge plus to your defensive column. That said, teslas tie your builders up for a good bit so if your priority is elsewhere (eg., camps, CC, spell factories), ATs may be a better option. Just depends where your at really 👍

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    do i really have to explain!

if u do not get all your new buildings and def when your th upgrades you are deemed engineered if you are put in war! this is an issue if you are in a competitive war clan. This hightens the chances of getting an engineered clan in war dramatically.

i said buy them.. i did not say upgrade them passed level 1. Once your base has progressed to a sensible level and you are working through your defenses you can then upgrade you heavy weight def passed level 1.

if you just farm then it does not matter what you do.. if you war ..it does.. and trust me i know war!

has that educated you?
    It might have mins-educated him

Getting the items at level 1 adds much more to defensive weight than upgrading them does, so there is no point buying them initially then not upgrading until your offence is strong.

And sofar as the system is concerned, nobody is "deemed engineered" either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It might have mins-educated him

Getting the items at level 1 adds much more to defensive weight than upgrading them does, so there is no point buying them initially then not upgrading until your offence is strong.

And sofar as the system is concerned, nobody is "deemed engineered" either.
    Depends if u war ajax (looking at your stars it looks like you dont) .. serious war clans wont let you war without them!

we put an engineered base in war.. we get an engineered clan.. we dont put an engineered base in war , we dont get an engineered clan.. tried it many times.. its no coincidence.

personally getting a little fed up with people pointing out the obvious aswell.. Of course i know about the weighting of defenses.

I can see why someone people have such high post numbers.. my mum taught me if havent got anything positive to say ..dont say it
    Last edited by Call me H; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:35 PM.

You start upgrading heavy weighted items when you have enough offensive (I suppose) progress.
    But you start with adding as much weight as you can by purchasing all new defences first and upgrading the splash damage defensive.

This is not a good advise.

"We all do it differently". But some do it smarter than others.
    Well I love how you being smarter than all of us did not provide your method. I am with Kat above, never had 2 of the same going unless that was all we had (ie last update of AT and Cannons)

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    I asked my Hairdresser for a Donald Trump...she gave me a tremendous hair cut and had me deported.
    I have always maxed my Bank of Archer Towers before touching any other existing defence for upgrades. Tesla next and last and least cannons. Once you see what a maxed Archer Tower does if left to pound a hero from behind a storage you will never leave them under-levelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Call me H View Post
    Depends if u war ajax (looking at your stars it looks like you dont) .. serious war clans wont let you war without them!

we put an engineered base in war.. we get an engineered clan.. we dont put an engineered base in war , we dont get an engineered clan.. tried it many times.. its no coincidence.

personally getting a little fed up with people pointing out the obvious aswell.. Of course i know about the weighting of defenses.

I can see why someone people have such high post numbers.. my mum taught me if havent got anything positive to say ..dont say it
    And you thought my post was offensive?

I fully agree with Ajax on this one. And if you think the number of war stars gives an opinion on this subject more credibility... I have more than enough.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    I asked my Hairdresser for a Donald Trump...she gave me a tremendous hair cut and had me deported.
    Put down the sticks please because mine makes Negan's Lucille look like a child's light sabre.

And you thought my post was offensive?

I fully agree with Ajax on this one. And if you think the number of war stars gives an opinion on this subject more credibility... I have more than enough.
    please point out the offensive elements.. you could possibly say that me stating ajax war stars, this could be construed as being offensive i guess. but wasnt meant that way.

nothing else is offensive.

You however went out of your way and called people stupid because they have a method they work to that is obviously different to yours.

AND, did i say that having higher war stars gives people moire credibility on this subject? no i did not.. so stop putting words in my mouth and stop reading things the way you want to read them.

Happy Clashing